Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    I have missed the at-times non-PC, golf course saga, bloody episodes and all, from last year's off-season thread. :-)
    Worry not, Snively - lots more so-called "toxic masculinity" to follow in the coming weeks!!

In the meantime … a little bit of foreshadowing of things to come ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnuq9PXbywA

WIS Video Trivia Quiz for Labor Day Weekend (or, a cheap excuse to link an ELP video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2zurZig4L8

(1) Who was the undisputed "star of the show" at this venue only six months earlier?
    (2) True or False - @ the 8:40 mark, that's none other than Guy Lafleur in the background?
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

(1) Who was the undisputed "star of the show" at this venue only six months earlier?
      Last name is Jenner, using first name might offend somebody
      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Worry not, Snively - lots more so-called "toxic masculinity" to follow in the coming weeks!!

In the meantime … a little bit of foreshadowing of things to come ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnuq9PXbywA

WIS Video Trivia Quiz for Labor Day Weekend (or, a cheap excuse to link an ELP video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2zurZig4L8

(2) True or False - @ the 8:40 mark, that's none other than Guy Lafleur in the background?
        Need to view on a larger screen to determine if that is Guy Lefleur at the 8:40 mark, eh?

Still have their first three albums in vinyl, I think; but really glad that Aaron Copland allowed them to include Fanfare in their Works Volume 1, my favorite.

R.I.P., Keith and Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
          Last name is Jenner, using first name might offend somebody
          Bingo. Yes, Bruce Jenner, 1976 Men's Decathlon gold medalist (during his first 15 minutes of fame).

Need to view on a larger screen to determine if that is Guy Lefleur at the 8:40 mark, eh?

Still have their first three albums in vinyl, I think; but really glad that Aaron Copland allowed them to include Fanfare in their Works Volume 1, my favorite.

R.I.P., Keith and Greg.
          Huge fan of Works Volume One (but much less so of Works Volume Two). Don't forget Snively, Emerson got the OK to use Copland's "Hoedown" on the Trilogy album, in which KE may well have set the world's land speed record for keyboard dexterity. Back in the day, they used to open their shows with that piece, which was a great way (as KE would often explain) to "warm up" for the rest of the "show that never ends". Here's a link, with Emerson in vintage "Tarkus" armadillo gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7F9t0QWhPA

Comment

I was not around Durham much from 1972 to 1981; were any ELP tunes part of UNH pre-game music at Snively? I remember Santana tracks.

Meanwhile, is UNH football coming down the ladder to join hockey in the doldrums, while UNH women's soccer is apparently starting off the season on an upswing?

Comment

I was not around Durham much from 1972 to 1981; were any ELP tunes part of UNH pre-game music at Snively? I remember Santana tracks.

Meanwhile, is UNH football coming down the ladder to join hockey in the doldrums, while UNH women's soccer is apparently starting off the season on an upswing?
              Yes

Comment

http://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/UM...492148581.html

Comment

Don't remember any ELP tracks "back in the day", Snively. And if there were any, I'd definitely remember.

Coach McDonnell has earned the right to have a few bad games, here and there. He's usually gotten the better of the UMaine rivalry during his tenure, and I'm sure he will use this past weekend's drubbing in the opener to get his guys' attention. Let's see how they respond in the coming weeks before we hit the panic button. It's hardly the first time he's lost a season opener.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Don't remember any ELP tracks "back in the day", Snively. And if there were any, I'd definitely remember.

Coach McDonnell has earned the right to have a few bad games, here and there. He's usually gotten the better of the UMaine rivalry during his tenure, and I'm sure he will use this past weekend's drubbing in the opener to get his guys' attention. Let's see how they respond in the coming weeks before we hit the panic button. It's hardly the first time he's lost a season opener.
                    Oh, I agree; football has been king at UNH the past decade, along with renovated stadium and the librarian's $1 mil scoreboard and all, and UNH had beaten Maine eight straight seasons before this past weekend, I think.

But, it was the UNH women's soccer team that grabbed my attention, with their first win over a PAC-8 team, if I heard that correctly?

Comment

Apparently today was the first day of on ice practice!
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Check out @UNHMHOCKEY’s Tweet: https://***********/UNHMHOCKEY/statu...111717379?s=09

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                          Okay, I need help here. Over the years I had come to believe a couple of things to be true.
                          1. Early practices (often noted as "captain's practices" where held once all returned to campus. They were informal in that they were organized and run by captains or seniors and did not have hands on coaching input.
                          2. 2 weeks prior to the first game, coaches ran the practices and the "season" had officially begun. A reason I thought exhibition games were so important. Short touches and no real game situations.
                          It his tweet, Mike shows what looks like MS diagramming on a whiteboard for the team?
                          So...have I missed something all these years?

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                            Okay, I need help here. Over the years I had come to believe a couple of things to be true.
                            1. Early practices (often noted as "captain's practices" where held once all returned to campus. They were informal in that they were organized and run by captains or seniors and did not have hands on coaching input.
                            2. 2 weeks prior to the first game, coaches ran the practices and the "season" had officially begun. A reason I thought exhibition games were so important. Short touches and no real game situations.
                            It his tweet, Mike shows what looks like MS diagramming on a whiteboard for the team?
                            Date of first allowed official practice with coaches is complicated, as determined by counting units based on the first day of classes and the first scheduled game, and more. Definitely too complex to determine for my small brain. See NCAA Rule 17.02.13.

Comment

Date of first allowed official practice with coaches is complicated, as determined by counting units based on the first day of classes and the first scheduled game, and more. Definitely too complex to determine for my small brain. See NCAA Rule 17.02.13.
                              WOW Snively!
                              I don't have a clue, and I guess I now don't care. It appears to be a choice that comes with the passing of years. Someone will (hopefully) come along and tell us what it says/means.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                                I don't recall on ice practices, with coaches, this early unless they were "captains practices" as you mention.

It seems like everything has gotten much more complicated these days as Sively65 point out!

Comment

Working...
                                X