Clear All

• Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

Jeff Hill promoted to assistant coach. Predictable move
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      A little late night/early morning drinking?
      Not worthy of a comment

Comment

• Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
        hello George how is the ivory tower? Spare us please the GREAT NEWS that Marty is in the hockey hall of fame broke last evening! as I am sure you know many of us have different lives and priorities and some of us to not log on the internet late at night or have plans! Also in VT where some of us live even high speed internet is spotty at best and many have to wait until they get to work to have a connection! I want to personally let you know I logged on to the internet this morning to offer my biggest congratulations to Martin St Louis the greatest UVM hockey player of all time on his hall of fame career because he deserved every bit of it and showcased the meaning of a TRUE Catamount on and off the ice and still does to this day! He has my upmost respect and I am so happy for him to earn such a great honor!
        But please go on calling all of us jokes because not even 24 hours after a story breaks we all did not come here to be happy! I am very disappointed to see this is all you and YOUR hall of fame career have resorted to, attacking the fans who so beloved your voice for many years!! You sir are not helping with this negativity you dislike with posts like that!
        Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about UVM fans. The JOKE reference is to the small minority who dominate this thread spewing venom about the Coach, the athletic department, and the media.
        Marty earned a great honor for himself and for UVM. Can't we take just one day to celebrate that.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
          I'd be curious to know what you mean by this?
          I'm sorry this was meant as a comment to Kyle Wallacks departure not Ross Colton's

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
            UConn has one. Ruslan Iskhakov committed VERY recently.
            UConn has 2 from this year and 2 from last year coming in
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
              You call yourselves UVM Hockey fans?
              Marty St.Louis goes into the Hall of Fame and all it gets is one mention?
              If it ain't negative it ain't getting talked about here!
              What a joke!
              Marty getting into the hockey hall of fame was a given. It's not a surprise and thus doesn't generate the same reaction. Colton leaving and Wallack for that matter were surprises considering Colton verifying hwe was returning. Thus the increased dialogue about it. It's not a joke, it's common sense.
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about UVM fans. The JOKE reference is to the small minority who dominate this thread spewing venom about the Coach, the athletic department, and the media.
                Marty earned a great honor for himself and for UVM. Can't we take just one day to celebrate that.
                there are more than a "small minority" to quote a old term you would be surprised how many are in the silent majority! I found this message form to discuss the team and would LOVE to discuss them doing well but the numbers do not lie and nor does the trend of the last 7 years!! Lots of people I know who are very upset with the direction of the team simply are not coming online because we all have our ways to express ourselves because this is America! Sir with respect I am so very pleased for St Louis and am honored to have seen him play in person all those years ago and it was just thrilled to have heard you provide many a call for his goals over the years too! But i guess now I have learned what they always say to never meet or interact with people you admire because they'll always disappoint! You may view me and others as a joke but that is disrespectful to our passion as real fans who many gave our hard earned dollars to support a team so pardon us all if blind loyalty or being buddy buddy with the coach which most of us are not means we see things in a different light, such as ON THE ICE.

There is no need to reply becauase as to quote you, your comments directed toward us "JOKE" of fans are respectfully "Not worthy of a comment" anymore!

Comment

Thats only because the coach and athletic department suck.

I love the media!

Comment

Not worthy of a comment
                    And yet you made one anyways.... jesus I can't believe I find myself agreeing with Nick.
                    Next think I'll be rooting for the Eagles... and with UVM's future next year thats not actually as much of a pipe dream as it once was.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                      there are more than a "small minority" to quote a old term you would be surprised how many are in the silent majority! I found this message form to discuss the team and would LOVE to discuss them doing well but the numbers do not lie and nor does the trend of the last 7 years!! Lots of people I know who are very upset with the direction of the team simply are not coming online because we all have our ways to express ourselves because this is America! Sir with respect I am so very pleased for St Louis and am honored to have seen him play in person all those years ago and it was just thrilled to have heard you provide many a call for his goals over the years too! But i guess now I have learned what they always say to never meet or interact with people you admire because they'll always disappoint! You may view me and others as a joke but that is disrespectful to our passion as real fans who many gave our hard earned dollars to support a team so pardon us all if blind loyalty or being buddy buddy with the coach which most of us are not means we see things in a different light, such as ON THE ICE.

There is no need to reply becauase as to quote you, your comments directed toward us "JOKE" of fans are respectfully "Not worthy of a comment" anymore!
                      To you Pokecheck, and other members of the small minority ...
                      I started out here with the idea that this thread should be honoring Marty ... it has evolved into something else ...
                      I thought and still think it is a joke that some people here would rather criticize than offer a salute.
                      Do you have the right to criticize? Of course.
                      Do I disagree with your criticism? Yup.
                      Let's just leave it at that, okay?
                      Now get off my lawn!

Comment

https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpre...o-catch-up-on/

Quick blog post on all the chaos of the last week, including some women's news as well. Feedback appreciated, I'm trying to make the blog better this year but I can't make it better if I don't know what to improve :P
                        Last edited by TovarishchLisa; 06-28-2018, 11:41 AM.

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpre...o-catch-up-on/

Quick blog post on all the chaos of the last week, including some women's news as well. Feedback appreciated, I'm trying to make the blog better this year but I can't make it better if I don't know what to improve :P
                          Looks good except for the fact that Wallack had little to do with recruiting the National Championship team at Yale. Dan Muse was much more of a factor. Wallack likes to bring that up but the fact is they didn't get over the hump with that group until he left. He is a real for the locker room and potential for any team chemistry as he picks favorites and then tries to be their buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
                            Looks good except for the fact that Wallack had little to do with recruiting the National Championship team at Yale. Dan Muse was much more of a factor. Wallack likes to bring that up but the fact is they didn't get over the hump with that group until he left. He is a real for the locker room and potential for any team chemistry as he picks favorites and then tries to be their buddy.
                            Considering your vast storehouse of knowledge have you considered applying for the Director of Hockey Operations position? It seems to me with your vast experience in coaching, recruiting, line combos, and OZ play you would be the right fit, and you could impart some of the wisdom on Coach Sneddon.

Comment

Joe Fallon and Torrey Mitchell will be inducted into the UVM Athletic Hall of Fame

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/TBLightni...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Colton tied for lead in development camp tourney points

Comment

Working...
                                X