Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

Per UVM website

Colton and Coughlin have turned down pro offers and will return for 2018-2019 season

Odd thing to do if you don't like the coaching staff huh????
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
      Sneddon basically booted him because he wouldn't agree to give him more scholarship moneys than what he already had because the team doesn't often give full scholarships gives in percentages Munson asked for more based on his good season and Sneddon said no and Munson left...par for the course around here!
      Well that was the rumor. In reality, however, Packy left Vermont so that he could go to Colorado to be closer to his family in Minnesota!

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
        Per UVM website

Colton and Coughlin have turned down pro offers and will return for 2018-2019 season

Don't know about Coughlin, but apparently Colton has a very close relationship with Sneddon. Talks to him about hockey stuff and life stuff too. Surprised the heck out of me when I heard it.

Comment

Per UVM website

you are hilarious is your only thing now to come here and post when all of us so call haters which probably is not 80 % of the fanbase when 1 good thing happens? or ask us where we all went when the team does decent...you are becoming what you hate sir because where have you been all season while they were losing?!

if we are real for a second here Coughlin is not a legit pro and likely never sees a NHL ice and Colton is betting on himself a lot and that is a big risk he will be 22 this fall so he needs to have a even better season than he did last year because this is his make or break prospect year and I hope he is able to do it happy they are coming back but also guess what because this was mention before you came they need to win games next year too! nothing changes about the coaching but if this is how you want to call all of us out go ahead the evidence on the ice is stacking up against you and you know it which is why you post such silly things!

Comment

Per UVM website

Nobody said he is a bad guy (with the exception of a few). He is just a mediocre coach who has been here too long with a program that is stagnant. Other schools seem to lose patience much sooner than UVM when it comes to under performance.

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
              you are hilarious is your only thing now to come here and post when all of us so call haters which probably is not 80 % of the fanbase when 1 good thing happens? or ask us where we all went when the team does decent...you are becoming what you hate sir because where have you been all season while they were losing?!

if we are real for a second here Coughlin is not a legit pro and likely never sees a NHL ice and Colton is betting on himself a lot and that is a big risk he will be 22 this fall so he needs to have a even better season than he did last year because this is his make or break prospect year and I hope he is able to do it happy they are coming back but also guess what because this was mention before you came they need to win games next year too! nothing changes about the coaching but if this is how you want to call all of us out go ahead the evidence on the ice is stacking up against you and you know it which is why you post such silly things!
              I have been here all along. But like most of us who have posted here for years I didn't like how negative toward the team (coaches are part of team) the Vermont threads had become. So I while I would read the posts I didn't feel like making any posts. Its true that I consider some of those here that have been under attack as friends and got tired of getting crap for standing up for them as anyone else would. Some people here seem to have an ax to grind or vendetta if you will with the school/coach and never fail to push that agenda even when things are going good with the team.

You want to know where I have been? In my seat every game supporting the team just as I have for over 35 years. I was at every game the year we only won 3 games and even went to several road games that year.

These threads used to be about talking about the team, flaming with the other teams and giving heat to bad officials. Now it has turned into a place where the negativity is directed more at the team its supposed to be supporting. I still talk UVM hockey as much as ever I just choose to do it at games or work and other places with those who don't seem to be more happy when bad things happen to the team. My section has had our share of these people over the years and we always celebrate when they stop showing up. So for those who say they are going to not show up to prove a point....you probably will make others around you very happy.
              Last edited by Cat lover; 03-28-2018, 03:53 PM.
              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

I have been here all along. But like most of us who have posted here for years I didn't like how negative toward the team (coaches are part of team) the Vermont threads had become. So I while I would read the posts I didn't feel like making any posts. Its true that I consider some of those here that have been under attack as friends and got tired of getting crap for standing up for them as anyone else would. Some people here seem to have an ax to grind or vendetta if you will with the school/coach and never fail to push that agenda even when things are going good with the team.

You want to know where I have been? In my seat every game supporting the team just as I have for over 35 years. I was at every game the year we only won 3 games and even went to several road games that year.

These threads used to be about talking about the team, flaming with the other teams and giving heat to bad officials. Now it has turned into a place where the negativity is directed more at the team its supposed to be supporting. I still talk UVM hockey as much as ever I just choose to do it at games or work and other places with those who don't seem to be more happy when bad things happen to the team. My section has had our share of these people over the years and we always celebrate when they stop showing up. So for those who say they are going to not show up to prove a point....you probably will make others around you very happy.
                +1

Comment

+2. It was easier to take when it was just Milos dad ranting and raving😱 I filled the void by talking UVM hockey with friends who include Ted and Coach Sneddon.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
                    +2. It was easier to take when it was just Milos dad ranting and raving😱 I filled the void by talking UVM hockey with friends who include Ted and Coach Sneddon.
                    I'll go +3 on this. Well said and I respect your opinions. I do, however, have a question for you guys. Do you leave open the possibility that some of us are also longtime fans and have valid concerns about the direction of the program, or lack thereof, and the guy who's responsible for leading it?

Let me start by saying I'm a longtime fan of college hockey, having grown up going to Dartmouth games. I've been a UVM fan since entering the school in1983, and have been there through good times and bad. I feel I also go out of my way to be respectful, even to fans of opposing teams.

I don't think Sneddon's a bad guy (I've never met him), but I do think the program's gotten stale and is basically spinning it's wheels. I'm not going to go into reasons, as they've already been talked about here ad nauseam. I think change can be good, not only for the school and the hockey program, but also for Sneddon himself. We're never gonna be BC or BU, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think we can have a consistently excellent program, something akin to Lowell. I also don't think we're crazy in our opinions. In fact, as you probably know, Sneddon was recently slammed by one of his own former players (Brady Shaw) who said he didn't think players were adequately developing under Sneddon. He's obviously not a crazy fan -- he's someone who's been on the inside and seen things for himself. In short, he's been there and done that.

Honestly, I wish you guys would post more, as it's good to have diversity of opinions. I actually look forward to seeing what you guys are thinking as I know you're fans of Sneddon. Anyway, hope you change your mind.

Comment

have fun singing kumbaya while watching the bad hockey. Hilarious you sit here and whine about the negativity sorry you feel that way but then sit here and insult everyone who is down on the program and are happy when fans who have the freedom to voice their opinion leave --- people are leaving because the team SUCKS, must be nice up there in your ivory tower!!! spare me! enjoy the extra legroom in the empty Gutt!!!

I agree with Texas Cat if you guys really sit there all these games and actually think everything is fine and there are no problems I got more questions about you than you seem to have all the answers

Also St Louis guy - cool name drop that supposed to make us feel lesser than you?

Fact that you wont even see the reason why so many fans are upset and take to saying people must not like me or any of us here because we are negative about the team shows you KNOW there is a big problem and are in denial!!!

Tell us why we should not be upset and don't tell us the same rattled off excuses your buddies Ted and Sneddon do because those do not hold water!!

PS - 25 year season ticket holder who also was there for the 3 win season so dont you dare use that as some excuse to make yourself feel better or put anyone down - some of us just believe Enough is enough!
                      Last edited by pokecheckguy2; 03-29-2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Who does not wanted better on ice play? Coming on here and *****ing changes exactly zip. I doubt anyone from the program even comes here anymore. Sad cuz I know they once did.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                          I'll go +3 on this. Well said and I respect your opinions. I do, however, have a question for you guys. Do you leave open the possibility that some of us are also longtime fans and have valid concerns about the direction of the program, or lack thereof, and the guy who's responsible for leading it?

Let me start by saying I'm a longtime fan of college hockey, having grown up going to Dartmouth games. I've been a UVM fan since entering the school in1983, and have been there through good times and bad. I feel
                          also go out of my way to be respectful, even to fans of opposing teams.

I don't think Sneddon's a bad guy (I've never met him), but I do think the program's gotten stale and is basically spinning it's wheels. I'm not going to go into reasons, as they've already been talked about here ad nauseam. I think change can be good, not only for the school and the hockey program, but also for Sneddon himself. We're never gonna be BC or BU, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think we can have a consistently excellent program, something akin to Lowell. I also don't think we're crazy in our opinions. In fact, as you probably know, Sneddon was recently slammed by one of his own former players (Brady Shaw) who said he didn't think players were adequately developing under Sneddon. He's obviously not a crazy fan -- he's someone who's been on the inside and seen things for himself. In short, he's been there and done that.

Honestly, I wish you guys would post more, as it's good to have diversity of opinions. I actually look forward to seeing what you guys are thinking as I know you're fans of Sneddon. Anyway, hope you change your mind.
                          I see it, just would rather talk to people who can influence better results, not nattering naybobs of negativity.
                          Last edited by Martin St. Louis Fan; 03-29-2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

I see it, just would rather talk to people who can influence better results, not nattering naybobs of negativity.
                            nice view from the ivory tower! you guys are funny hahah...who those influencers? Sneddon? yeah he's doing a bang up job at that and you can bet the bottom dollar he's sitting there telling all his supporters about all the struggles he has with recruiting and facilities and junior hockey and the league, and all that because that other influencer you talking about writes those excuses in the paper on the coach's behalf! believe it or not some of us know influencers too but some of us might not be full into the green kool aid!
                            Also the comment about people from the program reading here you think they don't? haha oh they do...employing double secret operations from lackies like ex school employees to try and find the identity of all us "nattering naybobs" so they can try and out people and ban them from game...Sneddon already tries to ban media who dare question the program - wonder what you think about that?

we all want the team to do well we just aren't in a cult that supports grand leader Sneddon or Schulman no matter what - ignorance is bliss as they say!! if that is how you want to be and then refuse to acknowledge the growing base because there are a lot more people fed up with the program than you think you clearly don't talk to enough people outside your own section well thats all fine and dandy but you do no favors coming in here once every blue moon to try and put people down then refuse to talk about why you're still supporting the sinking ship!

Us naybobs want to hear you!!

Comment

Here’s my biggest question. Why pay big money to be miserable? There must be cheaper ways. No one makes anyone attend hockey games, let along the ones who don’t like the product on the ice.

Comment

Here’s my biggest question. Why pay big money to be miserable? There must be cheaper ways. No one makes anyone attend hockey games, let along the ones who don’t like the product on the ice.
                                have you looked around the Gutt lately....lots of people are NOT paying big money because they do NOT want to support a bad product!

you also seem to think the only way someone can be a fan is if they are always positive that is also WRONG! if you want to be that way okay but if you cannot even respect people who do not and bring up very legitimaite and concerning issued about the UVM hockey team I do not know what to tell you! We are not miserable that is another insult from you! some of us are showing passion because we care and want more from the program and think that means a new coach!!

not sure what you've been watching but this team second worse behind Merrimack and everyone else is getting better and Merrimack got rid of their coach! you going to tell me that is okay or say I should have no concern? all you do is cjhalk up to we are miserable....wow! just wow!
                                Last edited by pokecheckguy2; 03-29-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X