Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2018: Champions of the Offseason

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

I'm happy about this news. I didn't like the format where there was arguably less incentive to finish 5th than 6th. I think having only 4 teams get home ice and the bottom 3 teams eliminated will make the final weekend of the regular season much more interesting.

Comment

and less painful if things aren't going well.

Comment

Hellebuyck was a great goalie for UML and is fun to watch in Winnipeg except when he pays against the Bruins..

Comment

47 saves in game one and hope he keeps it going.

Comment

Just a thought is wall coming back hope so

Comment

The team had their awards banquet today.

Christoffer Hernberg - MVP & Most Improved Player & Coaches Perserverance
              Chris Forney - Best Defensive Player & Gus Coutu Award (Player that best exemplifies the spirit of the UML hockey program)
              Ryan Lohin - G. Harvey Chandler Award (Leading Scorer)
              Charlie Levesque - Rookie of the Year
              Tommy Panico - Unsung Hero
              Equipment Manager Nick Lazor - Marc Connelly Award (Non-player who makes a positive significant impact on the program)

Based on the updates to the roster page on goriverhawks.com, it looks like Folin, Waring, Winkler, and Cleary will not be back next season.
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                The team had their awards banquet today.

Christoffer Hernberg - MVP & Most Improved Player & Coaches Perserverance
                Chris Forney - Best Defensive Player & Gus Coutu Award (Player that best exemplifies the spirit of the UML hockey program)
                Ryan Lohin - G. Harvey Chandler Award (Leading Scorer)
                Charlie Levesque - Rookie of the Year
                Tommy Panico - Unsung Hero
                Equipment Manager Nick Lazor - Marc Connelly Award (Non-player who makes a positive significant impact on the program)

Based on the updates to the roster page on goriverhawks.com, it looks like Folin, Waring, Winkler, and Cleary will not be back next season.
                A bit surprised about Folin. Any word on when the schedule will be released? Was the banquet open to the public?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                  Any word on when the schedule will be released?
                  https://***********/theboz423/status/992552501667876864

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      I believe that will bring the roster to 29 (17 F, 9 D, 3 G) with the returning players and the incoming recruits.

Comment

Article from today's Lowell Sun:

3 UMass Lowell hockey players transferring
                        By Barry Scanlon
                        bscanlon@lowellsun.com
                        LOWELL — The 2018-19 UMass Lowell men’s hockey roster will feature lots of new faces.
                        Tommy Panico, Chris Forney, Tyler Mueller, Jake Kamrass and John Edwardh all played professional hockey after their senior seasons ended. Asixth senior, Ryan Collins, is also set to graduate.
                        And head coach Norm Bazin confirms three players with eligibility left have decided to transfer — junior goaltender Sean Cleary, sophomore forward James Winkler and freshman defenseman Jonathan Waring.
                        Cleary saw action in one game for the River Hawks. During the 2016-17 season, he stopped 25 of 30 shots.
                        Christoffer Hernberg, who will be a senior in the fall, Tyler Wall, who will be a junior, and incoming freshman Eric Green were all expected to be ahead of Cleary on the depth chart. “Sean is one of the nicest kids I’ve ever met and a great teammate, but I couldn’t guarantee him any playing time with Hernberg, Wall and an incoming freshman who I think has upside,” Bazin said. Cleary, a native of Centerville, Mass., plans to transfer to Salem State. He will be eligible to play in the 2018-19 season. “It’s in the best interest for him,”
                        Bazin said. Also leaving the program are Winkler, a native of York, Maine, and Waring, a native of Farmington Hills, Mich.
                        Winkler played in six games as a freshman and then five games last season as a sophomore.
                        He was held without a point. Waring saw action in one game as a freshman this past season and did not record a point. “Both are good kids and both are going to have the opportunity to play where they want to,” Bazin said. Winkler is expected to play at Endicott College in Beverly. Waring’s plans are unclear, according to Bazin. Bazin said UML’s incoming freshman class is still being determined and no announcement is expected any time soon.

The Hockey East athletic directors have voted and a major change to the playoffs is coming for the upcoming season. No longer will all 11 teams make the playoffs.
                        Starting with the 2018-19 season, only the top eight teams will make it. The first-round best-of-three series will feature the No. 8 seed at No. 1, No. 7 at No. 2, No. 6 at No. 3, and No. 5 at No. 4.
                        “They feel it adds to the excitement,” Bazin said of the athletic directors. “I understand the mindset.”
                        The four winners will advance to the TD Garden in Boston for the semifinals.

Dylan Zink, the only defenseman in UML’s Division 1 history to score at least 10 goals in three seasons, will play for the Norwegian team Sparta Sarpsborg next season. ...
                        Two UML recruits are still playing. Defenseman Jonathan McDonald is playing in the United States Hockey League finals for Fargo. Defenseman Nolan Sawchuk is playing in the North American Hockey League championship for Minot.
                        Sawchuk lifted Minot in the finals when he scored in double overtime to defeat Austin, 2-1, last Saturday. ... UML’s 2018-19 schedule has yet to be released, but River Hawk fans can expect national power Denver to make a visit to the Tsongas Center.

Comment

Just got the email Denver coming to Lowell on Saturday 12/29. Lowell not playing in a Holiday Tournament this year. 17 home dates, wonder if Colgate now owes us two at home next year?
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

I just heard from UML STH that the Ospreys are playing the Falcons in Waltham on October 27th.

Comment

The complete schedule is online: http://www.goriverhawks.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Who else is Denver playing? Doubt they’d come out east for a singleton
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X