Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

So, even Dan is an Under on the 14.5 wins contest. I am still an Over with 15 wins, although I have no idea when or against whom those wins will come. Of course, if Souza buries Crookshank and Engarad on the third or fourth lines, and plays Nazarian and Vela on either of the top two lines and either of the top two PP units, I will join Chuck and Dan on the Under.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      So, even Dan is an Under on the 14.5 wins contest. I am still an Over with 15 wins, although I have no idea when or against whom those wins will come. Of course, if Souza buries Crookshank and Engarad on the third or fourth lines, and plays Nazarian and Vela on either of the top two lines and either of the top two PP units, I will join Chuck and Dan on the Under.
      Vela and Nazarian don’t belong on those top two lines? And Chuck..thanks for the Goumas nod finally a player in my “era” lol...We could use a few more Kevin G’s if you ask me 😉
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 07-05-2018, 05:59 PM.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Well, could be he's waiting for the goalie to move side across and isn't five holing it in favor of top shelf.

Be patient. He's a killer goal scorer. You will do fine.

Comment

TvR signed a 2 year contract with the ‘Canes worth 4.6 mil. Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Vela and Nazarian don’t belong on those top two lines? And Chuck..thanks for the Goumas nod finally a player in my “era” lol...We could use a few more Kevin G’s if you ask me 😉
            Neither one of them has been able to put the puck in the net the past three years, which I believe should be the primary objective of forwards in hockey. I am ok with them rotating in as a checking line against the opponents' top line, kinda like our seniors during the first half of the season two years ago, before one of them went down with a career-ending injury. But, I definitely do not want to see them on the PP.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Neither one of them has been able to put the puck in the net the past three years, which I believe should be the primary objective of forwards in hockey. I am ok with them rotating in as a checking line against the opponents' top line, kinda like our seniors during the first half of the season two years ago, before one of them went down with a career-ending injury. But, I definitely do not want to see them on the PP.

Sad fact of the matter is, Nazarian is the top returning scorer up front next season. At least you can say that he's not a big disappointment, unlike Vela who may be the single most underachieving forward UNH has brought in over the last decade. And I'm thinking that's a list dotted with fairly high-profile names.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Both will be on the PP with Vela centering. Grasso, Blackburn, Gildon are my guesses initially. Crookshank amd Engaras are top contenders as well but I don’t expect to see them immediately there...haha as if I have a clue! So then who fills out your PP?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  Sad fact of the matter is, Nazarian is the top returning scorer up front next season. At least you can say that he's not a big disappointment, unlike Vela who may be the single most underachieving forward UNH has brought in over the last decade. And I'm thinking that's a list dotted with fairly high-profile names.
                  Vela has GOT to step up big this season and most importantly stay outta the box!! 🙄

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Whoa Ref,
                    Strong words from you. Who do you see on top 6? It is hard for me to not see both of them up there at the start anyway. By mid November we will see if we are approaching it the same way as DU or it appears to be the result of a strong week at practice. I would put both Ara and Liam as my "no quit" guys. Late in games they were always still full throttle.

Still looking for some help with the coaching for the d side. If everyone stays or we only lose 1 next off season, we will be as potentially strong and talented as I have ever seen. I get 2 periods of watching them react to the opponents charges and dump ins and can tell you the freshmen were impressive and have a huge upside. They both could use a little film work on decision making but they can both move the puck as we have not seen lately. Could be the next Carolina Twins.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                      Whoa Ref,
                      Strong words from you. Who do you see on top 6? It is hard for me to not see both of them up there at the start anyway. By mid November we will see if we are approaching it the same way as DU or it appears to be the result of a strong week at practice. I would put both Ara and Liam as my "no quit" guys. Late in games they were always still full throttle.

Still looking for some help with the coaching for the d side. If everyone stays or we only lose 1 next off season, we will be as potentially strong and talented as I have ever seen. I get 2 periods of watching them react to the opponents charges and dump ins and can tell you the freshmen were impressive and have a huge upside. They both could use a little film work on decision making but they can both move the puck as we have not seen lately. Could be the next Carolina Twins.
                      No I DO believe they belong there I was questioning Snively65! Couldn’t agree more with your view of Liam and Ara. As per my “top 6” I’m not really sure tbh...there’s going to be some competition with the forwards that’s a given for those spots. But my guess?

Grasso Vela Crookshank (Nazarian/Kelleher)
                      Maass Gildon (Wyse/MacKinnon)
                      Robinson (Taylor gets a legit start and could earn top spot but I hope they both get plenty of time to “prove” this)

Blackburn, Engaras in the running too for that top line as does Charlie Kelleher (with Kelleher having a being top contender depending on how fast he gets out of the gate!!)

All that said, you guys can “fix my post” I don’t mind...😉
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 07-06-2018, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                        If everyone stays or we only lose 1 next off season, we will be as potentially strong and talented as I have ever seen.
                        New(ish) fan?!??!
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          New(ish) fan?!??!
                          He saw Maine teams. Just giving him an out.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            No I DO believe they belong there I was questioning Snively65! Couldn’t agree more with your view of Liam and Ara. As per my “top 6” I’m not really sure tbh...there’s going to be some competition with the forwards that’s a given for those spots. But my guess?

Grasso Vela Crookshank (Nazarian/Kelleher)
                            Maass Gildon (Wyse/MacKinnon)
                            Robinson (Taylor gets a legit start and could earn top spot but I hope they both get plenty of time to “prove” this)

Blackburn, Engaras in the running too for that top line as does Charlie Kelleher (with Kelleher having a being top contender depending on how fast he gets out of the gate!!)

All that said, you guys can “fix my post” I don’t mind...😉
                            You are so right here. I didn't take the time to read who you you were responding to.

Comment

• Nazarian, yes. Vela, not unless he earns it. I would start with something like this...

Crookshank - Blackburn - Grasso
                              Nazarian - Engaras - Kelleher
                              Pierson - Vela - MacAdams
                              BVR - Miller - Fregona/Esposito/Cippolone/Cefalu
                              ---
                              Sacco/Sato

* If Engaras cannot step into a 2C roll than push Nazarian into the middle and put BVR on the second-line wing.

Wyse - Maass
                              Gildon - MacKinnon
                              Boyd - Verrier
                              ---
                              Dawson/Hickey

PP1 - Gildon, Grasso, Crookshank, Blackburn, Vela/BVR
                              PP2 - Wyse, Maass, Nazarian, Engaras/BVR, Kelleher
                              PK1 - Wyse, Maass, Nazarian, Vela
                              PK2 - BVR, Blackburn/Engaras, Boyd, MacKinnon
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

And more along the lines of what I'd expect to see...

BVR - Blackburn - Grasso
                                Nazarian - Vela - Kelleher
                                Crookshank - Miller - MacAdams
                                Pierson - Engaras - Esposito/Cefalu
                                ---
                                Fregona/Cippolone/Sato/Sacco

Gildon - Maass
                                Wyse - MacKinnon
                                Boyd - Dawson/Verrier
                                ---
                                Hickey
                                Live Free or Die!!