Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Max Gildon has been added to the Team USA roster for the World Junior Summer Showcase
    https://www.usahockey.com/news_article/show/937137
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Whitey Bulger? haha No, here's the answer. And, yes, I looked it up....

http://lonepinesports.bangordailynew...ossible-dream/
      Yes, Dick Williams at the beginning of the Sox 1967 Impossible Dream season. Strangely there is an error by Chris Chavis in his article stating that the Sox had not been in a World Series since 1945.

Williams' "We will win more games than we will lose" was borrowed a couple of decades later by a Sox GM, who is perhaps more famous for saying at the beginning of the 1987 season "The sun will rise, the sun will set, but I will have lunch." Who am I?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Williams' "We will win more games than we will lose" was borrowed a couple of decades later by a Sox GM, who is perhaps more famous for saying at the beginning of the 1987 season "The sun will rise, the sun will set, but I will have lunch." Who am I?
        Have to think GM circa 1987 would have been Lou Gorman? Met him at a Pawsox game probably around that same timeframe when I was a kid, signed autographs for everyone waiting. Nice guy.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Very cool about Max...he's getting some excellent opportunities this summer!
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by UNH1932 View Post
            Apples to Oranges

Scoring has been down over the past 15+ years. Point well taken on the past 3 years but we were in top tier on offense until the last 3-5 years.
            No, not apples to oranges. The point of the post, and my laborious calculations, was that a team that has a -16 goal differential in a season (about half a goal per game) is unlikely to win more games than it loses. Who cares how good the offense is if the defense stinks (2-3 years ago), or how good the defense is if the offense stinks (last year)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Have to think GM circa 1987 would have been Lou Gorman? Met him at a Pawsox game probably around that same timeframe when I was a kid, signed autographs for everyone waiting. Nice guy.
              Right-o, Nick. Cool that you got to meet Lou. Never heard him utter a bad word about anyone, or anyone about him.

Comment

Yes, Dick Williams at the beginning of the Sox 1967 Impossible Dream season. Strangely there is an error by Chris Chavis in his article stating that the Sox had not been in a World Series since 1945.
                He missed by all of one (1) season. Maybe the copy editor was nearsighted?
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  He missed by all of one (1) season. Maybe the copy editor was nearsighted?
                  Copy editor? Do those still exist? :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Wiki??
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It's the BDN. They're probably still using their original Gutenberg model printing press.
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

In other off season news Tyler Kelleher will play in Germany this season..
                        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          In other off season news Tyler Kelleher will play in Germany this season..
                          TyK with his finesse puck handling skills should succeed well in Euro hockey, I think.

Check out BU off-season thread for recent Cawlidge Hawkey post that references three players on UNH 1971 team.

Comment

"Former UNH Players Applaud Hiring of Assistant Coach Jeff Giuliano"
                            Includes interviews with Connor Hardowa, Justin Agosta, and Austin Block
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                              "Former UNH Players Applaud Hiring of Assistant Coach Jeff Giuliano"
                              Includes interviews with Connor Hardowa, Justin Agosta, and Austin Block
                              Nice job Mike! It does feel like a good move and I look forward to seeing the team in action this fall.

Comment

Bump. Exactly 10 weeks until the puck drops in Hamilton; who's drivin' out?

Comment

Working...
                                X