Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    far out of our league
    Whoa whoa whoa... who are you to tell someone what LEAGUE they are in!?!?! You're going to send some folks running to their safe spaces Watcher!
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Whoa whoa whoa... who are you to tell someone what LEAGUE they are in!?!?! You're going to send some folks running to their safe spaces Watcher!
      TFW you realize all you're capable of is shtick and you lean into it (albeit passive aggressively)...
      Last edited by Dan; 05-25-2018, 01:31 PM.
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
        Dan, I think Carle and O'Connell are far out of our league given their credentials.
        I think (after waiting this long) waiting a couple more weeks and finding out would be the best play. You could even inquire right now - as to their thought process if they are not promoted to HC jobs. Yes, both are more experienced than, say, Souza himself - but if either are passed over for there respective head coaching positions than it's not outside the realm of possibility that either, or both, could find themselves out of a job all together...

It may cost them the Sacred Heart assistant (if they'd even be interested), but would that be the end of the world? Most likely many, if not all, of the other candidates theyre choosing from will still be available two weeks from now. Considering they're still available 12 weeks after the position first opened...
        Last edited by Dan; 05-25-2018, 01:43 PM.
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
          Who knows what happened with Mark White. Maybe MS has had some self-scouting, and realized that he doesn't just need a guy on his same wavelenth, but someone with skills missing on the Coaching staff. The new glass half-full Watcher will read the re-set this way. Does he get someone he knows, or someone from outside? I know nothing about Beal, and Jeff seems to be speculating, but if Souza is actually evaluating the broader (i.e., non Mass) market, then I'm all for it.

First reaction to Beal (admittedly only a speculative candidate at this point) … a Sacred Heart assistant? Next!! Second, after looking a little more closely, he's got some good early experience (arguably nearly as advanced now as a much older Souza was when DU brought him here), involved in the Union build-up a few years ago (not unlike Leaman via Walshy's UMaine?), and has apparently helped the SHU program make some progress with his recruiting being a key.

Could be a compelling option. My guess is, Beal (like most in his shoes) probably has HC aspirations, but needs some time in a high(er) profile program (like UNH) to get his name out there, and show what he can do. So UNH might be as good a fit for him (if not more so) than he might be for UNH. Plus the Ontario connection is also very compelling.

Not to mention, he already has experience working for a clown AD, might help him in transition here.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Carle is out, as he gets the DU coaching job...
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              First reaction to Beal (admittedly only a speculative candidate at this point) … a Sacred Heart assistant? Next!! Second, after looking a little more closely, he's got some good early experience (arguably nearly as advanced now as a much older Souza was when DU brought him here), involved in the Union build-up a few years ago (not unlike Leaman via Walshy's UMaine?), and has apparently helped the SHU program make some progress with his recruiting being a key.

Could be a compelling option. My guess is, Beal (like most in his shoes) probably has HC aspirations, but needs some time in a high(er) profile program (like UNH) to get his name out there, and show what he can do. So UNH might be as good a fit for him (if not more so) than he might be for UNH. Plus the Ontario connection is also very compelling.

Not to mention, he already has experience working for a clown AD, might help him in transition here.
              Beal is a compelling option. Call me crazy but I'd like to see some defensive experience on the bench!
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                Beal is a compelling option. Call me crazy but I'd like to see some defensive experience on the bench!
                Ya, and maybe Beal could provide some insights on how to beat Atlantic Hockey cupcakes, like Sacred Heart (that 2-2 tie at the Whitt in 2016-2017 was one of many low points that season).

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Ya, and maybe Beal could provide some insights on how to beat Atlantic Hockey cupcakes, like Sacred Heart (that 2-2 tie at the Whitt in 2016-2017 was one of many low points that season).
                  Yup. Bad result for UNH but good point!

Comment

Steve Saviano to be inducted into UNH sports hall of fame on June 9th; get your tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      e.cat, I'll call you crazy! couldn't agree with you more. A little defensive experience would be a great addition to this staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                        e.cat, I'll call you crazy! couldn't agree with you more. A little defensive experience would be a great addition to this staff.
                        Crazy good ATW

Comment

Reginald Wilburn Sings "America the Beautiful":
                          https://www.unh.edu/unhtoday/2018/05...rica-beautiful

Reginald Wilburn brought down the house — Wildcat Stadium, that is — with this jaw-dropping rendition of “America the Beautiful” during the university’s 148th commencement exercises on Saturday, May 19. English professor Dennis Britton accompanies him on piano.

Whitt national anthem, please?
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                            Reginald Wilburn Sings "America the Beautiful":
                            https://www.unh.edu/unhtoday/2018/05...rica-beautiful

Reginald Wilburn brought down the house — Wildcat Stadium, that is — with this jaw-dropping rendition of “America the Beautiful” during the university’s 148th commencement exercises on Saturday, May 19. English professor Dennis Britton accompanies him on piano.

Whitt national anthem, please?
                            WOW! Yes and yes, that is one incredible performance...can he skate?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Steve Saviano to be inducted into UNH sports hall of fame on June 9th; get your tickets!
                              Congratulations to a great clutch performer on a richly-deserved honor.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                Congratulations to a great clutch performer on a richly-deserved honor.
                                After two seasons in the AHL/ECHL, he just completed his 13th full season in Europe; good for him. From back in the time when UNH poached some of the best local kids. And, as the story goes, UNH offered him with the hope that his good friend and Reading High teammate Sean Collins would come to UNH the next year. Wow, I really miss those days.

Comment

Working...
                                X