Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2018: Champions of the Offseason

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
    Is he you cuz
    You English write?

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      You English write?
      Enough cox from all you lovers have keep dreaming by the loser a drink when he is rooting against our boys ok cuz

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
        Enough cox from all you lovers have keep dreaming by the loser a drink when he is rooting against our boys ok cuz
        No Egnlish you rite. The grammar horse is neighing.

Comment

Updated list of things that are biased against the UMass-Lowell Riverhawks hockey program.

- The computers that decide who makes the NCAA tournament

- Jeff Cox

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
            Updated list of things that are biased against the UMass-Lowell Riverhawks hockey program.

- The computers that decide who makes the NCAA tournament

- Jeff Cox
            for the win.

Comment

I for one am very curious to see what Norm gets out of the school and to see if maybe he kicks some money down the line as well to the assistants like the last time he got re-upped. I'm still in for the school of thought that Norm isn't leaving until we win a National Championship and then he will look at this options. I for one hope when that day comes it is to the Pro level and not another school. I couldn't stand to see him anywhere else but behind the LOWELL bench.
              Tully Rink Rat
              Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

Every time chiefs11 speaks our institution gets a 10 point drop in prestige. At this rate we’ll be a community college by next thursday
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  Every time chiefs11 speaks our institution gets a 10 point drop in prestige. At this rate we’ll be a community college by next thursday
                  Heh. Certainly would have difficulty passing the 101 English grammar requirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Heh. Certainly would have difficulty passing the 101 English grammar requirement.
                    Sorry guys I am in my 62 not the best speller Lowell fan for a long time sorry for any trouble

Comment

Former River Hawk Kim Brandvold steps down as Central Catholic boys hockey coach.

He cited work obligations for stepping away from the Raiders.
                      Brandvold is the skating and skills coach for the Boston Bruins and a director for Dynamic Skating, which operates out of Merrimack College

Comment

Former Boston Bruin Johnny "Pie" McKenzie passed away at age 80 tonight. He worked with the Lowell hockey program during the 2007-08 season as an ambassador. (Officially his title was "Liaison for Hockey Development". )
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Lowell peeps - question for you. I was driving down Pawtucket Blvd. by the UML boathouse and saw there was a boat that appears to do a cruise on the river. My mom noticed it as well and thought she’d like to do that. I can’t seem to locate any information about it. Are any of you aware of it and if so, where I might go online to check out a schedule and ticket information? It looks like it leaves from your boathouse but I could be mistaken. Would appreciate any info you can provide - thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Lowell peeps - question for you. I was driving down Pawtucket Blvd. by the UML boathouse and saw there was a boat that appears to do a cruise on the river. My mom noticed it as well and thought she’d like to do that. I can’t seem to locate any information about it. Are any of you aware of it and if so, where I might go online to check out a schedule and ticket information? It looks like it leaves from your boathouse but I could be mistaken. Would appreciate any info you can provide - thanks!!
                            https://www.nps.gov/lowe/planyourvis...-merrimack.htm

Comment

• Oh awesome, thank you!!

Comment

From the rules change thread. I'm happy they decided to leave the OT format alone.

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                Teams will play 5-on-5 for five minutes in all regular-season games
                                Greg Johnson | NCAA.com
                                Last Updated - Jun 14, 2018 16:42 EDT

The NCAA Men’s and Women’s Ice Hockey Rules Committee approved a standardized overtime format for all regular-season games and in-season tournaments beginning with the 2018-19 season.

When a game remains tied after regulation time, teams will play five-on-five for five minutes to determine a winner. If neither team scores, the result will be a tie. No other options, including alternative formats for points in conference standings, will be permitted.

This change makes all games consistent and removes several overtime options from the rules book.

“While differing opinions were expressed, at the end of the day the committee strongly endorsed a single overtime option, cleaning up the book and affirming the belief that hockey is played, for the most part, in a five-on-five format,” said Joe Bertagna, Hockey East Association commissioner and chair of the committee. “While the time might come where college hockey will employ a reduced manpower overtime, the prevailing voices on the committee did not see that time as now.”

During regular-season tournaments that require advancement, two options will be available after the five-minute overtime is played. Events may choose to utilize a shootout, using the specified rules, or conduct 20-minute sudden death periods. Postseason competition options include 20-minute sudden death periods or the minigame format (utilized in some conference championships).

All rules changes must be approved by the NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel, which will discuss ice hockey rules change proposals during a July 25 teleconference. The proposals will be distributed to the membership for comment next week.

Video review for ejections

The committee proposed several other changes to improve its rules. One significant change is to allow the use of video review in situations where ejecting a student-athlete is being considered. Because such calls are critical, and officials must currently make these determinations after viewing the play in real time, the committee believes this change will be a positive.

“When video replay is available, it is important to be sure student-athletes are penalized appropriately,” Bertagna said. “Given the speed of the game, providing this tool will help ensure proper enforcement.”

To address the potential concern of adding to the length of game and prolonged interruptions in play, the committee will provide education to the conferences regarding the preferred protocol for these reviews. Currently, officials huddle and communicate about a play where an ejection is being considered. With this rule, the instruction will be to immediately review the play and expedite the decision.

For the first time, the committee voted to issue separate points of emphasis for men’s and women’s ice hockey. Some components are shared, but the committee believes it is important to focus on each gender separately.

Protection of the student-athlete remains the top point of emphasis for both genders.

“In addition to traditional warnings, we are asking men’s officials to watch out for an increase in slashing and late hits, areas that other levels of elite men’s hockey have tackled in recent years,” Bertagna said. “Representatives of women’s ice hockey on the committee identified a need to clarify the differences between legal and illegal contact and began steps to put measures in place to be communicated to players, coaches and officials.”

Further, both committees believe a renewed focus on respect is appropriate.

“Respect for the game and respect for each other truly must be front and center,” Bertagna said. “We included our concerns over the spread of embellishment in that section. It has grown in both the men’s and women’s game and needs to be stopped.”

Other significant rule changes:

The committee redefined slashing to encourage better enforcement and specifically identified this as an illegal defensive tactic.
                                For a substitution to be legal, the player coming off the ice must be within 5 feet of their bench before the substitute may contact the ice.
                                In overtime games, each team will have one timeout to utilize in overtime, regardless of whether a timeout was used during regulation play.
                                The number of skaters allowed to each team will be increased to 19 (current rule allows up to 18).
                                A player who catches the puck must immediately place it on the ice for play to continue legally. If a player catches and conceals or throws the puck, a minor penalty shall be assessed.
                                To reduce the number of video review situations, coaches must use a challenge to review goals scored where a potential high stick is involved or plays where the puck touches the netting out of play and leads to a goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X