X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    He has 2 year's eligibility left.
    Didn't realize that. Thought it was just one.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
      Didn't realize that. Thought it was just one.
      Freshman year was a redshirt, although he played a couple games. Thanks, Union.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Freshman year was a redshirt, although he played a couple games. Thanks, Union.
        Are you saying that Rick Bennett expected back then that he would get the BU job and wanted ET for two years? (I don't recall the injury. I assume by your post that it was in a Union game.)
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Are you saying that Rick Bennett expected back then that he would get the BU job and wanted ET for two years? (I don't recall the injury. I assume by your post that it was in a Union game.)
          It was a dirty hit during a Union game. Hardly penalized too, especially considering we get 5 and game if we so much as touch them.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
            I just saw in the Globe that Rick Bennett is a finalist for the job. He's up against Shawn McEachern, who I would think is the heavy favorite
            I know Bennett has a strong success aspect, but he just strikes me as a guy who has a streak of anger a mile wide. Kind of like John Tortorella. Maybe I am wrong about him. And when you are looking to schmooze the alumni, there has to be a "like" factor to you. Quinn and Parker were likeable guys. I watched Quinn's newsconference with the Rangers. He handles himself incredibly well. Bennett strikes me as a guy who doesn't really want to talk to people outside his niche. Maybe I am biased by the Bennett-SA fiasco at the Capital Cup game a couple years back. For me that incident seemed totally out of character for SA. But Bennett seemed to be right at home with that behavior. I suspect it will be a big factor in the decision if he doesn't get the job. But if he does, I imagine the powers that be will keep him on a short leash. Admittedly I know nothing about McEachern.

Comment

BU had so much success the last time they took a coach from the NY CD (RPI's Leon Abbott), that they apparently are interested in trying it again.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                I know Bennett has a strong success aspect, but he just strikes me as a guy who has a streak of anger a mile wide. Kind of like John Tortorella. Maybe I am wrong about him. And when you are looking to schmooze the alumni, there has to be a "like" factor to you. Quinn and Parker were likeable guys. I watched Quinn's newsconference with the Rangers. He handles himself incredibly well. Bennett strikes me as a guy who doesn't really want to talk to people outside his niche. Maybe I am biased by the Bennett-SA fiasco at the Capital Cup game a couple years back. For me that incident seemed totally out of character for SA. But Bennett seemed to be right at home with that behavior. I suspect it will be a big factor in the decision if he doesn't get the job. But if he does, I imagine the powers that be will keep him on a short leash. Admittedly I know nothing about McEachern.
                QFT

Re: the need for a short leash. Maybe some of 'Bennett being Bennett' would play better in some Hockey East circles than in the ECAC.

Comment

FWIW

SLU nope
                  RPI nope
                  PC nope

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Don’t know if I would classify his year as solid. Missed 1/3 of year and had 1-4-5 in 24 games.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today is 4 June 2018. There are 124 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Union gonna hire Ben Barr? Would be another FU to rpi
                        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                          Union gonna hire Ben Barr? Would be another FU to rpi
                          You're missing one step in your disgust, one which isn't going to be happening on account that Bennett isn't a finalist.

Comment

Today is 5 June 2018. There are 123 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                You're missing one step in your disgust, one which isn't going to be happening on account that Bennett isn't a finalist.
                                Um, as of 2:30 June 5, it's between Albie O'Connell and Bennett.
                                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Working...
                                X