Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Not sure he's really going to play a scoring role if we are to believe that the younger more talented players are getting their deserved roles. That said, despite his relatively disappointing scoring to date, he is without a doubt the biggest variable to predict on the roster.

He was a good JRs scorer and is easily the big candidate for UNHs typical big breakout senior.

One way thy might happen is putting him on a PP with Gildon and stationing him in front of the net. He's really good at tipping picks and should get plenty of rebound opportunities, also, if they use him that way...

He has a chance to get to 10-15 and I wouldn't be surprised - but I still think 105 sounds about right, so he'd be cannabilizing someone else.

Would like to see other predictions...
    I may be misremembering, but I believe that I proposed 13.5 wins for an over/under and chose the over, to which Chuck (and now you) chose the under, and I think HR and maybe another chose the over. I think that your 105 GF and GA sound about right, and I think that success will depend largely on goaltending and blueline D, as I do not see this team scoring a whole lot of goals, especially on the PP. I would really like to see at least one SHG this season. :-)

Make that 10 runs. :-)
    Last edited by Snively65; 10-08-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Coach Souza’s passion for UNH runs deep:
      http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...TS22/181009549
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        I may be misremembering, but I believe that I proposed 13.5 wins for an over/under and chose the over, to which Chuck (and now you) chose the under, and I think HR and maybe another chose the over. I think that your 105 GF and GA sound about right, and I think that success will depend largely on goaltending and blueline D, as I do not see this team scoring a whole lot of goals, especially on the PP. I would really like to see at least one SHG this season. :-)

Make that 10 runs. :-)
        Make that 16 runs, Dan. :-)

Thanks for the link, Darius. Good to read about Souza's passion, but hope that he is not too disappointed if he never sees a full house again at Lake Whitt, even if he is able to get the Cats back to the Frozen Four, as I think that those full house days are over in cawlidge hawkey.
        Last edited by Snively65; 10-09-2018, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Make that 16 runs, Dan. :-)
          Hear me now, believe me later! I like their chances to clinch at Yankee Stadium for a second time this season. I predict they are moving on to face the Astros in the ALCS one way or another...

---

As for Souza. I predict I am already tired of feel good stories. Show me how that passion translates into action. And why it translates better now than it did the last three years...
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Pierson is far better than you project. Do not be surprised if he is on first line. He is the best skater on the team with offensive talent beyond most projections.

Comment

Looks like we know who the new captain is....and who picked him:

https://unhwildcats.com/news/2018/10...m-captain.aspx

No alternates mentioned.
              Are you guys brothers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post

No alternates mentioned.
                Great choice congrats Marcus!!!
                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post

No alternates mentioned.
                  Underwhelmed, but not surprised. Yawn.

Having said that, I hope he has a breakout year, and helps move the program towards respectability.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

30 goals and 30 assists would make the captain a four-year 100-point man. :-)

Comment

Happy it's Vela.I like his hard nosed style!

Go BOSOX!
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post

Go BOSOX!
                        Just 14 posts to go before we put this thread to bed; can we do it before opener in Hamilton on Friday night?

Comment

Just 14 posts to go before we put this thread to bed; can we do it before opener in Hamilton on Friday night?
                          Bump!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Not sure he's really going to play a scoring role if we are to believe that the younger more talented players are getting their deserved roles. That said, despite his relatively disappointing scoring to date, he is without a doubt the biggest variable to predict on the roster.

He was a good JRs scorer and is easily the big candidate for UNHs typical big breakout senior.

One way thy might happen is putting him on a PP with Gildon and stationing him in front of the net. He's really good at tipping picks and should get plenty of rebound opportunities, also, if they use him that way...

He has a chance to get to 10-15 and I wouldn't be surprised - but I still think 105 sounds about right, so he'd be cannabilizing someone else.

Would like to see other predictions...
                            I'll go with a range of 13-17 wins. IMHO they might surprise on the upside of that range!

Comment

Souza's take on his team
                              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post

Go BOSOX!
                                My thoughts exactly....he’s done a decent job in the early interviews and he will have this teams back. Kind of surprised tho they only went with only one C but that’s ok. Let’s go ‘Cats!!!
                                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Working...
                                X