Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    Knowing tennis would impress the ultimate new boss. May also want to learn swimming and clarinet.
    Oh, then I can apply? I've been playing (along with sax, keyboard, etc) for, well, "x" years...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      Oh, then I can apply? I've been playing (along with sax, keyboard, etc) for, well, "x" years...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDFpS3e0Qoc
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
        Went on the FOH website last week and there was nothing on this years banquet.
        What a shock!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          I can assure you I am quite a bit better than that! (and I sing better than Matthew Broderick also...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            To paraphrase something that was uttered about 50 years ago now by a far more prominent national figure at the time ... "I shall not seek, and I will not accept the job of UNH Men's Hockey Assistant Coach if offered".
            According what I have read the origianal version was stated in 1884, somewhat more than 50 years ago.

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
              According what I have read the origianal version was stated in 1884, somewhat more than 50 years ago.

Sean
              Never said it was the original quote, if you read my post carefully, Sean. Just something, y'know, in our lifetimes?

Must be tough to feel like you've always got to be the smartest guy in the room, eh?
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                Never said it was the original quote, if you read my post carefully, Sean. Just something, y'know, in our lifetimes?

Must be tough to feel like you've always got to be the smartest guy in the room, eh?
                Moreover (love that word), I do not think that UNH had a Men's ice hockey team in 1884. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Yep banquet is Saturday and the cut off to sign up was I think April 16. Will be going and will report out what's what Capt wise.. Speaking of what's everyone's take on that? Going with Vela/Boyd...
                  I would be thrilled if they DIDN'T announce captains at the banquet. I know most teams do it this way but never made sense to me. I like the way Maine did it this past season. Wait a bit and get the incoming players involved. They seemed to get a good one, even if he was an underclassmen.

Especially in this case .I think it would be a gesture that things will be different moving forward.
                  UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                    I would be thrilled if they DIDN'T announce captains at the banquet. I know most teams do it this way but never made sense to me. I like the way Maine did it this past season. Wait a bit and get the incoming players involved. They seemed to get a good one, even if he was an underclassmen.

Especially in this case .I think it would be a gesture that things will be different moving forward.
                    Agreed. The Souzacats should try to make changes every place that they can, no matter how large or small.

And, speaking of golf, Winnik will now be hitting the links as the Wild bow out to the Jets. Maybe one more game for JvR, leaving only bench warmer CDS to carry the UNH torch toward the LSC.

Comment

Matt Willows retires his hockey career hoping to get into coaching and to pursue his Masters. Always one of my favorite players and glad I got the chance to see him play twice this season in Manchester. Wishing him well!

http://www.readingeagle.com/sports/a...ces-retirement
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-21-2018, 09:01 AM.
                      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Agreed. The Souzacats should try to make changes every place that they can, no matter how large or small.

And, speaking of golf, Winnik will now be hitting the links as the Wild bow out to the Jets. Maybe one more game for JvR, leaving only bench warmer CDS to carry the UNH torch toward the LSC.
                        I'd be surprised to find out the 'Cats are going to delay a Captain announcement, but hey, agree that it isn't a bad idea. Will be at the banquet so will miss most of the B's game; hoping they close it out tonight!! Matt Murray is playing fairly well (last night was not one of those) so wonder if CDS gets a shot if they make it to the Finals; only have to play in one game to get on the Stanley. Speaking of that, besides TvR, what other 'Cats have held this honor?

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          I'd be surprised to find out the 'Cats are going to delay a Captain announcement, but hey, agree that it isn't a bad idea. Will be at the banquet so will miss most of the B's game; hoping they close it out tonight!! Matt Murray is playing fairly well (last night was not one of those) so wonder if CDS gets a shot if they make it to the Finals; only have to play in one game to get on the Stanley. Speaking of that, besides TvR, what other 'Cats have held this honor?
                          Kevin Dean with Devils, Bryan Muir with Av's; that's three, we want more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Kevin Dean with Devils, Bryan Muir with Av's; that's three, we want more.
                            Just announced the player with the highest GPA and the award is Joe Lazzarro and he's the EE major!

Comment

Most improved player: Richie Boyd

Comment

Best Defensive Forward: Marcus Vela

Comment

Working...
                                X