X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Guns, Guns, And More Guns

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    I'd start with a buy back program, at least.
    Were slave owners compensated?

F-ck em.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

F-ck em.
      Great analogy. The left is now more extreme than the right, congratulations.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        So we should just stick our heads in the sand and pretend that all of these mass shootings didn't happen?

How ignorant are you????
        Statistically it's more dangerous getting to school (the trip to/from) than being there.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Statistically it's more dangerous getting to school (the trip to/from) than being there.
          when's the last bus crash that killed 17+ kids? And then before that?
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Statistically it's more dangerous to own a gun than it is to not own one. So I guess if you want to use statistics, we probably shouldn't have guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I think the point, though, is we don't need to repeal the 2nd to have solid gun control. Real gun control is completely compatible with a non-sociopathic interpretation of the 2nd Amendment, which is basically anything pre-Heller. All we need is a long enough string of Democratic presidents to appoint a SCOTUS to overrule Heller the way they overruled Dred Scott, Plessy, and Lochner (and the way they will eventually overrule McCutcheon).
              Wow.
              Kep is talking about skirting the Constitution via ideological judicial appointments; meanwhile, I'm agreeing with Justice JP Stevens' approach, namely, just follow the process.

Want to deal with guns? If you're going to do it, do it right, via Article V. We'll quickly find out where the People, and the several States, stand.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Kep is talking about skirting the Constitution via ideological judicial appointments
                I'm talking about restoring the Constitution to what it meant before the GOP f-ckstains packed it with their partisan hacks. But nice try.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

F-ck em.
                  Weren’t they given 40 acres and a mule?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I think the point, though, is we don't need to repeal the 2nd to have solid gun control.
                    The societal image of guns is the primary barrier at this point.

I think the point is that to get real change society needed to admit that women really are as competent as men in the workplace - or that cigarettes are bad period rather than 'saying maybe you should shave a pack a day off your 3 pack a day habit'.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      The societal image of guns is the primary barrier at this point.

I think the point is that to get real change society needed to admit that women really are as competent as men in the workplace - or that cigarettes are bad period rather than 'saying maybe you should shave a pack a day off your 3 pack a day habit'.
                      The societal image of guns has nothing to do with guns. It's an arbitrary cultural totem. It's just like their loser flag; a fetish they crave to tell themselves they're not the loser they see in the mirror every morning. A population of backwater rubes who had a 200-year head start on most Americans but had neither the intelligence nor drive to make anything of themselves but a lazy Tobacco Road peasantry dependent on government handouts.

If I were designing a way for knucks to discredit themselves with the broader public I could not have come up with an idea better than their gun fondling. They are turning their public image into that of pinwheel-eyed terrorists. That's scary and I'm sure it will eventually lead to at least sporadic political violence, but it's also very useful in removing them as a credible force in US politics outside a few backwash mouthbreather hellholes.

Let them clutch their guns and Bibles even tighter. Let them wave them around like spastics and spew their batsh-t crazy ideas. Let them kill a few innocents here and there, just like their lynching, church-bombing grandpappies. Let them commit political suicide.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 03-28-2018, 10:52 AM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• T̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶a̶y̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶N̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶L̶a̶w̶s̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶d̶a̶n̶g̶e̶r̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶K̶n̶i̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶V̶i̶o̶l̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶v̶i̶d̶e̶o̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶V̶i̶o̶l̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶d̶i̶a̶ Bikes
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The societal image of guns has nothing to do with guns. It's an arbitrary cultural totem. It's just like their loser flag; a fetish they crave to tell themselves they're not the loser they see in the mirror every morning. A population of backwater rubes who had a 200-year head start on most Americans but had neither the intelligence nor drive to make anything of themselves but a lazy Tobacco Road peasantry dependent on government handouts.

If I were designing a way for knucks to discredit themselves with the broader public I could not have come up with an idea better than their gun fondling. They are turning their public image into that of pinwheel-eyed terrorists. That's scary and I'm sure it will eventually lead to at least sporadic political violence, but it's also very useful in removing them as a credible force in US politics outside a few backwash mouthbreather hellholes.

Let them clutch their guns and Bibles even tighter. Let them wave them around like spastics and spew their batsh-t crazy ideas. Let them kill a few innocents here and there, just like their lynching, church-bombing grandpappies. Let them commit political suicide.
                          I wouldn't hold my breath on the right 'committing political suicide'. In spite of predictions, that hasn't happened in the millennia in which its existed.

Societal change on a topic happens when and only when the majority of societal attitudes shift enough. Slavery, women rights, civil rights, tobacco, gay rights, its always the same. Guns needs to be next up.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Gun owners are the worst. Maybe after they are sorted you can go after golfers. We need to make sure that all fun is banished from our country.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Gun owners are the worst. Maybe after they are sorted you can go after golfers. We need to make sure that all fun is banished from our country.
                              strawman of epic proportions. debate the argument at hand, not the made-up one in your head.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                I wouldn't hold my breath on the right 'committing political suicide'. In spite of predictions, that hasn't happened in the millennia in which its existed.

Societal change on a topic happens when and only when the majority of societal attitudes shift enough. Slavery, women rights, civil rights, tobacco, gay rights, its always the same. Guns needs to be next up.
                                Not the right, but this particularly malevolent turn on the wheel of fortune. There actually used to be a right in this country that wasn't mentally deficient. But they've been dead since the mid-70s.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X