X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    I wonder if this means that Nolan Graham hasn't sufficiently recovered. Also it is conceivable it is for the vacancy on the women's team since Christie Cicero has left.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 26 May 2018. There are 133 days (19 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Chuck Weber
        Head Coach and General Manager of Hockey Operations.....http://atlantagladiators.com/team/coaching-staff/
        Weber seems to have all the credentials for a head coaching job somewhere. Why would he be doing this? It is mentioned elsewhere that there is a vacancy on the women's team as well and that maybe this is for that position. Not sure if hired coaches will fill whatever slot on the women's or men's teams deemed necessary or if coaching staff on the two teams are separate. But if this is a hire for the men's team, then Nolan is likely out or if the teams are together coaching staff wise then maybe Nolan will fill the vacancy on the women's team until he is 100% and Weber is filling Nolan's spot on the men's team. Either way, I am not sure why a guy who has some pretty good credentials would want to do this. Unless he is changing direction and needs to add some college coaching to his resume to get a college head coaching position down the road. He certainly would help the players learn how to play the game at the next level. That could translate into more success for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
          Weber seems to have all the credentials for a head coaching job somewhere. Why would he be doing this? It is mentioned elsewhere that there is a vacancy on the women's team as well and that maybe this is for that position. Not sure if hired coaches will fill whatever slot on the women's or men's teams deemed necessary or if coaching staff on the two teams are separate. But if this is a hire for the men's team, then Nolan is likely out or if the teams are together coaching staff wise then maybe Nolan will fill the vacancy on the women's team until he is 100% and Weber is filling Nolan's spot on the men's team. Either way, I am not sure why a guy who has some pretty good credentials would want to do this. Unless he is changing direction and needs to add some college coaching to his resume to get a college head coaching position down the road. He certainly would help the players learn how to play the game at the next level. That could translate into more success for the team.
          Both teams need ACs who can go on the recruiting trail. Conceivably that is currently a problem for Nolan.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 27 May 2018. There are 132 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 28 May 2018. There are 131 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Have the season ticket renewal notices gone out yet? The reason I am asking is that they in the past have contained the home schedule which of course interests me.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Have the season ticket renewal notices gone out yet? The reason I am asking is that they in the past have contained the home schedule which of course interests me.
                  I haven’t received mine yet. Will let you know when it shows up...

Comment

Today is 29 May 2018. There are 130 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have a contact in Atlanta who has been close to the team since the beginning in Gwinnette (?spelling). He says that Weber is a very good coach. But the rumor is that he is not happy with the ECHL lifestyle. 72 game schedule, long bus trips and no control over players being moved in and out of the lineup due to call ups from the AHL/NHL.
                      Sounds reasonable to me, but what will he be doing at RPI?
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

And the Twitter post says he is “in the running” for a job on RPI’s coaching staff. That sounds like to me that there are more than one candidate for this unknown position. Wonder if we will find out who the other candidates are... ??

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                          And the Twitter post says he is “in the running” for a job on RPI’s coaching staff. That sounds like to me that there are more than one candidate for this unknown position. Wonder if we will find out who the other candidates are... ??
                          Could still be only one candidate; doesn't mean they'll take that one. Plus, didn't this also happen a couple of years ago, and we hypothesized it to be for Visa purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Could still be only one candidate; doesn't mean they'll take that one. Plus, didn't this also happen a couple of years ago, and we hypothesized it to be for Visa purposes?
                            It must be for Visa purposes. RPI doesn't take American Express.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Both teams need ACs who can go on the recruiting trail. Conceivably that is currently a problem for Nolan.

Hope all is well for Nolan and his family. Rehab can be long, draining experience. All quiet is not all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                                Hope all is well for Nolan and his family. Rehab can be long, draining experience. All quiet is not all bad.
                                Nolan is determined. Keep the daily push going.

Comment

Working...
                                X