Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

I do not see any benefits in risking serious injuries ftom the goon hockey played by the Canadian teams. Good riddance, I say.

As for the race with UVM to hire a new AHC, we have almost a three month head start, so we at least should win this one. Announcement should come at 8 am Monday, the beginning of the new fiscal year. Yeah, right.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      I do not see any benefits in risking serious injuries ftom the goon hockey played by the Canadian teams. Good riddance, I say.

As for the race with UVM to hire a new AHC, we have almost a three month head start, so we at least should win this one. Announcement should come at 8 am Monday, the beginning of the new fiscal year. Yeah, right.
      https://uvmathletics.com/news/2018/6...x?path=mhockey

Comment

Yup I thought they had the position filled. Come on 'Cats...show your cards!
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Yup I thought they had the position filled. Come on 'Cats...show your cards!
          Streeeeike threeee! Snively65 is out.

Comment

So is there an exhibition game or not? Discussion going on in Facebook that Oct 6 v New Brunswick...anyone know the story?? I feel the same; not worth having players injured. Maybe this is one of the changes Coach Souza is working towards...
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Always 100% in favor of having an exhibition game. This program has much bigger worries than the possibility of an injury in an exhibition game. Injuries are a factor with every team, in every season. Let's not let the snow-flakery going on elsewhere on campus seep into the hockey program, and turn The Whitt into a safe space on ice, ferchrissakes.

I thought 1932 assured us a few weeks ago that there was going to be an exhibition game regardless, so I trust he's right and it will appear on the schedule at some point before the AHC is hired.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                Always 100% in favor of having an exhibition game. This program has much bigger worries than the possibility of an injury in an exhibition game. Injuries are a factor with every team, in every season. Let's not let the snow-flakery going on elsewhere on campus seep into the hockey program, and turn The Whitt into a safe space on ice, ferchrissakes.

I thought 1932 assured us a few weeks ago that there was going to be an exhibition game regardless, so I trust he's right and it will appear on the schedule at some point before the AHC is hired.
                Well I do agree that there should be a game, TBH. I'm hoping there is, coz the 'Cats are on the road til the end of the month and this fan isn't travelling to Hamilton NY or Colorado Springs (wait...do I have enough Southwest points??? don't tempt me.)
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                  Apparently we could not find the money to bring in an exhibition game opponent this year either.
                  db
                  Sure hope we have an exhibition game. They need the real game atmosphere before taking on games that matter. This year we start with 4 on the road and it would be a shame to not have an exhibition to energize the entire team. Two years ago it was pretty wild across HE but they seem to have put the brakes on that style. Coaches need a real game as they are not getting much time to assess them prior to the CC series.
                  Figures crossed. what's not to love about seeing the freshmen skate and a sense of lines for the start of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    So is there an exhibition game or not? Discussion going on in Facebook that Oct 6 v New Brunswick...anyone know the story?? I feel the same; not worth having players injured. Maybe this is one of the changes Coach Souza is working towards...
                    OMG....talk about a solution in search of a problem. A quick glance shows roughly three dozen D-1 teams played exhibitions against Canadian colleges last October and the sport seems to have survived just fine. What's next, eliminating body checking? I know the 'Cats are the SMT's but come on now.
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                      OMG....talk about a solution in search of a problem. A quick glance shows roughly three dozen D-1 teams played exhibitions against Canadian colleges last October and the sport seems to have survived just fine. What's next, eliminating body checking? I know the 'Cats are the SMT's but come on now.
                      This has been a slight concern re the value of the exhibition game and we've discussed it here before. I guess it's a good point that you've gotta get ready for the season and you run the risk of injury at any point of the season. Lol I guess Snively65 and I should retire to our safe places...
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                        db
                        Sure hope we have an exhibition game. They need the real game atmosphere before taking on games that matter. This year we start with 4 on the road and it would be a shame to not have an exhibition to energize the entire team. Two years ago it was pretty wild across HE but they seem to have put the brakes on that style. Coaches need a real game as they are not getting much time to assess them prior to the CC series.
                        Figures crossed. what's not to love about seeing the freshmen skate and a sense of lines for the start of the year.
                        I really enjoy that game as you get to meet the team like you said. I asked around and look forward to a response...of which I will share here of course I doubt it's a state secret!

EDIT: from what I have gathered yes on early additions of the schedule there was a game Oct 6. Why it's not listed on the final schedule is anyone's guess? Like a few other things I supppse we'll find out eventually
                        but it makes for good off season chatter. Well back to my safe room 😉
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 06-29-2018, 12:35 PM.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Chuck et al

They are working on an exhibition game as our worthy opponents backed out last minute. I hope they do find another Canadian team to visit us in early October. Money wise it is a loser as they charge season ticket holders 15 cents for that game.

Verizon/SNHU was asking for way too much money and I am happy that we will be playing Dartmouth at the Whit. The Monday Maine game and the Sunday UMass game are the toughest for me to attend as they are long drives for one game. Maybe they could move Umass or Maine to the last week of the year (in the future) as we are playing at Northeastern the second weekend of March (only top 8 makeup so there is no first round like we had last year). The games are listed on the unhwildcat.com website and the athletes who will be competing is there as well.

Enjoy the summer and renew your tickets please.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH1932 View Post
                            Chuck et al

They are working on an exhibition game as our worthy opponents backed out last minute. I hope they do find another Canadian team to visit us in early October. Money wise it is a loser as they charge season ticket holders 15 cents for that game.

Verizon/SNHU was asking for way too much money and I am happy that we will be playing Dartmouth at the Whit. The Monday Maine game and the Sunday UMass game are the toughest for me to attend as they are long drives for one game. Maybe they could move Umass or Maine to the last week of the year (in the future) as we are playing at Northeastern the second weekend of March (only top 8 makeup so there is no first round like we had last year). The games are listed on the unhwildcat.com website and the athletes who will be competing is there as well.

Enjoy the summer and renew your tickets please.
                            If this season follows the trend of the last three, this will be my final renewal. Souza needs to prove that his qualifications as head coach go beyond "Dick Umile wanted me to have the job so I got it".

Comment

Must be a Friday afternoon on a hot and humid holiday weekend, as the bloodthirsty insects have come out of the woodwork.

Naw, I will take a pass on all future UNH exhibition games, as I have seen two too many already, both a joke for out of control goon hockey in which the zebras had no control whatsoever. Manchghanistan is much closer for me to watch real goon ECHL hockey, but I will take a pass on those games also.

Bring on Colton Point in Hamilton, NY, and let's see if he still has anything leftover in net for his senior season.

Comment

Must be a Friday afternoon on a hot and humid holiday weekend, as the bloodthirsty insects have come out of the woodwork.

Naw, I will take a pass on all future UNH exhibition games, as I have seen two too many already, both a joke for out of control goon hockey in which the zebras had no control whatsoever. Manchghanistan is much closer for me to watch real goon ECHL hockey, but I will take a pass on those games also.

Bring on Colton Point in Hamilton, NY, and let's see if he still has anything leftover in net for his senior season.
                                Hey no worries man...And yes, bring on Mr. Point and the gang. Am following how our players are doing in their respective dev camps and Angus C is looking promising!!! Haven't heard anything really about anyone else but it's nice that 9 of them are out getting that coaching/exposure. Sooooo….here comes a hot one! Not wanting to rush the summer.
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X