X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    There are several, perhaps even more than that, RPI fans here who know more about hockey than I do. I just post a lot.

It has to do with meeting a personal goal of posting on the recruit thread. I did not meet it last year and probably won't meet it this year either. Admittedly it is quite dumb.

Also, like the Federal budget, there will probably be an extension. (If Air Force wins today, will they be able to play tomorrow?)
    Ralph - please disregard this one goal, and do not leave. Please.
    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Today is 24 March 2018. There are 196 days (28 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        There are several, perhaps even more than that, RPI fans here who know more about hockey than I do. I just post a lot.

It has to do with meeting a personal goal of posting on the recruit thread. I did not meet it last year and probably won't meet it this year either. Admittedly it is quite dumb.

Also, like the Federal budget, there will probably be an extension. (If Air Force wins today, will they be able to play tomorrow?)
        Ralph, If you are healthy (and I hope that you are), I would ask you to reconsider leaving.
        We all set goals and some we make and some we don't, but we don't just stop.
        I don't think you know what you mean to this small band of RPI brothers.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          Ralph, If you are healthy (and I hope that you are), I would ask you to reconsider leaving.
          +1
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Yeesh... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcpiFvlzW48

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              That was a very interesting and disturbing video. But before I jump on the bandwagon, I would like to here from the other side.
              I bet they could sound just as persuasive for their side.
              And I bet that the truth is somewhere in the middle.
              All that said, keep up the peaceful protests and make them make the case.
              Good luck
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                +1
                Thanks and to anyone else whom I have not acknowledged..
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  That was a very interesting and disturbing video. But before I jump on the bandwagon, I would like to here from the other side.
                  I bet they could sound just as persuasive for their side.
                  And I bet that the truth is somewhere in the middle.
                  All that said, keep up the peaceful protests and make them make the case.
                  Good luck
                  Here's the spring Town Hall Meeting; I'm sure it came up in questions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxowMAFrrl0

Comment

I wonder what is going to happen at my 50-year reunion in the fall. Considering how much mail I have been receiving in recent years about putting RPI in my will, I suspect that there will be a lot of pressure to donate. I certainly don't intend to do anything as long as the current administration is around.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

yeah, That looks like hockey players playing Hoop

Comment

Just to change the tune for a second. Drew Melanson today became the first RPI graduate in my memory to play in the NCAA tournament in a long time (if ever). He then stole a puck in the third period and set up as the second assist the game winning goal against Cornell! I guess that should be worthy of note as we have not scored a point in the NCAA tournament in 33 years. Being placed on the BU first line with 2 absolute behemoths certainly has put him in a very unique position that he never enjoyed in Troy.

Second. Ralph, I fully can understand some of what you are feeling and if you decide to no longer post, you will be greatly missed by both Jenny and myself who have followed your messages longer than some college hockey players are alive. I have not been posting much myself and have taken a bit of a leave of absence but as you probably already know, I will keep in touch with you by other means anyway. Whatever you decide, we both wish you the best in life.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Just to change the tune for a second. Drew Melanson today became the first RPI graduate in my memory to play in the NCAA tournament in a long time (if ever). He then stole a puck in the third period and set up as the second assist the game winning goal against Cornell! I guess that should be worthy of note as we have not scored a point in the NCAA tournament in 33 years. Being placed on the BU first line with 2 absolute behemoths certainly has put him in a very unique position that he never enjoyed in Troy.

Second. Ralph, I fully can understand some of what you are feeling and if you decide to no longer post, you will be greatly missed by both Jenny and myself who have followed your messages longer than some college hockey players are alive. I have not been posting much myself and have taken a bit of a leave of absence but as you probably already know, I will keep in touch with you by other means anyway. Whatever you decide, we both wish you the best in life.
                            It was also a great screen by Drew on BU’s eventual game winner.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Ralph, you can't leave - I just got back! (sort of)

There have been rumors floating around and we know there have to be cuts made eventually. Anyone think the guys in the basketball picture might be all that's left of the team (apart from the pro-playing seniors, of course)? Maybe "the winning team" has a double meaning.
                              Charlene

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I wonder what is going to happen at my 50-year reunion in the fall. Considering how much mail I have been receiving in recent years about putting RPI in my will, I suspect that there will be a lot of pressure to donate. I certainly don't intend to do anything as long as the current administration is around.
                                Can't blame you RB. I know there has been some personnel turnover in the alumni / development office.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X