Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
    So I got my first wish, with the captain deferral.

Next up a REAL goalie competition. Let them rotate until the break and reevaluate then.

And a REAL out of conference schedule. (Which looks at least a bit promising)
    Deferral is interesting - I wonder if it portends a change in the selection process (has been 100% player driven, I think, which caused hysterical hyperventilation on the thread). Methinks coach input would be smart!
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      I think that the expression was a "third line plodder." :-)

But, JvR needs his name on the LSC to join younger bro TvR.
      That 3rd line plodder is having some fun at the B’s expense. Leading the Leafs in goals with 3, all PPG’s. Need to stay out of the box tomorrow night.

Comment

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
        That 3rd line plodder is having some fun at the B’s expense. Leading the Leafs in goals with 3, all PPG’s. Need to stay out of the box tomorrow night.
        Shocking to me how suddenly, after doing what I think has been a tremendous job, Cassidy seems to be reverting to full "Claude" mode. Suddenly he wants "older" guys that you can "trust." This team needs GOALS. And Ryan Donato has been a healthy scratch for most of the series while you have (speaking of) plodders like Wingels and even Riley Nash out there.

If he doesn't open it up and let it all hang out, I say they lose tonight. If he thinks he's going to win a 2-1 game with Rask in the net, he'd better seriously re-evaluate that logic...

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
          So I got my first wish, with the captain deferral.

Next up a REAL goalie competition. Let them rotate until the break and reevaluate then.

And a REAL out of conference schedule. (Which looks at least a bit promising)
          After I posted this it occurred to me that I had another wish for the coming season. And it came true this morning.

https://twitter.com/jimmyconnelly/st...722277888?s=19

Perhaps I should buy a powerball ticket.
          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Shocking to me how suddenly, after doing what I think has been a tremendous job, Cassidy seems to be reverting to full "Claude" mode. Suddenly he wants "older" guys that you can "trust." This team needs GOALS. And Ryan Donato has been a healthy scratch for most of the series while you have (speaking of) plodders like Wingels and even Riley Nash out there.

If he doesn't open it up and let it all hang out, I say they lose tonight. If he thinks he's going to win a 2-1 game with Rask in the net, he'd better seriously re-evaluate that logic...
            Leafs have three lines that can score, whereas B's really have only one line that can score, and the B's blue liners are now exposing Rask, who only rarely can steal a game.

Speaking of which, no more MBPBEGAM round in Hockey East, which will shorten UNH season by at least two games each season.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post

Was wondering about Donato myself on Monday night.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post

Slow down a bit.

1. If Cassidy was going to older guys he could trust he would have put Gionta in at some point.
                2. The Donato fantasy is cute and yes he has offensive upside but was LOST defensively in his playoff appearance.
                3. You underestimate a guy like Riley Nash if you think he is a "plodder".

Game 7 lineup announced this morning:
                Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
                DeBrusk-Krejci-Rick Nash
                Heinen-Riley Nash-Backes
                Schaller-Kuraly- Acciari

Chara-McAvoy
                Krug-Miller
                Grz-McQuaid
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Slow down a bit.

1. If Cassidy was going to older guys he could trust he would have put Gionta in at some point.
                  2. The Donato fantasy is cute and yes he has offensive upside but was LOST defensively in his playoff appearance.
                  3. You underestimate a guy like Riley Nash if you think he is a "plodder".

Game 7 lineup announced this morning:
                  Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
                  DeBrusk-Krejci-Rick Nash
                  Heinen-Riley Nash-Backes
                  Schaller-Kuraly- Acciari

Chara-McAvoy
                  Krug-Miller
                  Grz-McQuaid
                  Appears that someone is left out?

Comment

Pull Rask for the third. I mean...what do they have to lose? Not all Rasks fault but he's just not playing well (and hasn't been all series)
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Pull Rask for the third. I mean...what do they have to lose? Not all Rasks fault but he's just not playing well (and hasn't been all series)
                      Kevin Dean, Souzacats next assistant coach(?), interviewed between second and third by Andy Brickley.
                      Last edited by Snively65; 04-25-2018, 09:40 PM.

Comment

What a third period for the B's. Awsome game 7.
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Kevin Dean, Souzacats next assistant coach(?), interviewed between second and third by Andy Brickley.
                          JvR's likely last game as a Leaf ends with 0 G, 0 A, 0 SOG, and 0 PM.
                          Last edited by Snively65; 04-25-2018, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Well it wasn't pretty but we'll take it!!!
                            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Well it wasn't pretty but we'll take it!!!
                              Maybe B's clear cap space to pick up JvR in offseason?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Pull Rask for the third.
                                I would have strongly considered this. I think it's time we call a spade a spade with Rask. Good numbers, can't win many big games. He's basically Mike Ayers in a Bruins uniform.

How about Jake DeBrusk?!
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X