Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
    WOW Snively!
    I don't have a clue, and I guess I now don't care. It appears to be a choice that comes with the passing of years. Someone will (hopefully) come along and tell us what it says/means.
    As in Robert Crum's Mr. Natural character?

Edit: Oops, could not get link to work, but you can google.
    Last edited by Snively65; 09-06-2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Captains anyone???? Maybe too early but curious when and who...
      My guess: Vela (C) Nazarian/Miller (A’s)

Ps Was at the ‘Whitt watching FH (Iowa in town) and peeked in to the arena nice to see the ice!!!
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 09-09-2018, 06:52 PM.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

If there are any REALLY long time UNH fans on here there is some ancient video on the RPI thread from 1974 that you might like.post 343

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
          If there are any REALLY long time UNH fans on here there is some ancient video on the RPI thread from 1974 that you might like.post 343
          Most of us have seen this many, many times … but '74 C-H-C, just never gets old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUEHAUJsKDE
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Just read Dan Winnik is trying out for the B’s!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Just read Dan Winnik is trying out for the B’s!!
              Would be Winnik's eighth NHL team and 12th NHL season.

What is over/under on him catching Rod Langway's 15 NHL seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Would be Winnik's eighth NHL team and 12th NHL season.

What is over/under on him catching Rod Langway's 15 NHL seasons?
                Solidly under. The two players don't even belong in the same discussion, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Captains anyone???? Maybe too early but curious when and who...
                  My guess: Vela (C) Nazarian/Miller (A’s)

Ps Was at the ‘Whitt watching FH (Iowa in town) and peeked in to the arena nice to see the ice!!!
                  I'll play.
                  Vela (C)
                  Miller, Nazarian and Boyd all with an (A).

Comment

Not picking on anyone here … but I'm honestly amazed at how many folks seem to perceive one of the most disappointing players in recent UNH history to be the front-runner for the "C" this season.

Admittedly, there's no clear-cut, no-doubt candidate among the returning upperclassmen.

That being so, I'll take this one off the board, so put me down for either/both Maass and/or Gildon.

Comment

Do we think that the players will continue to pick the captain and co-captains?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        Solidly under. The two players don't even belong in the same discussion, to be honest.
                        You are probably right, Chuck; different positions and different eras. :-)

Comment

Did we ever know that to be true? Honestly have no idea..

Comment

You are probably right, Chuck; different positions and different eras. :-)
                            More than that, Langway was an elite talent, while Winnik has been a journeyman grinder.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Did we ever know that to be true? Honestly have no idea..
                              Ii think the idea players chose captains under Coach Umile is based on reliable sources on this forum.

Having said that, I hope Coach Souza retains the right to make these choices. And I truly hope he decides to change things up and pick an underclassman like Gildon and/or Maass. There's a decent argument to be had, those are your two best returning players, and they probably got more ice time than anyone else (except Tirone) last season. Furthermore, all the seniors and juniors have been part of the worst three-season stretch in the program's history since the mid-1980's. No one in that group stands out (at least not to me), and giving someone in that group the honor of being a "C" would lessen the honor - if indeed there is even "honor" for something that's been handled out too often in recent years like a cheap token to fringe players who spent most of their years as underclassmen wondering if they would even be dressing for the next game.

Seeing how Coach Souza handles this will be interesting. I like that he hasn't already made decision(s).

Comment

With the hockey season getting up and running I figure it is time to get involved with the forum. In regard to the conversation on captains I would like to bring up Anthony Wyse. I did not see his name mentioned earlier, but I feel he will be one of the captains this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X