Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1001

Thread: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

  1. #21
    Go 'cats!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,412

    Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    BU moved their Friday games to 7:30 for precisely that reason. Just saying...
    UNH did too and then moved them back to 7:00. Some were unhappy getting home a half hour later after the game.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    4,535

    Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Athletics and related income is important, but not at the top of the UNH value list. UNH emphasizes the student athlete, the whole person. Reread the Kevin Dean article.

    Couch Souza will make less annually than Coach Umile. He will not have a "life time contract", but UNH is loyal to coaches who conduct themselves and run their teams in a way that fits with the values of the University as a whole not just the values of the athletic department, win/loss or revenue results.

    I have zero inside knowledge, have never met Coach Souza, spoken briefly with Coach Umile only a handful of times, but my gut feel is that this has been Coach Umile's team for the past three seasons. Was Coach Souza involved more that the typical assistant coach? Probably, but it has been Coach Umile's team. Give Coach Souza a chance.
    Thanks for this perspective Darius! I agree; Souza deserves a chance. We have no idea how much influence he actually had, of course, the recruiting is one way to see something on an objective level. The rest? yeah, he ran the PP...You are right about the UNH perspective on the athlete. Anyway...October is a long way off and I'm wishing we were still playing.
    #NewEraCats

  3. #23
    Go 'cats!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,412

    Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Thanks for this perspective Darius! I agree; Souza deserves a chance. We have no idea how much influence he actually had, of course, the recruiting is one way to see something on an objective level. The rest? yeah, he ran the PP...You are right about the UNH perspective on the athlete. Anyway...October is a long way off and I'm wishing we were still playing.
    All last weekend I felt like something was missing.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    959

    Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

    A close friend and ex-teammate Alumni has been on me for a year or so that we have to get UNH back on top......his argument begins with” how can any recruit pick Lowell or Providence over UNH’s campus and location”.....while I understand his sentiments, unless Souza can bring in 4 or 5 top guns, it will be a few years, if at all for us to climb back up.....my question back to him his why do I feel that no one in Admin. is as passionate about UNH hockey (both programs) as the fans? As has been noted here, let’s see who is chosen as assistant and go from there.....I do hope Stewy stays with the program! He’s a quality guy who loves UNH and deserves a shot in the new regime......
    On chickod’s attendance thoughts, I agree with all he said......I couldn’t believe how empty last year’s HE semis and final were! If the rest of the league’s attendance has dropped off as drastically as UNH, is this also true for the other leagues? Are there to many options available via online and tv? I know on the women’s side, with the games being shown on either espn3 or YouTube, it has affected my rush to the Whitt.......not sure how schools get the paying fan back into the building without having a winning program......

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,698

    Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

    Quote Originally Posted by zoofer View Post
    A close friend and ex-teammate Alumni has been on me for a year or so that we have to get UNH back on top......his argument begins with” how can any recruit pick Lowell or Providence over UNH’s campus and location”.....while I understand his sentiments, unless Souza can bring in 4 or 5 top guns, it will be a few years, if at all for us to climb back up.....my question back to him his why do I feel that no one in Admin. is as passionate about UNH hockey (both programs) as the fans? As has been noted here, let’s see who is chosen as assistant and go from there.....I do hope Stewy stays with the program! He’s a quality guy who loves UNH and deserves a shot in the new regime......
    On chickod’s attendance thoughts, I agree with all he said......I couldn’t believe how empty last year’s HE semis and final were! If the rest of the league’s attendance has dropped off as drastically as UNH, is this also true for the other leagues? Are there to many options available via online and tv? I know on the women’s side, with the games being shown on either espn3 or YouTube, it has affected my rush to the Whitt.......not sure how schools get the paying fan back into the building without having a winning program......
    The league needs Unh and Maine great. We will get there. But who wants to see providence vs NU. Souza will turn it around I am sure. Imagine a day when we are great again and Guite and Souza battle in a coaching regard?

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    l'etat de granit
    Posts
    860

    Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

    Elle Purrier wins NCAA mile championship! Woohoo!!!!!! Hardware!!!

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerman View Post
    Elle Purrier wins NCAA mile championship! Woohoo!!!!!! Hardware!!!
    What an amazing win! Congrats to her. Take notice UNH coaches. It is possible to land elite athletes.

  8. #28
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NO SPIN ZONE!!! Kennebunkport, Me
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerman View Post
    Elle Purrier wins NCAA mile championship! Woohoo!!!!!! Hardware!!!
    What an amazing career she's had at UNH!

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    5,635

    Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

    So, Elle joins the women's 1995 lacrosse and the women's 1998 ice hockey teams. Any others, individuals or teams?

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    4,535

    Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    So, Elle joins the women's 1985 lacrosse and the women's 1998 ice hockey teams. Any others, individuals or teams?
    Fixed your post!
    #NewEraCats

  11. #31
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NO SPIN ZONE!!! Kennebunkport, Me
    Posts
    3,879

    Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

    Well, BC, BU, NU, PC having a garden party next weekend. No, ME, UML (my how they have stumbled!) or UNH.

    UNH was not good this year thats for sure. I think we'll see improvement next year from this years dismal performance. Will it be enough? Probably not!

    Agree with Scott. Bring in an outsider at D also with strong recruiting connections.

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    4,535

    Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

    Quote Originally Posted by e.cat View Post
    Well, BC, BU, NU, PC having a garden party next weekend. No, ME, UML (my how they have stumbled!) or UNH.

    UNH was not good this year thats for sure. I think we'll see improvement next year from this years dismal performance. Will it be enough? Probably not!

    Agree with Scott. Bring in an outsider at D also with strong recruiting connections.
    Best Gahden party for us was (well, in my tenure as a fan anyway) was the '14 game when we beat PC 3-1. Returning the next year was good even tho we didn't make it to the title game losing to BU 4-1. BC/BU semi will be huge as one of them most likely has to win HE to get the autobid while the other 2 look (at this point) safe enough to get an NCAA bid. Kind of was hoping one of the outlier teams (UConn, UMass or UMaine) would be there this year just to break up the usual group. Just goes to show you how good teams find a way to win and bad teams, well..you know what happens there. No UML this year oh well....

    I think everyone should face the fact that, and I could be wrong, that we are not going to have an 'outsider' to the UNH system as our new asst. coach. I don't know anymore than the rest of yas but that's just my inkling about it. (note: I didn't say you had to like it!!) Maybe it will be announced this week at the March 14 presser???
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-11-2018 at 08:12 AM.
    #NewEraCats

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    4,535

    Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerman View Post
    Elle Purrier wins NCAA mile championship! Woohoo!!!!!! Hardware!!!
    So awesome!!! Richmond VT must be very proud!!! And yes...the Wildcats up in NH are thrilled!!! Woo!

    https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...nish/32821339/
    #NewEraCats

  14. #34
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NO SPIN ZONE!!! Kennebunkport, Me
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Best Gahden party for us was (well, in my tenure as a fan anyway) was the '14 game when we beat PC 3-1. Returning the next year was good even tho we didn't make it to the title game losing to BU 4-1. BC/BU semi will be huge as one of them most likely has to win HE to get the autobid while the other 2 look (at this point) safe enough to get an NCAA bid. Kind of was hoping one of the outlier teams (UConn, UMass or UMaine) would be there this year just to break up the usual group. Just goes to show you how good teams find a way to win and bad teams, well..you know what happens there. No UML this year oh well....

    I think everyone should face the fact that, and I could be wrong, that we are not going to have an 'outsider' to the UNH system as our new asst. coach. I don't know anymore than the rest of yas but that's just my inkling about it. (note: I didn't say you had to like it!!) Maybe it will be announced this week at the March 14 presser???
    Best garden party for me was the 2002 championship when UNH beat Maine 3-1. Sat in the rafters but it didn't matter since we won!

    Yeah that BC/BU game should be a good one. NU will roll to championship and maybe even advance to the FF.

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    4,535

    Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

    Quote Originally Posted by e.cat View Post
    Best garden party for me was the 2002 championship when UNH beat Maine 3-1. Sat in the rafters but it didn't matter since we won!

    Yeah that BC/BU game should be a good one. NU will roll to championship and maybe even advance to the FF.
    I'm with you on the NU win if that top line produces and their keeper er goalie (Primeau?) is hot. I hope I live long enough to see UNH win a HE championship!!!!
    #NewEraCats

  16. #36
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NO SPIN ZONE!!! Kennebunkport, Me
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    I'm with you on the NU win if that top line produces and their keeper er goalie (Primeau?) is hot. I hope I live long enough to see UNH win a HE championship!!!!
    Hope so too

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    5,635
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyref View Post
    i'm with you on the nu win if that top line produces and their keeper er goalie :d (primeau?) is hot. I hope i live long enough to see unh win ANOTHER HE championship!!!!
    fyp. :-)

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    4,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    fyp. :-)
    Haha touché

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    5,635
    Quote Originally Posted by e.cat View Post
    Well, BC, BU, NU, PC having a garden party next weekend. No, ME, UML (my how they have stumbled!) or UNH.

    UNH was not good this year thats for sure. I think we'll see improvement next year from this years dismal performance. Will it be enough? Probably not!

    Agree with Scott. Bring in an outsider at D also with strong recruiting connections.
    Where's the love for Merrimack, e.cat?
    Last edited by Snively65; 03-11-2018 at 09:54 AM.

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    4,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Where's the love for Merrimack, e.cat?
    Not to speak for e.cat but I watched that game and oh that OT goal was a killer on a turnover. Better team won I guess but at that point could have gone either way...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •