Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Um, feel foolish askin', but who is TR?
    I think that they meant TvR (left out 'v'), as this is a UNH hockey thread.

Comment

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Reading political opinions on this forum makes me want to throw up. As one who has two degrees in political science and has opinions galore, I ask that we stick to hockey here. Okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
        Jets lose you find out if White’s your man
        Jets looked like they want to make the final series for the LSC in their win over the Knights last knight. Could be a long wait to learn if MW is da guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
          Reading political opinions on this forum makes me want to throw up. As one who has two degrees in political science and has opinions galore, I ask that we stick to hockey here. Okay?
          👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Comment

• Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
            👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
            There must be a hidden message with the number of thumbs up in this post, and it is not the number of days until the puck drops for the upcoming Souzacats season. Hmmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              There must be a hidden message with the number of thumbs up in this post, and it is not the number of days until the puck drops for the upcoming Souzacats season. Hmmm.
              If you look closely you can see the initials of the new Assistant Coach...😉
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                Jeez, Greg, why so tense? 'Watcher took a relevant quote from one of our most esteemed Presidents (he's up on Rushmore the last time I checked), I made an open ended comment, and some folks threw in their feedback. There's not exactly a lot of relevant UNH hockey content emanating from Durham these days. No recruiting news, no captain selections, no announcement of the new assistant coach. Should we be discussing the pros and cons of a new paint job on the visitor's locker room, or tuning up one or both of the Zambonis?? Just asking ...
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  Jeez, Greg, why so tense? 'Watcher took a relevant quote from one of our most esteemed Presidents (he's up on Rushmore the last time I checked), I made an open ended comment, and some folks threw in their feedback. There's not exactly a lot of relevant UNH hockey content emanating from Durham these days. No recruiting news, no captain selections, no announcement of the new assistant coach. Should we be discussing the pros and cons of a new paint job on the visitor's locker room, or tuning up one or both of the Zambonis?? Just asking ...
                  Speaking of Zambonis, Milan Hejduk's house in Parker, Colorado, includes a full-size rink and a Zamboni, and is on sale for $5.2 million. :-)

Comment

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had a UNH official game puck that they would be willing to sell to me or trade for another school's puck. I have one from every other Division 1 Hockey team so I am trying to finish up my collection. Thanks in advance!

Comment

I guess Greg got his wish for hockey-only content with that last one.
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMo16 View Post
                        Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had a UNH official game puck that they would be willing to sell to me or trade for another school's puck. I have one from every other Division 1 Hockey team so I am trying to finish up my collection. Thanks in advance!
                        What vintage? I might have an extra one from the early 1960's.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyMo16 View Post
                          Bob
                          Get me your contact info and i can probably help you with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Wyse - Maass
                            Gildon - MacKinnon
                            Boyd - Verrier/Dawson

Development of their returning (and now upperclass) forwards and immediate contributions from Crookshank and Engaras are the keys to a successful season in Souza's first year. In the old days, USCHO posters used to predict scoring output for the UNH roster pre-season. Scoring 45 more goals this season is probably too much to ask - but closing that gap is certainly more feasible than it was yesterday. Can they manage an extra 25-30 goals this season - and be a serviceable offensive group this year? Where do they come from? Best case scenario, their 2018-19 top six looks something like this (last season goals in parenthesis)...

BVR (5) - Blackburn (11) - Grasso (2)
                            Crookshank (0) - Engaras (0) - Kelleher (4)

Those are their six most-skilled players - though Nazarian and his 9 goals may find their way into the top-six. I think growing this group of six is their best bet for long-term production both this season and beyond. Nazarian - Vela - MacAdams gives them a nice depth scoring line and a buzzing line that can forecheck and defend. On the fourth-line, Id rather see the youth play (Esposito - Cippolone/Pierson - Fregona) than the limited upperclassmen...
                            Fr.Crookshank---Sr.Vela -----Jr.Grasso
                            Sr.Nazarian-----Jr.Blackburn---------So.Kelleher
                            Jr.BVR-----Fr.Engaras-----So.MacAdams
                            Fr.Pierson---Sr.Miller-------Fr.Esposito
                            Jr.Fregona------Sr.Cefalu---So.Sato
                            Jr.Sacco---Fr.Cipollone

So.Gildon----Jr.Wyse
                            So.Maass---Fr.MacKinnon
                            Sr.Boyd-----Fr.Verrier
                            Sr.Dawson

Fr.Taylor---So.Robinson----Jr.Lazzaro
                            The Souza record:
                            15-16 10th place
                            16-17 10th place
                            17-18 11th place
                            18-19 8th place
                            19-20 9th place
                            20-21 10th place
                            21-22 9th place
                            22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                              Fr.Crookshank---Sr.Vela -----Jr.Grasso
                              Sr.Nazarian-----Jr.Blackburn---------So.Kelleher
                              Jr.BVR-----Fr.Engaras-----So.MacAdams
                              Fr.Pierson---Sr.Miller-------Fr.Esposito
                              Jr.Fregona------Sr.Cefalu---So.Sato
                              Jr.Sacco---Fr.Cipollone

So.Gildon----Jr.Wyse
                              So.Maass---Fr.MacKinnon
                              Sr.Boyd-----Fr.Verrier
                              Sr.Dawson

Fr.Taylor---So.Robinson----Jr.Lazzaro
                              Watcher, have to say that I like your projection of possible lineups for October. I have it a bit different based on 2 longstanding UNH traditions. Playing seniors up a line or two and not starting freshmen in top 6 early in the season. I see your projected lineup starting in November or December.
                              Here is my take:
                              Nazarian -- Vela -- Grasso
                              Kels -- Blackburn -- Mac Adams
                              BVR -- Engaras -- Crookshank
                              Sato -- Miller -- Esposito

Wyse -- Maass
                              Gildon -- MacKennon
                              Boyd -- Verrier

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Of course not that important considering what else UNH needs but if UML's schedule is done ours must be pretty close. We play them once Early Nov then back to back March 1/2...

Ps can't understand what the big secret is about the schedule being released...harrumph. 🙄
                                UNH at Colorado College October 19 & 20.

https://cctigers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhock

Comment

Working...
                                X