Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 232

Thread: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

  1. #161
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    201

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    I'm glad Colton has earned the opportunity to go to the Lightning to continue his development. Sad to see him go, but I think it is the right move for him personally. Probably not psyched to spend another season with different line mates every game.

  2. #162
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    98

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    You call yourselves UVM Hockey fans?
    Marty St.Louis goes into the Hall of Fame and all it gets is one mention?
    If it ain't negative it ain't getting talked about here!
    What a joke!
    hello George how is the ivory tower? Spare us please the GREAT NEWS that Marty is in the hockey hall of fame broke last evening! as I am sure you know many of us have different lives and priorities and some of us to not log on the internet late at night or have plans! Also in VT where some of us live even high speed internet is spotty at best and many have to wait until they get to work to have a connection! I want to personally let you know I logged on to the internet this morning to offer my biggest congratulations to Martin St Louis the greatest UVM hockey player of all time on his hall of fame career because he deserved every bit of it and showcased the meaning of a TRUE Catamount on and off the ice and still does to this day! He has my upmost respect and I am so happy for him to earn such a great honor!
    But please go on calling all of us jokes because not even 24 hours after a story breaks we all did not come here to be happy! I am very disappointed to see this is all you and YOUR hall of fame career have resorted to, attacking the fans who so beloved your voice for many years!! You sir are not helping with this negativity you dislike with posts like that!

  3. #163
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    98

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    Quote Originally Posted by j24vt View Post
    I'm glad Colton has earned the opportunity to go to the Lightning to continue his development. Sad to see him go, but I think it is the right move for him personally. Probably not psyched to spend another season with different line mates every game.
    End of the day and as I predicted months ago he had to go. He is going to be 22 and those are key years for development and he would also have become a free agent and you cannot turn down that money no college student, parent or coach should stand in the way of that as Colton probably now earns more than the average college grad will in the first job! He make the right move and this hurts the Cats in a big way but he needed to do it! Hopefully he can make it to the NHL soon!

  4. #164
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,773

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    You call yourselves UVM Hockey fans?
    Marty St.Louis goes into the Hall of Fame and all it gets is one mention?
    If it ain't negative it ain't getting talked about here!
    What a joke!
    A little late night/early morning drinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  5. #165
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    201

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    St. Louis and Perrin were fun to watch: https://twitter.com/jackmynbc5/statu...757585925?s=12

  6. #166
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    934

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    Jeff Hill promoted to assistant coach. Predictable move
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 21-20-4
    Women's: 10-15-4

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  7. #167
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    A little late night/early morning drinking?
    Not worthy of a comment

  8. #168
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
    hello George how is the ivory tower? Spare us please the GREAT NEWS that Marty is in the hockey hall of fame broke last evening! as I am sure you know many of us have different lives and priorities and some of us to not log on the internet late at night or have plans! Also in VT where some of us live even high speed internet is spotty at best and many have to wait until they get to work to have a connection! I want to personally let you know I logged on to the internet this morning to offer my biggest congratulations to Martin St Louis the greatest UVM hockey player of all time on his hall of fame career because he deserved every bit of it and showcased the meaning of a TRUE Catamount on and off the ice and still does to this day! He has my upmost respect and I am so happy for him to earn such a great honor!
    But please go on calling all of us jokes because not even 24 hours after a story breaks we all did not come here to be happy! I am very disappointed to see this is all you and YOUR hall of fame career have resorted to, attacking the fans who so beloved your voice for many years!! You sir are not helping with this negativity you dislike with posts like that!
    Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about UVM fans. The JOKE reference is to the small minority who dominate this thread spewing venom about the Coach, the athletic department, and the media.
    Marty earned a great honor for himself and for UVM. Can't we take just one day to celebrate that.

  9. #169
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    244

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    Quote Originally Posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    I'd be curious to know what you mean by this?
    I'm sorry this was meant as a comment to Kyle Wallacks departure not Ross Colton's

  10. #170
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    UConn has one. Ruslan Iskhakov committed VERY recently.
    UConn has 2 from this year and 2 from last year coming in

  11. #171
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,013

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    You call yourselves UVM Hockey fans?
    Marty St.Louis goes into the Hall of Fame and all it gets is one mention?
    If it ain't negative it ain't getting talked about here!
    What a joke!
    Marty getting into the hockey hall of fame was a given. It's not a surprise and thus doesn't generate the same reaction. Colton leaving and Wallack for that matter were surprises considering Colton verifying hwe was returning. Thus the increased dialogue about it. It's not a joke, it's common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokydad View Post
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

  12. #172
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    98

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about UVM fans. The JOKE reference is to the small minority who dominate this thread spewing venom about the Coach, the athletic department, and the media.
    Marty earned a great honor for himself and for UVM. Can't we take just one day to celebrate that.
    there are more than a "small minority" to quote a old term you would be surprised how many are in the silent majority! I found this message form to discuss the team and would LOVE to discuss them doing well but the numbers do not lie and nor does the trend of the last 7 years!! Lots of people I know who are very upset with the direction of the team simply are not coming online because we all have our ways to express ourselves because this is America! Sir with respect I am so very pleased for St Louis and am honored to have seen him play in person all those years ago and it was just thrilled to have heard you provide many a call for his goals over the years too! But i guess now I have learned what they always say to never meet or interact with people you admire because they'll always disappoint! You may view me and others as a joke but that is disrespectful to our passion as real fans who many gave our hard earned dollars to support a team so pardon us all if blind loyalty or being buddy buddy with the coach which most of us are not means we see things in a different light, such as ON THE ICE.

    There is no need to reply becauase as to quote you, your comments directed toward us "JOKE" of fans are respectfully "Not worthy of a comment" anymore!

  13. #173
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    244

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about UVM fans. The JOKE reference is to the small minority who dominate this thread spewing venom about the Coach, the athletic department, and the media.
    Marty earned a great honor for himself and for UVM. Can't we take just one day to celebrate that.
    Thats only because the coach and athletic department suck.

    I love the media!

  14. #174
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,013

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Not worthy of a comment
    And yet you made one anyways.... jesus I can't believe I find myself agreeing with Nick.
    Next think I'll be rooting for the Eagles... and with UVM's future next year thats not actually as much of a pipe dream as it once was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokydad View Post
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

  15. #175
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,258

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    Quote Originally Posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
    there are more than a "small minority" to quote a old term you would be surprised how many are in the silent majority! I found this message form to discuss the team and would LOVE to discuss them doing well but the numbers do not lie and nor does the trend of the last 7 years!! Lots of people I know who are very upset with the direction of the team simply are not coming online because we all have our ways to express ourselves because this is America! Sir with respect I am so very pleased for St Louis and am honored to have seen him play in person all those years ago and it was just thrilled to have heard you provide many a call for his goals over the years too! But i guess now I have learned what they always say to never meet or interact with people you admire because they'll always disappoint! You may view me and others as a joke but that is disrespectful to our passion as real fans who many gave our hard earned dollars to support a team so pardon us all if blind loyalty or being buddy buddy with the coach which most of us are not means we see things in a different light, such as ON THE ICE.

    There is no need to reply becauase as to quote you, your comments directed toward us "JOKE" of fans are respectfully "Not worthy of a comment" anymore!
    To you Pokecheck, and other members of the small minority ...
    I started out here with the idea that this thread should be honoring Marty ... it has evolved into something else ...
    I thought and still think it is a joke that some people here would rather criticize than offer a salute.
    Do you have the right to criticize? Of course.
    Do I disagree with your criticism? Yup.
    Let's just leave it at that, okay?
    Now get off my lawn!

  16. #176
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    934

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpre...o-catch-up-on/

    Quick blog post on all the chaos of the last week, including some women's news as well. Feedback appreciated, I'm trying to make the blog better this year but I can't make it better if I don't know what to improve :P
    Last edited by TovarishchLisa; 06-28-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 21-20-4
    Women's: 10-15-4

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  17. #177
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    244

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpre...o-catch-up-on/

    Quick blog post on all the chaos of the last week, including some women's news as well. Feedback appreciated, I'm trying to make the blog better this year but I can't make it better if I don't know what to improve :P
    Looks good except for the fact that Wallack had little to do with recruiting the National Championship team at Yale. Dan Muse was much more of a factor. Wallack likes to bring that up but the fact is they didn't get over the hump with that group until he left. He is a real for the locker room and potential for any team chemistry as he picks favorites and then tries to be their buddy.

  18. #178
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    87

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    Quote Originally Posted by catmandoo View Post
    Looks good except for the fact that Wallack had little to do with recruiting the National Championship team at Yale. Dan Muse was much more of a factor. Wallack likes to bring that up but the fact is they didn't get over the hump with that group until he left. He is a real for the locker room and potential for any team chemistry as he picks favorites and then tries to be their buddy.
    Considering your vast storehouse of knowledge have you considered applying for the Director of Hockey Operations position? It seems to me with your vast experience in coaching, recruiting, line combos, and OZ play you would be the right fit, and you could impart some of the wisdom on Coach Sneddon.

  19. #179
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    934

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    Joe Fallon and Torrey Mitchell will be inducted into the UVM Athletic Hall of Fame
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 21-20-4
    Women's: 10-15-4

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  20. #180
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    201

    Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

    https://mobile.twitter.com/TBLightni...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

    Colton tied for lead in development camp tourney points

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •