UMass Lowell 2018: Champions of the Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell 2018: Champions of the Offseason

Is Denver coming? Do they owe one us one?
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
      Is Denver coming? Do they owe one us one?
      The last time that came up, someone on here said Denver paid UML to not do a return trip. So I don’t think they owe one anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
        The last time that came up, someone on here said Denver paid UML to not do a return trip. So I don’t think they owe one anymore.
        C.R.E.A.M

I'd like to see another NCHC school come in to Tsongas
        Tully Rink Rat
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
          C.R.E.A.M
          Dollar dollar bill y'all.

Aside from Denver blowing through BC and BU this year, I feel like the out of conference schedules for everyone in HE was a bit meh.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            Dollar dollar bill y'all.

Aside from Denver blowing through BC and BU this year, I feel like the out of conference schedules for everyone in HE was a bit meh.
            To be fair, Denver / BU was a really close 4-3 game. Not exactly getting "blown through". BU also played Minnesota State, who was VERY good, and Cornell, who was also very good.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
              To be fair, Denver / BU was a really close 4-3 game. Not exactly getting "blown through". BU also played Minnesota State, who was VERY good, and Cornell, who was also very good.
              My bad, BU played DU tough. I'd still think that in a good year, they be able to beat Mankato at least once at home. That's also the first time Cornell has beaten them at MSG.
              BC's winless out of conference record was a big issue. And we have 3 HE teams in the field anyways.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                My bad, BU played DU tough. I'd still think that in a good year, they be able to beat Mankato at least once at home. That's also the first time Cornell has beaten them at MSG.
                BC's winless out of conference record was a big issue. And we have 3 HE teams in the field anyways.
                Agreed with how bad the results were this year OOC. Definitely not a good look for HE.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Congratulations to former River Hawk coach Blaise MacDonald.

Comment

Lowell Sun article: Bazin, River Hawks prepared to pick up the pieces.

Bazin held meetings with all his returning players over the last couple of days. The message? Be ready to compete for playing time next season.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      I like that message
                      Tully Rink Rat
                      Youngstar
                      UML Class of 09

Comment

Interesting stuff in that article. Including the comment about recruiting in New Brunswick (Maritime Hockey League?).
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          Interesting stuff in that article. Including the comment about recruiting in New Brunswick (Maritime Hockey League?).
                          I hope not, but what else could it be? I'm assuming Norm speaks french, so if that helps him recruit a kid that would otherwise play in the Q, then by all means.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                            I hope not, but what else could it be? I'm assuming Norm speaks french, so if that helps him recruit a kid that would otherwise play in the Q, then by all means.
                            He could be looking at some younger players / leagues? I don't care where he finds them as long as the players help get the program back to the NCAAs. It seemed strange sitting home the past few weekends.

The article mentions at least 10 recruits coming in and that they may add to that number if they find a player they like. I can't imagine they have much scholarship money left.

Comment

According to a poster in the schedules thread, Lowell will be playing a home and away series vs. RPI.

RIT x2
                              RPI
                              @RPI
                              @Miami x2
                              @Bentley

Comment

Jahad Thomas and the America East 3x3U tournament team just finished pool play at 3-0 which places America East into the quarter finals of the tournament. The team is wearing appropriate colors.

edit: defeating the Missouri Valley, Mountain West, and Big South

edit #2: quarterfinals tomorrow at 1:30 on twitter... semfis and finals on ESPN2
                                Last edited by Patman; 03-31-2018, 03:16 PM.
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X