Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JB View Post
    Don't you all see it... No 2nd assistant, less cost. BS is banking some coin to cover spending last year... Since the team didn't bring in enough revenue. Budget year doesn't end till June 30.
    So, new AC will be announced on Sunday, 1July?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      So, new AC will be announced on Sunday, 1July?
      Waiting till August 1st allows you to bank a month of saving against the next budget. What is the rush, nothing to see here, we don't need a sense of urgency...
      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Waiting till August 1st allows you to bank a month of saving against the next budget. What is the rush, nothing to see here, we don't need a sense of urgency...
        1 August does not leave much time to learn all of the plays, especially the 5 on 3 PP.

Comment

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Could be some truth to the July 1 budget thing. Being a state org that's when the new fiscal year starts, if, I have my info correct. Still, it would be great for fans to get some inkling of what's going on there. Serious fans do care about such things...and, even in the off season, look for any and all news about their teams. Well, it will come I suppose. We've waited this long
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
            Don't you all see it... No 2nd assistant, less cost. BS is banking some coin to cover spending last year... Since the team didn't bring in enough revenue. Budget year doesn't end till June 30.
            That's the kind of high quality experience and leadership that will lead this program out of the woods … and further down into the weeds. Sad thing is, I can't dispute that you may very well be right, JB.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

While it may play out that way, and makes for some really good red meat for the conspiracy theorists amongst us, there is one empirical counter argument against it.

Jim Dean, the new president, is effective July 1st. Not only was his hiring announced a while back but he has actively been engaging the faculty, staff, Foundation Board members, trustees, etc.

Perhaps “going to work” vs. “getting engaged” is the rub here, so I’ll hand you that.
              Last edited by wildcatdc; 06-20-2018, 03:36 PM.
              Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

By the way, I heard from a pretty high-ranking person that “Souza doesn’t intend to pick captains until September”. The way it was said, it also sounds like we might see a break from the long-standing tradition of letting the team pick the captain. Which I think we’d all agree would be a positive step. Time will tell
                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                  By the way, I heard from a pretty high-ranking person that “Souza doesn’t intend to pick captains until September”. The way it was said, it also sounds like we might see a break from the long-standing tradition of letting the team pick the captain. Which I think we’d all agree would be a positive step. Time will tell
                  Good to see ya here sir! I've heard that "changes are coming" and this may be one of many.
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 06-20-2018, 04:12 PM.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Rumor is that Paul Pearl is leaving his AC position at Harvard for same position at BU, so there is another name to scratch off Souza's list.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                      I wouldn't blame him in the least, on either issue. It's not like anyone from last year's team made a watertight case on their own behalf to be honored as captain, so make 'em earn it in the preseason. And yes, for god's sake, please PLEASE don't let the players pick. That's churned up some questionable selections in recent seasons. Now, let's get the assistant coach sorted, and get this show on the road.
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Schedule gradually filling in as other schools release; UVM playing at the Whitt on October 27th.

Comment

2018-19 incoming freshman class officially announced:
                          http://www.unhwildcats.com/news/2018...man-class.aspx

Forwards:
                          Joey Cipollone
                          Angus Crookshank
                          Eric Esposito
                          Filip Engarås
                          Jackson Pierson

Defense:
                          Drew Hickey
                          Will MacKinnon
                          Ryan Verrier

Goalie:
                          Ty Taylor
                          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post

Forwards:
                            Joey Cipollone
                            Angus Crookshank
                            Eric Esposito
                            Filip Engarås
                            Jackson Pierson

Defense:
                            Drew Hickey
                            Will MacKinnon
                            Ryan Verrier

Goalie:
                            Ty Taylor
                            Drew Hickey is he the newest Dman? I see on the roster that makes 8..did I miss something in the whirl of getting school done? EDIT: yep just announced today welcome Drew!!
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 06-21-2018, 02:02 PM.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post

Forwards:
                              Joey Cipollone
                              Angus Crookshank
                              Eric Esposito
                              Filip Engarås
                              Jackson Pierson

Defense:
                              Drew Hickey
                              Will MacKinnon
                              Ryan Verrier

Goalie:
                              Ty Taylor
                              Pretty sure UVM has a Joey Cipollone coming in this year as well.

This is going to get confusing.
                              https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                                Pretty sure UVM has a Joey Cipollone coming in this year as well.

This is going to get confusing.
                                From the Tri City Storm Roster Personal Information on #14 Joe Cipillone (DOB 1999)

"First cousin “Joe Cipollone” (born 1997) won the Clark Cup with Tri-City in 2015-16. The families are next-door neighbors in Purchase, New York. Younger “Cip”, acknowledges they get mixed up all the time."

Comment

Working...
                                X