Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Scott that crossed my mind when I first saw that....hmmmm
    He is reported elsewhere to have left Clarkson, not by choice (his or CLKs) but, because his work visa was not renewed by the government. Unless those reports were erroneous, it does not seem like he has any options other than returning to CAN...
    Last edited by Dan; 06-04-2018, 01:52 PM.
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      He is reported elsewhere to have left Clarkson, not by choice (his or CLKs) but, because his work visa was not renewed by the government. Unless those reports were erroneous, it does not seem like he has any options other than returning to CAN...
      Too bad....echoing Chuck's comments on the UNH Commits thread, it would be helpful to have a coach that can recruit in Canada.
      UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        Too bad....echoing Chuck's comments on the UNH Commits thread, it would be helpful to have a coach that can recruit in Canada.

Why let a silly visa be an obstacle? Hire Roy, turn him loose on recruiting north of the border (and abroad) full-time, and just patch him in twice a week with MS and GS via Skype. There is precedent.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Pardon the interruption...

The BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee, WI is liquidating some of the various artifacts they have acquired through the years. One of the items is a New Hampshire jersey signed by the team.

I don't see anything jumping out at me for when UNH would have played here...
          Looking at some of the autographs, it looks like a mid-late 90's team with Steve O'Brien, Rob Gagnon, Jason Krog

Take a look and see if this is something you might want to add to your collection.

LINK

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
            Pardon the interruption...

The BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee, WI is liquidating some of the various artifacts they have acquired through the years. One of the items is a New Hampshire jersey signed by the team.

I don't see anything jumping out at me for when UNH would have played here...
            Looking at some of the autographs, it looks like a mid-late 90's team with Steve O'Brien, Rob Gagnon, Jason Krog

Take a look and see if this is something you might want to add to your collection.

LINK
            With those names it would have been the 1996 Badger Showdown, Wisconsin tourney held at the Bradley Center.
            GO BLUE!

Comment

Eight bids so far, current bid $11; 6+ days remaining in auction. Thanks for the heads up, KaMiGo.

Comment

Troy Taylor autograph = priceless!
                GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                  Troy Taylor autograph = priceless!
                  now 13 bids up to $13.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    now 13 bids up to $13.
                    There's a Michigan jersey in that auction too. It's tempting, until I read the part about being responsible to pick the item up from the Bradley Center during the specified times. They won't package or ship for you.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                      There's a Michigan jersey in that auction too. It's tempting, until I read the part about being responsible to pick the item up from the Bradley Center during the specified times. They won't package or ship for you.
                      What is that, just a 10-hour round trip from Ann Arbor?

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                        With those names it would have been the 1996 Badger Showdown, Wisconsin tourney held at the Bradley Center.
                        That was the season that UNH has the 14 game winning streak which continued through the Badger Showdown. My recollection is that UNH was down by a bunch of goals to Wisconsin but came roaring back to win the game something like 8-7.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                          That was the season that UNH has the 14 game winning streak which continued through the Badger Showdown. My recollection is that UNH was down by a bunch of goals to Wisconsin but came roaring back to win the game something like 8-7.
                          Pretty good memory, Greg. It was 9-7.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/sc...re/38/19961997
                          Are you guys brothers?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                            Listened to that game on the radio. UNH was getting smoked in the first period, remember the over-rated chant coming out (UNH may have been rated #1 at that time). Arena was pretty quiet by the end.
                            GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              There's some tempting stuff in there - but I ain't gonna tell any of you guys, so the bids won't get driven up

Comment

Schedule filling in nicely with Mack and UML now announced. BTW, Mack playing cupcakes Golphers and Wolverines two each this upcoming season

Comment

Working...
                                X