Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell 2018: Champions of the Offseason

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    I agree about Schutz, I thought he skated hard and played with a lot of energy which the team desperately needed. I was surprised he was a out of the lineup in a couple of games down the stretch. I think Evingson just needs time but I'll admit I thought he would play more, only 16 games. The big surprise to me was Baxter who played in 30 games.
    Baxter was a real pleasant surprise for me too. I thought his game only got better as the year progressed and his team best (+12) is certainly evidence of that.

Comment

A nice night for former River Hawk Mike Louria. He had a 3 points (1-2-3) including the game winner in OT as Robert Morris advances to the AHC championship game.

Comment

Is anyone heading to Worcester this weekend?

Comment

Is anyone heading to Worcester this weekend?
          If Northeastern wins Saturday I might go on Sunday
          Tully Rink Rat
          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
          Youngstar
          UML Class of 09

Comment

I know Minnesota is the be all and end all for college hockey ... so I'm not surprised to see some Gopher fan included Bazin in his list of possible replacements for Lucia. I don't see it happening, but sure. But then I read the bio that was put together, and I want to hang my head in shame for the person.
            Norm Bazin-UMass-Lowell Redhawks Head Coach: Age 47
            Bazin is in his seventh season as the head coach of UMass-Lowell. He was led the Redhawks to Hockey East titles in 2013 and 2017. Bazin is a UML alum and played four years for the Redhawks between 1990 and 1994. Basin spent time as an assistant coach both for UMass-Lowell and Colorado College before coaching D3 Hamilton College for four seasons prior to taking the UML job.
            Ouch. The whole thing is a disgrace.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              I know Minnesota is the be all and end all for college hockey ... so I'm not surprised to see some Gopher fan included Bazin in his list of possible replacements for Lucia. I don't see it happening, but sure. But then I read the bio that was put together, and I want to hang my head in shame for the person.

Even the Sun can spell Goofers

#STATEOFUMEMPLOYMENT
              Tully Rink Rat
              Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

lol, where is that

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
                  lol, where is that
                  I really didn't want to give this person links when it's so bad, but it's here.
                  I'm not sure how you can write an article without doing the slightest bit of fact checking. Also, unsure how you can spell his name correctly and incorrectly in back to back sentences.
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

That's funny. Thankfully according to the Minnesota fan thread, they won't even think of considering someone who has no ties to Minnesota.

Comment

It appears RIT will be coming to Lowell for two games next season.

From the schedule thread:
                      Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                      RIT will also travel to Northeastern for one game, host Arizona State for two, and visit UMass Lowell for two.

Comment

It appears RIT will be coming to Lowell for two games next season.

From the schedule thread:
                        Still assuming the AIC & Bentley return trips, with 4 games left, I'm thinking there will be two more OOC games at Tsongas and a holiday tournament.

RIT x2
                        @Miami x2
                        @AIC
                        @Bentley
                        Last edited by Middle Street; 03-22-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                          Still assuming the AIC & Bentley return trips, with 4 games left, I'm thinking there will be two more OOC games at Tsongas and a holiday tournament.

RIT x2
                          @Miami x2
                          @AIC
                          @Bentley
                          I believe there'll be a big name coming to Tsongas from the west... but not sure.
                          Monty

Comment

I believe there'll be a big name coming to Tsongas from the west... but not sure.
                            It might be Duluth again because I heard Lowell was playing out there in 2019-20.

Comment

RIT x2
                              @Miami x2
                              @AIC
                              @Bentley
                              No return trip to AIC (at least in 2018-19) and no holiday tournament.

It might be Duluth again because I heard Lowell was playing out there in 2019-20.
                              It's not. It's a different team.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                                No return trip to AIC (at least in 2018-19) and no holiday tournament.

It's not. It's a different team.
                                Thanks, and this is all good news in my opinion as I like to see new teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X