Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 920

Thread: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

  1. #501
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,782

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Today is 8 April 2018. There are 181 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-14-2018 at 01:56 AM.

  2. #502
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,646

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSec17 View Post
    So we have Linden, Marshall, and Linden Marshall. Got it.😉
    We did have Bradley and Bradley Bell a few years ago. I think we'll manage.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  3. #503
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,782

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    We did have Bradley and Bradley Bell a few years ago. I think we'll manage.
    I am more concerned about Perry Laskaris keeping them apart than about us. It shouldn't be a problem because one is a skater and one is a goalie.

  4. #504
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    90

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I would be surprised if this is far from the truth:
    F: Wiffen, Hayhurst, Marrello, Polino, Burgess, Burke, Ott, Jerry, Gornall, Linden, Bendorf, Bowman, Lee, Lacka, Ashbrook, DiGrande
    D: Moore, Grant, Samec, Reilly, Harris, Hallbauer, Ferner, Babichuk, Bear (midyear)
    G: Perry, Marshall, Savory
    Ashbrook from what I have been told is not coming in this year and I don't believe Lacka is either. I've heard that there is a forward transferring in that will not be available to play until second semester. The same with the Defense. A couple of transfers coming.

  5. #505
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,782

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by Noresmen View Post
    Ashbrook from what I have been told is not coming in this year and I don't believe Lacka is either. I've heard that there is a forward transferring in that will not be available to play until second semester. The same with the Defense. A couple of transfers coming.
    Certainly possible. Shane Bear could be the transferring defender since he played for UMass. Even better would be if we were getting Michael Campoli (BC) who visited, but I think we would have heard. Gornall (I keep wanting to write Cornell) is already on campus and is a North Dakota transfer.

    As to Ashbrook and Lacka, they both could wait until 2019, but it really bothers me that we are getting so many players who age out of juniors.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-08-2018 at 09:08 AM.

  6. #506
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,310

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I would be surprised if this is far from the truth:
    F: Wiffen, Hayhurst, Marrello, Polino, Burgess, Burke, Ott, Jerry, Gornall, Linden, Bendorf, Bowman, Lee, Lacka, Ashbrook, DiGrande
    D: Moore, Grant, Samec, Reilly, Harris, Hallbauer, Ferner, Babichuk, Bear (midyear)
    G: Perry, Marshall, Savory
    RB: Thanks for this list, I was getting a bit confused with all the notices of comings and goings. I pretty much agree with most of these but have my doubts about 3 of them being included in the list for sure. I have heard but cannot post about 2 other possible names that could be added. other than when coach Harkness left (and both Jenny and I were just young kids), this coming year may mark the most turnover in one season we have ever seen.
    Anyone who can venture a guess about what to expect under that circumstance has to be using a crystal ball.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  7. #507
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    921

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Ralph has Ashbrook as having signed a letter of intent. If he chooses not to enroll in the fall (or is asked not to enroll, which I find doubtful given our desperate need for anyone that can even locate the net), is he still bound by his NCAA LoI? I know in basketball the letter is just for that year, which makes sense because not enrolling invariably means either a release to pursue another school or going to a JC, in which case an NCAA LoI isn't relevant. Is going back to junior the hockey equivalent that invalidates the LoI or can we then count on Ashbrook for '19?

  8. #508
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,782

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by rpi82 View Post
    Ralph has Ashbrook as having signed a letter of intent. If he chooses not to enroll in the fall (or is asked not to enroll, which I find doubtful given our desperate need for anyone that can even locate the net), is he still bound by his NCAA LoI? I know in basketball the letter is just for that year, which makes sense because not enrolling invariably means either a release to pursue another school or going to a JC, in which case an NCAA LoI isn't relevant. Is going back to junior the hockey equivalent that invalidates the LoI or can we then count on Ashbrook for '19?

  9. #509
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,646

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by rpi82 View Post
    Ralph has Ashbrook as having signed a letter of intent. If he chooses not to enroll in the fall (or is asked not to enroll, which I find doubtful given our desperate need for anyone that can even locate the net), is he still bound by his NCAA LoI? I know in basketball the letter is just for that year, which makes sense because not enrolling invariably means either a release to pursue another school or going to a JC, in which case an NCAA LoI isn't relevant. Is going back to junior the hockey equivalent that invalidates the LoI or can we then count on Ashbrook for '19?
    He can't choose to not enroll without losing a year (and he's too old to make any other route worthwhile), so unless the school cancels it, he'll be here next year. Signing at the time he did is for 18-19.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  10. #510
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    He can't choose to not enroll without losing a year (and he's too old to make any other route worthwhile), so unless the school cancels it, he'll be here next year. Signing at the time he did is for 18-19.
    Ashbrook is a 98 and has another year of eligibility to play Jrs. As for the NLI ... it spells out the commitment that the school is making and the year it is for. It could be for any given year and the player can defer he chooses to and change the entrance date. The earliest the NLI can be signed is the Fall signing period of the Athletes senior year in High Scho. The school canít push it back without the player agreeing. The player can decide not to come but the school still is in control. The player is still bound by the NLI and isnít free to talk to another school. The source I have on Ashbrook is solid and spoke to him and heard it directly from him. Heís coming to RPI but not until 19-20.

  11. #511
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,782

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Today is 9 April 2018. There are 180 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-14-2018 at 01:56 AM.

  12. #512
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,782

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by Noresmen View Post
    Ashbrook is a 98 and has another year of eligibility to play Jrs. As for the NLI ... it spells out the commitment that the school is making and the year it is for. It could be for any given year and the player can defer he chooses to and change the entrance date. The earliest the NLI can be signed is the Fall signing period of the Athletes senior year in High Scho. The school canít push it back without the player agreeing. The player can decide not to come but the school still is in control. The player is still bound by the NLI and isnít free to talk to another school. The source I have on Ashbrook is solid and spoke to him and heard it directly from him. Heís coming to RPI but not until 19-20.
    Thanks. that makes sense which means it probably isn't correct. I think that that FD18 thought that the NCAA listened to me and made the maximum age when classes start how old I was at graduation (20 years, 5 months, 5 days).

  13. #513
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,646

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by Noresmen View Post
    Ashbrook is a 98 and has another year of eligibility to play Jrs. As for the NLI ... it spells out the commitment that the school is making and the year it is for. It could be for any given year and the player can defer he chooses to and change the entrance date. The earliest the NLI can be signed is the Fall signing period of the Athletes senior year in High Scho. The school can’t push it back without the player agreeing. The player can decide not to come but the school still is in control. The player is still bound by the NLI and isn’t free to talk to another school. The source I have on Ashbrook is solid and spoke to him and heard it directly from him. He’s coming to RPI but not until 19-20.
    Then I would expect that he would have to sign one next year in order to receive an athletic scholarship, based on the information given by the NCAA and NLI board on effective season. I'm sure there's official semantics that are where any sort of disagreement would come between us, and not really much of a reason to get into those. We'll look forward to seeing him then.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  14. #514
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,646

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Thanks. that makes sense which means it probably isn't correct. I think that that FD18 thought that the NCAA listened to me and made the maximum age when classes start how old I was at graduation (20 years, 5 months, 5 days).
    Assuming you're not talking about my posting cousin that's 10 years my junior , I was more of referring to how the semantics of the NLI work based on the public information that is given. It's what path is taken to the same end result, but the end result is most important.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  15. #515
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    90

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Then I would expect that he would have to sign one next year in order to receive an athletic scholarship, based on the information given by the NCAA and NLI board on effective season. I'm sure there's official semantics that are where any sort of disagreement would come between us, and not really much of a reason to get into those. We'll look forward to seeing him then.
    I would agree ... its a matter of semantics. They can be pushed by the parties if they agree to it but each side is giving something up. One interesting item, if a school does not release a player from the NLI and they choose not to come, the player must sit a year. Conversely, if the school doesn't release the player they too can not use that scholarship money. The school can't have it both ways. So it benefits the school to release the player. The school though can tie it to where the player may or may not attend though as a condition of the release.

  16. #516
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,782

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Assuming you're not talking about my posting cousin that's 10 years my junior , I was more of referring to how the semantics of the NLI work based on the public information that is given. It's what path is taken to the same end result, but the end result is most important.
    Are you going to his/her graduation?

  17. #517
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,646

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Are you going to his/her graduation?
    Dropped out early, and instead was at a wedding.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  18. #518
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    921

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Thanks. that makes sense which means it probably isn't correct. I think that that FD18 thought that the NCAA listened to me and made the maximum age when classes start how old I was at graduation (20 years, 5 months, 5 days).
    Well, you beat me. I was exactly 20 1/2 years old on graduation day. Does anyone know the youngest player we've ever had? I know Patrick Koudys was still 17 when he stepped on the Field House ice for the first time. Did we have any really young prodigies back in the old days?

  19. #519
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,782

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by rpi82 View Post
    Well, you beat me. I was exactly 20 1/2 years old on graduation day. Does anyone know the youngest player we've ever had? I know Patrick Koudys was still 17 when he stepped on the Field House ice for the first time. Did we have any really young prodigies back in the old days?
    It is wrong, but Hockeydb claims that Don Cutts was 18 when he graduated. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=6248 He actually was 3 years older, but at 21 he was still young.

  20. #520
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,782

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Jim Knowlton moves on from the Air Force Academy:
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-10-2018 at 01:43 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 4 guests)

  1. tony/troy

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •