Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Where is Ryan Donato?
    They don't think he has the experience but at this point put him in I say. They have been chasing the game down 2 zip quickly...hmmm we all know what a recipe for disaster THAT is....🙄
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Random observations ('cuz that's what we do in the offseason on here, isn't it?):

Best of luck to Rich Boyd in his ongoing battle with Crohn's disease.

Glad to see Chanter won't have to rely on a future career in hockey. "Foxhole Productions" anyone?

Souza's desk is looking a little too bare for my liking, for a guy facing a humongous challenge in his new job.
      Never trust anyone with a clean desk top, I say.

Comment

• Sign professional contract with SaiPa in Finnish league Liiga

Wonder if after a year or 2 USHL many, prefer their professional career to be back home in Europe to getting an American college education. Virtanen was looked at by college teams so also possible issues with clearinghouse to overcome or passing TOEFL
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
          Sign professional contract with SaiPa in Finnish league Liiga

Wonder if after a year or 2 USHL many, prefer their professional career to be back home in Europe to getting an American college education. Virtanen was looked at by college teams so also possible issues with clearinghouse to overcome or passing TOEFL
          Compare with 2001-2002 when UML had three players from France who had the Ospreys in HEA first place until the Olympics when the three missed a few games to skate on their Olympic team.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            They don't think he has the experience but at this point put him in I say. They have been chasing the game down 2 zip quickly...hmmm we all know what a recipe for disaster THAT is....🙄
            Dejavu all over again, despite Gionta and Donato in the lineup. I do not like to complain about zebras, but.......

Comment

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Happy Cinco de Mayo, folks ... have fun, and be sure to appropriate someone else's culture today!!!
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Dejavu all over again, despite Gionta and Donato in the lineup. I do not like to complain about zebras, but.......
                Bruins really aren't 'built' for the playoffs, I read this and heartily agree. McAvoy/Chara is a great pair but Mc's inexperience, coupled with Chara's limitations (age, etc) are an issue. Only one decent line. They should've won last night, tho, and I'm in agreement that the officiating (on both sides) has reeked. And, I'm not a Marchand fan when he acts like he did last night and just about any other night he's doing his 'antics'. As an official (not hockey mind you) I know full well what it's like to have a player's 'number' and of course, they have his. He (and the rest of the Bruins) are NOT going to get that call when officials have had enough. It happens in all competitive sports and not just in the pro's. I'm not saying it's ok but you are not going to be cut any slack. That's the least of the Bruins problems, tho. What ails you all season comes to fruition in the playoffs. Pretty much how I see it...

Too bad really but hey, you reap what you sew as they say... With Krug most likely out with his ankle injury, I doubt they will get back to Boston. Tuukka can stand on his head all he wants/can but it's not going to be enough. Oh well. Preparing to follow root for another team, kind of like the Knights or Winnipeg (anybody but the Pens)....

On another note appreciated the hand written note I got today from a UNH player thanking us for being STH's . I realize it's what they are 'supposed to do' but it was a nice touch. Usually they phone so this was a new approach (unless I missed it last year?). Makes a difference...at least to us!
                Last edited by HockeyRef; 05-05-2018, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Saturday night jazz for UNH hockey fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epRXoS_P0lk

Comment

Jets-Predators game 7 tonight.

Review question, for 2 points: why does that game matter here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Jets-Predators game 7 tonight.

Review question, for 2 points: why does that game matter here?
                      Uh something to do with Hellebuyck?

Comment

Uh something to do with Hellebuyck?
                        Jets lose you find out if White’s your man
                        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                          Jets lose you find out if White’s your man
                          Ah! That's the most probable answer!

Comment

Ah! That's the most probable answer!
                            Bingo. Cannot slip anything by cav. :-)

Comment

Huntsville just released their schedule, and we ain't on it, but NU and UVM are (Catamount Classic). Why cannot we have a Wildcat Classic?
                              Last edited by Snively65; 05-10-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Welp...with the (most likely) Jets win, we continue to wait....
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 05-10-2018, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X