ECAC Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC Awards

These are my guesses as to the ECAC awards for this season.

ECAC 1st Team
    F - Loren Gabel Clarkson - Jr
    F - Elizabeth Giguere Clarkson - Fr
    F - Carley Bullock Princeton - So
    D - Savannah Harmon Clarkson - Sr
    D - Lauren Wildfang Colgate - Sr
    G – Shea Tiley Clarkson - Sr

ECAC 2nd Team
    F – Kirsten O’Neill Cornell - So
    F – Michela Pezjlova Clarkson - So
    F – Hannah Miller SLU - Sr
    D – Jamie Bourbonnais Cornell - So
    D – Olivia Zafuto Colgate - Jr
    G – Julia Vandyke Colgate - Jr

ECAC 3rd Team
    F – Jessie Eldridge Colgate - Jr
    F – Kennedy Marchment SLU - Sr
    F – Katelynn Russ Union - So (A one woman scorer on Union, will probably not be chosen but I think she is deserving)
    D – Stephenie Sucharda Princeton - Jr
    D – Ella Shelton Clarkson - So
    G – Lovisa Selander RPI - Jr (Will Probably be Boissonault of Cornell but all the rubber Selander faced and her SV% she deserves the recongition)

All Rookie Team
    F – Elizabeth Giguere Clarkson
    F - Madlynne Mills Cornell
    F - Becca Gilmore Harvard
    D – Skylar Podvey SLU
    D – Emma Buckles Harvard
    G – Gianna Meloni Yale (No real outstanding Fr goalie in the ECAC, Co Co Francis Union would be my next choice)

ECAC Player of the Year – Loren Gabel
    ECAC Top Defenseman – Savannah Harmon
    ECAC Goalie of the Year – Shea Tiley
    ECAC Rookie of the Year - Elizabeth Giguere
    ECAC Coach of the Year – Greg Fargo Colgate or Matt Desrosiers Clarkson too close to call
    Last edited by vicb; 03-02-2018, 10:44 PM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Re: ECAC Awards

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    Glad you found Buckles. I like her a lot.

Comment

337 views so far and apparently no one else cares or has anything different to add.
      May be the players are looking at my choices and cannot comment.
      And Maybe the coaches are looking for names to fill out their ballots .
      Last edited by vicb; 03-01-2018, 12:08 PM.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

There's no ECAC ROTY?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

337 views so far and apparently no one else cares or has anything different to add.
          May be the players are looking at my choices and cannot comment.
          And Maybe the coaches are looking for names to fill out their ballots .
          Maybe because you loaded up on Clarkson and Colgate at the expense of other schools. I get that you're a fan of Clarkson but you lose credibility when you emphasize one or two schools. For instance, to not include Becca Gilmore on either the 2nd or 3rd team is ridiculous. And Chelsea Zaidie deserved 3rd team honors - she had to play heavier minutes than anyone you listed due to a short bench. I'll admit to a Harvard bias but I would have 'spread the wealth' as opposed to giving so much recognition to one school.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
            Maybe because you loaded up on Clarkson and Colgate at the expense of other schools. I get that you're a fan of Clarkson but you lose credibility when you emphasize one or two schools. For instance, to not include Becca Gilmore on either the 2nd or 3rd team is ridiculous. And Chelsea Zaidie deserved 3rd team honors - she had to play heavier minutes than anyone you listed due to a short bench. I'll admit to a Harvard bias but I would have 'spread the wealth' as opposed to giving so much recognition to one school.
            Finally something to argue about. I thought long and hard about my choices without my Green and Gold or Maroon and White glasses. I was trying to not be biased in my choices and I feel that all of the Clarkson and Colgate choices I picked were more deserving of my choice compared to other deserving candidates.

Why spread the wealth when you should consider those players that are the most deserving no matter what team they are on.

Gilmore you can argue a 3rd team slot, may be a 2nd team slot, and I would have no issue but look at my choices and tell me who you would eliminate and tell me why, just because too many of Clarkson or Colgate forwards are on the team. Right, that is really fair to them. I have no issue with Russ being eliminated for Gilmore.

Chelsie Zadie may have logged a lot of minutes, I have no way of looking at that compared to others who also logged a lot of minutes but she is 29th in points for all dmen, and has a +/- of NEGATIVE 16. How can you put someone on an all league team on defense when they have that for a +/-.
            Last edited by vicb; 03-01-2018, 01:16 PM.
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              There's no ECAC ROTY?
              You are correct I forgot the ROTY. And this is really gonna **** off Skate79.

Only 1 choice: Elizabeth Giguere Clarkson
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

With the exception already noted...Gilmore, these picks are pretty reasonable....look, both teams are very deep and talented and that is why the are co-champs However, let's not do an "or" for Coach of the Year when Fargo clearly deserves to be finally recognized for the turnaround at Colgate and the multiple records broken this season. I don't see how Fargo doesn't win regardless of how far Clarkson goes....

Comment

Originally posted by WH Fan View Post
                  ........However, let's not do an "or" for Coach of the Year when Fargo clearly deserves to be finally recognized for the turnaround at Colgate and the multiple records broken this season. I don't see how Fargo doesn't win regardless of how far Clarkson goes....
                  Well maybe I had my Green and Gold Glasses on with that one but I did recognize Fargo by putting him first in the pick statement.
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Well maybe I had my Green and Gold Glasses on with that one but I did recognize Fargo by putting him first in the pick statement.
                    Let's just hope Sunday's game includes both these top two coaches....we can give COY award to the winner of that game and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by WH Fan View Post
                      Let's just hope Sunday's game includes both these top two coaches....we can give COY award to the winner of that game and call it a day.
                      That would be one way to decide it. Not any guarantee that both will make it.

I know that Clarkson won all 4 games against SLU but the old adage about how tough it is to beat a good team more that 2 times in a season plus you have the rivalry aspect and you know the only way SLU makes the NC$$ tourney is if they win the ECAC Tourney gives them a lot of motivation. Not saying there is not motivation for Clarkson. They are on home ice but they have only won the ECAC crown one time (last year) out of the 4 times the ECAC Tourney has been held at Cheel and it is their rival and winning the ECAC tourney probably gets them the #2 seed in the NC$$ Tourney so I'm sure they will be up for this game. Gonna be very interesting to see who Wells starts in goal for SLU, Shelly or Harrison?

As for Colgate and Cornell, this one is gonna be one heck of a game. Cornell has a good shot at winning this game. They won at Lynah 2-1 and lost a shootout to Colgate 5-4 in Hamilton. In that game they had Gate down 3-1 in the final seconds of period 1 when they gave up a PP goal with 1 sec remaining and then they gave up the game winner on a Short Handed goal in period 3 with less than 5 minutes to go.

And if it is a Clarkson - Cornell final, in 2 of the previous ECAC Tourneys at Cheel and 1 that was held at Lynah, Cornell defeated Clarkson. Clarkson beat Cornell 1-0 last year to win it's only ECAC Championship.
                      Last edited by vicb; 03-01-2018, 02:49 PM.
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

long time viewer, but trouble with my account kept me from posting until today. when looking at ECAC rookies, consider Skarzynski. Led the team in points. Hard to get points on an 8th place team.

I think she finished with 26 PTS
                        Last edited by MAHOCKEY FAN; 03-02-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

http://www.ecachockey.com/women/2017...tseason_Awards
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

ECAC 1st Team
                            F - Loren Gabel Clarkson - Jr CHECK
                            F - Elizabeth Giguere Clarkson - Fr CHECK
                            F - Carley Bullock Princeton - So OOPS 3RD TEAM
                            D - Savannah Harmon Clarkson - Sr CHECK
                            D - Lauren Wildfang Colgate - Sr CHECK
                            G – Shea Tiley Clarkson - Sr CHECK

ECAC 2nd Team
                            F – Kirsten O’Neill Cornell - So OOPS FIRST TEAM
                            F – Michela Pezjlova Clarkson - So CHECK
                            F – Hannah Miller SLU - Sr CHECK
                            D – Jamie Bourbonnais Cornell - So CHECK
                            D – Olivia Zafuto Colgate - Jr OOPS MISSED ON THAT ONE
                            G – Julia Vandyke Colgate - Jr OOPS 3RD TEAM

ECAC 3rd Team
                            F – Jessie Eldridge Colgate - Jr OOPS 2ND TEAM
                            F – Kennedy Marchment SLU - Sr CHECK
                            F – Katelynn Russ Union - So OOPS MISSED ON THAT ONE
                            D – Stephenie Sucharda Princeton - Jr OOPS MISSED ON THAT ONE
                            D – Ella Shelton Clarkson - So OOPS 2ND TEAM
                            G – Lovisa Selander RPI - Jr OOPS 2ND TEAM

All Rookie Team
                            F – Elizabeth Giguere Clarkson CHECK
                            F - Madlynne Mills Cornell CHECK
                            F - Becca Gilmore Harvard CHECK
                            D – Skylar Podvey SLU CHECK
                            D – Emma Buckles Harvard CHECK
                            G – Gianna Meloni Yale CHECK

ECAC Player of the Year – Loren Gabel CHECK
                            ECAC Top Defenseman – Savannah Harmon CHECK
                            ECAC Goalie of the Year – Shea Tiley CHECK
                            ECAC Rookie of the Year - Elizabeth Giguere CHECK
                            ECAC Coach of the Year – Greg Fargo Colgate or Matt Desrosiers Clarkson OOPS SHOULD HAVE PUT HIM BEFORE FARGO
                            Actual Winners
                            FIRST TEAM ALL-LEAGUE
                            Forward Loren Gabel, Clarkson
                            Forward Elizabeth Giguere, Clarkson
                            Forward Kristin O'Neill, Cornell
                            Defense Savannah Harmon, Clarkson
                            Defense Lauren Wildfang, Colgate
                            Goaltender Shea Tiley, Clarkson

SECOND TEAM ALL-LEAGUE
                            Forward Jessie Eldridge, Colgate
                            Forward Michaela Pejzlova, Clarkson
                            Forward Hannah Miller, St. Lawrence
                            Defense Jaime Bourbonnais, Cornell
                            Defense Ella Shelton, Clarkson
                            Goaltender Lovisa Selander, Rensselaer

THIRD TEAM ALL-LEAGUE
                            Forward Carly Bullock, Princeton
                            Forward Shae Labbe, Colgate
                            Forward Kennedy Marchment, St. Lawrence
                            Defense Sarah Knee, Cornell
                            Defense Mallory Souliotis, Yale
                            Goaltender Julia Vandyk, Colgate

ALL-ROOKIE TEAM
                            Forward Elizabeth Giguere, Clarkson
                            Forward Becca Gilmore, Harvard
                            Forward Maddie Mills, Cornell
                            Defense Emma Buckles, Harvard
                            Defense Skylar Podvey, St. Lawrence
                            Goaltender Gianna Meloni, Yale

COACH OF YEAR
                            Matt Desrosiers, Clarkson

BEST DEFENSEMAN
                            Savannah Harmon, Clarkson

BEST FORWARD
                            Loren Gabel, Clarkson

ROOKIE OF YEAR
                            Elizabeth Giguere, Clarkson

GOALTENDER OF YEAR
                            Shea Tiley, Clarkson

PLAYER OF YEAR
                            Loren Gabel, Clarkson

Maybe because you loaded up on Clarkson and Colgate at the expense of other schools. I get that you're a fan of Clarkson but you lose credibility when you emphasize one or two schools. ........ I'll admit to a Harvard bias but I would have 'spread the wealth' as opposed to giving so much recognition to one school.
                            I rest my case. Congrats to all the winners. Very well deserved.

The dmen differences between my choices and the coaches based on stats that I used:

Zafuto, Colgate not chosen, tied for first in goals with 8, 5th in points with 18 and tied for 8th in +/- with +10. Maybe the fact that she led all dmen with 32 penalty min hurt her.
                            Sucharda, Princeton not chosen, tied for 18th in goals with 2, 8th in points with 15 and a 5th in +/- with +16. She was tied for 9th in pen min with 18.
                            Knee, Cornell 3rd team, tied for 5th in goals with 4, 6th in points with 17 and tied for 28th in +/- with +2. tied for 21st in pen min with 12
                            Souliotis, Yale 3rd team, tied for 5th in goals with 4, tied for 1st in points with 19 and tied for 41st in +/- with -1. tied for 39th in pen min with 8.

Having a low +/- rating apparently was overcome by low penalty minutes. Knee and Souliotis are deserving IMO.
                            And Labbe instead of Russ is probably a no brainer, very well deserved.
                            Last edited by vicb; 03-03-2018, 04:54 AM.
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

I rest my case.
                              “You, sir, are a steely-eyed rocket man.”

(Ed Harris, at Mission Control in Houston, to applaud the expertise of an engineer who figured out how to fix the over-burdened CO2 filter in the LEM --- lunar excursion module --- in Apollo 13 . . . that is, someone who knew what he was doing.)
                              Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 03-02-2018, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X