Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Well, BC, BU, NU, PC having a garden party next weekend. No, ME, UML (my how they have stumbled!) or UNH.

UNH was not good this year thats for sure. I think we'll see improvement next year from this years dismal performance. Will it be enough? Probably not!

Agree with Scott. Bring in an outsider at D also with strong recruiting connections.
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      Well, BC, BU, NU, PC having a garden party next weekend. No, ME, UML (my how they have stumbled!) or UNH.

UNH was not good this year thats for sure. I think we'll see improvement next year from this years dismal performance. Will it be enough? Probably not!

Agree with Scott. Bring in an outsider at D also with strong recruiting connections.
      Best Gahden party for us was (well, in my tenure as a fan anyway) was the '14 game when we beat PC 3-1. Returning the next year was good even tho we didn't make it to the title game losing to BU 4-1. BC/BU semi will be huge as one of them most likely has to win HE to get the autobid while the other 2 look (at this point) safe enough to get an NCAA bid. Kind of was hoping one of the outlier teams (UConn, UMass or UMaine) would be there this year just to break up the usual group. Just goes to show you how good teams find a way to win and bad teams, well..you know what happens there. No UML this year oh well....

I think everyone should face the fact that, and I could be wrong, that we are not going to have an 'outsider' to the UNH system as our new asst. coach. I don't know anymore than the rest of yas but that's just my inkling about it. (note: I didn't say you had to like it!!) Maybe it will be announced this week at the March 14 presser???
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-11-2018, 08:12 AM.
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
        Elle Purrier wins NCAA mile championship! Woohoo!!!!!! Hardware!!!
        So awesome!!! Richmond VT must be very proud!!! And yes...the Wildcats up in NH are thrilled!!! Woo!

https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...nish/32821339/
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Best Gahden party for us was (well, in my tenure as a fan anyway) was the '14 game when we beat PC 3-1. Returning the next year was good even tho we didn't make it to the title game losing to BU 4-1. BC/BU semi will be huge as one of them most likely has to win HE to get the autobid while the other 2 look (at this point) safe enough to get an NCAA bid. Kind of was hoping one of the outlier teams (UConn, UMass or UMaine) would be there this year just to break up the usual group. Just goes to show you how good teams find a way to win and bad teams, well..you know what happens there. No UML this year oh well....

I think everyone should face the fact that, and I could be wrong, that we are not going to have an 'outsider' to the UNH system as our new asst. coach. I don't know anymore than the rest of yas but that's just my inkling about it. (note: I didn't say you had to like it!!) Maybe it will be announced this week at the March 14 presser???
          Best garden party for me was the 2002 championship when UNH beat Maine 3-1. Sat in the rafters but it didn't matter since we won!

Yeah that BC/BU game should be a good one. NU will roll to championship and maybe even advance to the FF.

Comment

Best garden party for me was the 2002 championship when UNH beat Maine 3-1. Sat in the rafters but it didn't matter since we won!

Yeah that BC/BU game should be a good one. NU will roll to championship and maybe even advance to the FF.
            I'm with you on the NU win if that top line produces and their keeper er goalie (Primeau?) is hot. I hope I live long enough to see UNH win a HE championship!!!!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

I'm with you on the NU win if that top line produces and their keeper er goalie (Primeau?) is hot. I hope I live long enough to see UNH win a HE championship!!!!
              Hope so too

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyref View Post
                i'm with you on the nu win if that top line produces and their keeper er goalie :d (primeau?) is hot. I hope i live long enough to see unh win ANOTHER HE championship!!!!
                fyp. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  fyp. :-)
                  Haha touché
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Where's the love for Merrimack, e.cat?
                    Last edited by Snively65; 03-11-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Where's the love for Merrimack, e.cat?
                      Not to speak for e.cat but I watched that game and oh that OT goal was a killer on a turnover. Better team won I guess but at that point could have gone either way...
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Not to speak for e.cat but I watched that game and oh that OT goal was a killer on a turnover. Better team won I guess but at that point could have gone either way...
                        I was hoping for Merrimack, UMass-Flagship, Yukon, and Maine at da Gahden.

Comment

That was a great occasion, for sure. Maybe Steve Saviano's best game in a UNH jersey, and he couldn't have picked a better time for it. Winning the HE Tourney for the first against their main (Maine?) rival in front of a full house in Boston was nice, too. We were up in the upper level, a section or two away from the UMaine band. Still have a clear visual of UMaine d-man/captain Peter Metcalf just losing it at the end, realizing they'd actually lost. Of course, who knew that 3 weeks later, UMaine would get their revenge in St. Paul.

But still ... what a great night to be a UNH fan. Picking between the '79 ECAC tourney title win over Dartmouth at the old Garden (magic), the '02 HE Tourney win, and the '03 double OT win over BU to successfully defend their HE tourney title, is like trying to pick your favorite kid - you can't, they're all special, and for different reasons. I'm just thankful that I've been lucky enough to witness them all in person.
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

I was hoping for Merrimack, UMass-Flagship, Yukon, and Maine at da Gahden.
                            They'd have to move the games to the old Boston Arena (a/k/a Mathews Arena) to eliminate the empty seats.

I mean, UMaine would bring a solid haul, sure ... but probably more than those other 3 schools combined ...
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              That was a great occasion, for sure. Maybe Steve Saviano's best game in a UNH jersey, and he couldn't have picked a better time for it. Winning the HE Tourney for the first against their main (Maine?) rival in front of a full house in Boston was nice, too. We were up in the upper level, a section or two away from the UMaine band. Still have a clear visual of UMaine d-man/captain Peter Metcalf just losing it at the end, realizing they'd actually lost. Of course, who knew that 3 weeks later, UMaine would get their revenge in St. Paul.

But still ... what a great night to be a UNH fan. Picking between the '79 ECAC tourney title win over Dartmouth at the old Garden (magic), the '02 HE Tourney win, and the '03 double OT win over BU to successfully defend their HE tourney title, is like trying to pick your favorite kid - you can't, they're all special, and for different reasons. I'm just thankful that I've been lucky enough to witness them all in person.
                              Agree with everything you said. But the full house (and it was full - no phony baloney attendance numbers - ) is what makes them so special. I have no doubt that UNH will get back there someday, but I think the days of seeing full houses are gone. Just a different world now.
                              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                They'd have to move the games to the old Boston Arena (a/k/a Mathews Arena) to eliminate the empty seats.

I mean, UMaine would bring a solid haul, sure ... but probably more than those other 3 schools combined ...
                                Merrimack fans showed up at the Garden, and apparently had insider help blaring their (Black Hawks) goal song on the loud speakers several times as they pummeled the Wildcats in the semi's a few years ago. Quite the opposite and downer experience from '02 and '03.

Comment

Working...
                                X