Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Welp...with the (most likely) Jets win, we continue to wait....
    Could be another 2+ weeks, as Jets are now in 7-game series mode.

Comment

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Could be another 2+ weeks, as Jets are now in 7-game series mode.
      This past week was the World Select Festival, at which the top 03s participated. Three just committed yesterday, to BU, Providence and Notre Dame.
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

Just think of how impressive it will be when White tells a potential recruit that the team that he was a distant regional advance scout for lost to Vegas (they of the 1 year history) in the Western Conference Finals. He better bring extra pens on the road as the high end recruits will be burning them up signing their NLI's.

Comment

Originally posted by Whalers View Post
          Just think of how impressive it will be when White tells a potential recruit that the team that he was a distant regional advance scout for lost to Vegas (they of the 1 year history) in the Western Conference Finals. He better bring extra pens on the road as the high end recruits will be burning them up signing their NLI's.
          From all indications, UNH recruiting strategy does not hinge on impressing high end kids, but sifting through older kids to find good players and an occasional player hidden in a lesser market (Stutzle). The only young players they have recruited were Commesso and Stutzle. When Souza joined in 2015, they passed when the 00s started going, they sat out the 2001s, 2002s (except for Commesso, and somewhat later in the 02 cycle, Stutzle) and now the 03s are going. So White will be hoping his scouting eye is superior so they can pick the right middle- to- older players.

But before looking at the future, we do still need two defensemen for next year.
          Last edited by NCAA watcher; 05-11-2018, 10:06 AM.
          The Souza record:
          15-16 10th place
          16-17 10th place
          17-18 11th place
          18-19 8th place
          19-20 9th place
          20-21 10th place
          21-22 9th place
          22-23 10th place

Comment

DATELINE: Tucson AZ
            Friday, May 11, 2018

TO: Pascal Vincent; Marty Johnston; Eric Dubois
            CC: Mark Dobson; Mark Hillier

RE: Stars @ Roadrunners Game 5

Happy to see Paul and the boys advancing to the SC semis last night. It would have been nice to visit Nashville last month, as they are not on my usual circuit. The rest of the WJ advance scouting staff really did good work on that one. Hoping I get some consideration to spend some time in TB and/or DC to help the guys prep for the SCF.

I know you were pleased with my late season work with Grand Rapids, and although disappointed on a personal level not to get to finish my time in the organization with a trip to Nashville, Vegas or SJ, I did understand the decision to send me to Illinois, and hopefully you've found my work on the Icehogs helpful (despite the 1-3 quandary you we find ourselves in now). I'm building up an in-depth analysis of the Roadrunners and Stars, and hopefully you we will win out, and my work these last two weeks down South here will not prove to have been wasted. Thankfully, my future boss has been very patient and understanding, and I'm looking forward to a nice long vacation after the Jets Moose finish up their season with a huge Stanley Calder Cup victory.

Looking forward to the big parade in the 'Peg. Yours professionally,

MW
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              DATELINE: Tucson AZ
              Friday, May 11, 2018

TO: Pascal Vincent; Marty Johnston; Eric Dubois
              CC: Mark Dobson; Mark Hillier

RE: Stars @ Roadrunners Game 5

Happy to see Paul and the boys advancing to the SC semis last night. It would have been nice to visit Nashville last month, as they are not on my usual circuit. The rest of the WJ advance scouting staff really did good work on that one. Hoping I get some consideration to spend some time in TB and/or DC to help the guys prep for the SCF.

I know you were pleased with my late season work with Grand Rapids, and although disappointed on a personal level not to get to finish my time in the organization with a trip to Nashville, Vegas or SJ, I did understand the decision to send me to Illinois, and hopefully you've found my work on the Icehogs helpful (despite the 1-3 quandary you we find ourselves in now). I'm building up an in-depth analysis of the Roadrunners and Stars, and hopefully you we will win out, and my work these last two weeks down South here will not prove to have been wasted. Thankfully, my future boss has been very patient and understanding, and I'm looking forward to a nice long vacation after the Jets Moose finish up their season with a huge Stanley Calder Cup victory.

Looking forward to the big parade in the 'Peg. Yours professionally,

MW
              Excellent! Good to see that you have connections to memo leakers, Chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Excellent! Good to see that you have connections to memo leakers, Chuck.
                WIS moves in mysterious ways, Snively65. I suspect there may be more info on the way shortly ...

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                  From all indications, UNH recruiting strategy does not hinge on impressing high end kids, but sifting through older kids to find good players and an occasional player hidden in a lesser market (Stutzle). The only young players they have recruited were Commesso and Stutzle. When Souza joined in 2015, they passed when the 00s started going, they sat out the 2001s, 2002s (except for Commesso, and somewhat later in the 02 cycle, Stutzle) and now the 03s are going. So White will be hoping his scouting eye is superior so they can pick the right middle- to- older players.

But before looking at the future, we do still need two defensemen for next year.
                  Good call watcher. It is not for lack of trying. You are correct we surely could use another defensemen or two.

Comment

You know, speaking of being judged by results. Life occasionally reminds us that
                    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
                    I'll try to be less judgmental to others on the front line now, on to Taken, and as Liam says, Good Luck.
                    Last edited by NCAA watcher; 05-11-2018, 08:03 PM.
                    The Souza record:
                    15-16 10th place
                    16-17 10th place
                    17-18 11th place
                    18-19 8th place
                    19-20 9th place
                    20-21 10th place
                    21-22 9th place
                    22-23 10th place

Comment

Man, would I love to have seen how well good ol' TR would have gone over with current Generation Snowflake.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        Man, would I love to have seen how well good ol' TR would have gone over with current Generation Snowflake.
                        Um, feel foolish askin', but who is TR?
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                          Totally agree with you Chuck. However here is the rub. Elizabeth Warren, the patron saint of the entitled, lazy, whiny generation of which you speak claims that Teddy Roosevelt is her favorite president. However it seems to me he is the antithesis of Generation Deadbeat and you just know that if ol' TR was around today 'Liz would be railing against all he stands for.
                          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                            Totally agree with you Chuck. However here is the rub. Elizabeth Warren, the patron saint of the entitled, lazy, whiny generation of which you speak claims that Teddy Roosevelt is her favorite president. However it seems to me he is the antithesis of Generation Deadbeat and you just know that if ol' TR was around today 'Liz would be railing against all he stands for.
                            Ah...I see...
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                              She doesn't know her history then, which would not be a big surprise!

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/history/events/theodore-roosevelt-the-only-good-indians-are-the-dead-indians/
                              Last edited by e.cat; 05-12-2018, 10:59 AM.
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Of course not that important considering what else UNH needs but if UML's schedule is done ours must be pretty close. We play them once Early Nov then back to back March 1/2...

Ps can't understand what the big secret is about the schedule being released...harrumph. 🙄
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 05-12-2018, 06:51 PM.
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X