X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2018: Champions of the Offseason

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    $$$$, better recruits and better chance at a national championship
    Many people would be surprised how high Bazin's salary is at UML compared to most coaches nationally. All signs indicate he made more than Montgomery this past year by a decent amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      Take this as pleasantly as I can imagine.... go wipe your *** with a cactus
      LMAO.....I deserve that. But I was joking
      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        Many people would be surprised how high Bazin's salary is at UML compared to most coaches nationally. All signs indicate he made more than Montgomery this past year by a decent amount.
        I think I read someone on twitter recently who reported that Bazin made almost double Montgomery last year.
        Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
          I think I read someone on twitter recently who reported that Bazin made almost double Montgomery last year.
          Bazin's contract is public, base was 440k last year, growing 25k each year through the end of the deal in 2022. Montgomery's is not, but was rumored to be around 300k by the Denver Post. So not double, but considerably more.

Comment

Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

So the way I see it a someone reported something, got proven wrong by and then tweeted to discredit his own original report? Sounds like the fake news media we have today! some guys are just so sloppy, see it in both sports and politics. Glad you guys are keeping Norm!!!!

like last year when Norm was going to Michigan, or when Dennehy was going to UMass, or when Leaman was going to michigan state. Can't believe anything.

https://***********/JeffCoxSports/st...51310666776576
                Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                  $$$$, better recruits and better chance at a national championship
                  Why isn't Rand Pecknold being considered for any of these higher profile positions? We always hear rumors regarding Nate Leaman and Norm. Besides Peca, have any of the recent Q players seen playing time yet in the NHL? It seems like Rand gets a heck of a lot out of his players and doesn't get enough praise for it. Is it because he's rubbed some people the wrong way?

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                    So the way I see it a someone reported something, got proven wrong by and then tweeted to discredit his own original report? Sounds like the fake news media we have today! some guys are just so sloppy, see it in both sports and politics. Glad you guys are keeping Norm!!!!

like last year when Norm was going to Michigan, or when Dennehy was going to UMass, or when Leaman was going to michigan state. Can't believe anything.

https://***********/JeffCoxSports/st...51310666776576
                    Not sure its totally fake news. I'm willing to believe Jeff was told this information, however I'd be interested to hear him report why Norm pulled out of the running despite there being "significant mutual interest".

Did Lowell counter with a better contract terms? Was Denver unwilling to meet Norm's demands? Was there protection in the current UML contract that would make acquiring Norm cost prohibitive?

I'd love to know, but I doubt Jeff will share those details.

BTW, assuming there was mutual interest here, this is the second year in a row where Norm seriously considered another offer (Utica AHL last season). If he's entertaining these offers for leverage for a better contract, more power to him, but doing this the season after he was given a contract extension paying him 500k per season?? I find that unsettling. Not sure Norm will be the "lifer" we are all hoping he might be.
                    Last edited by Middle Street; 05-17-2018, 11:25 PM.

Comment

so who is going to be the next coach? thinking of poaching the mack new bench boss?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        so who is going to be the next coach? thinking of poaching the mack new bench boss?
                        Arsène Wenger.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                          Not sure its totally fake news. I'm willing to believe Jeff was told this information, however I'd be interested to hear him report why Norm pulled out of the running despite there being "significant mutual interest".

Did Lowell counter with a better contract terms? Was Denver unwilling to meet Norm's demands? Was there protection in the current UML contract that would make acquiring Norm cost prohibitive?

BTW, assuming there was mutual interest here, this is the second year in a row where Norm seriously considered another offer (Utica AHL last season). If he's entertaining these offers for leverage for a better contract, more power to him, but doing this the season after he was given a contract extension paying him 500k per season?? I find that unsettling. Not sure Norm will be the "lifer" we are all hoping he might be.
                          The college hockey media is generally terrible at doing their jobs all around. All of them
                          Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Arsène Wenger.
                            I'd be looking forward to the first "Wenger Out!" sign.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

From the Lowell Sun: UML AD shoots down rumors of Bazin to Denver

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

For the life of me I can't figure out why Norm actually considered leaving his Lowell job to take an AHL job, unless it was solely to get more $ from UML. If he wants to go for a pro job, he can more than prove himself at Lowell in order to get considered for an NHL gig. But since he did do three interviews for the Utica job, I too am inclined to believe that the reported interest between both sides was there. There are a number of potential factors that made him withdraw - uprooting his family, $$, not wanting to do the NCHC travel all among them.

For a Lowell fan, it has to be concerning that he's been speculated for a job change two years in a row for a non-NHL job. You have to wonder what would happen if a big-time college job at a highly prestigious school with a lot of money opened up that wouldn't require relocating his family, would allow his wife to continue her work at UML, and would be no change to his current team travel schedule... Still tough to see it happening, but Jerry's gettin' old.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X