Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    I am thinking that Chuck met either David Lassondre or the ghost of Chris Serino.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    Bob Norton then.
    One of you guys nailed it.

HINT: It's the guy who doesn't have me chatting with apparitions.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      One of you guys nailed it.

HINT: It's the guy who doesn't have me chatting with apparitions.
      And a "storied" announcer. I can still hear him say so and so "from Chilliwack, BC."

Played pickup basketball against Norton back in the day at Lundholm. Very intense!
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
        And a "storied" announcer. I can still hear him say so and so "from Chilliwack, BC."

Played pickup basketball against Norton back in the day at Lundholm. Very intense!
        Played pickup basketball against Sean McDonnell back in the day at Lundholm. Very, very intense.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonar View Post
          Played pickup basketball against Sean McDonnell back in the day at Lundholm. Very, very intense.
          Ha. You and I may have needed some sage

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Also, JvR got a goal in the B's 7-3 win over the Leafs.
            JvR gets another goal last night in 4-2 win against B's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Yes, he is Murray's backup on the Pens' postseason roster.
              Speaking of Pens backup goalies, John Curry (BU ‘07) lives in my condo building in Minneapolis. Has the interesting distinction of having a Stanley Cup ring without his name on the Cup (not enough RS games played at Pens level, although he was spare goalie in playoffs).
              Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                Speaking of Pens backup goalies, John Curry (BU ‘07) lives in my condo building in Minneapolis. Has the interesting distinction of having a Stanley Cup ring without his name on the Cup (not enough RS games played at Pens level, although he was spare goalie in playoffs).
                What is the over/under of the Pens winning it all this year, and CDS joining JC in not getting his name on the LSC?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  What is the over/under of the Pens winning it all this year, and CDS joining JC in not getting his name on the LSC?
                  I wouldn't expect a Pens Cup this year. Would have to likely go through both Boston and Tampa just to get to the finals. But... they do know how to win this time of the year.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                    Is there a distinction drawn between playing a RS game, and being on the roster? That is, if a player was on the roster for a significant number of games, but was the backup for all but a handful of games, do the games he sat out qualify for having his name on the Cup?
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

I dunno know the details for getting one's name on the LSC, buoldtimer, but I am sure that someone here knows. I was just trying to be provocative with my over/under question, Nick. But, both the B's and Lightning showed some vulnerability in their last games. And, those Penguins are a pesky bunch, especially in the postseason, as you note.

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                        Is there a distinction drawn between playing a RS game, and being on the roster? That is, if a player was on the roster for a significant number of games, but was the backup for all but a handful of games, do the games he sat out qualify for having his name on the Cup?
                        Yes, the requirements are either at least 41 regular season games played or one finals game played. A team can petition for adding a player, but I don’t think being dressed and on the bench, let alone just on the roster, would qualify.

Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                          It's tough to call these things hard rules when a team can petition to have someone engraved on the Cup. My feeling is a straight up backup is probably on the Cup or they are usually petitioned and granted.

For reference, pretty sure Rask played zero playoff games in 2011 (can anyone verify?) and only registered 29 games played in the RS and he is engraved between Recchi and Peverley. I bet a good number backups of Cup winners get in some playoff time as a result of the starter being pulled in a blowout loss or some other scenario of the starter going cold, etc.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

'Cats will be heading to Belfast to play in the Friendship Four tourney in 2019
                            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              First or second weekend of October?

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Ireland is calling again!

Comment

Working...
                                X