X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Guns, Guns, And More Guns

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    I love the willingness to do a complete mind shift in order to problem solve. Its a total relic.

Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens : Repeal the Second Amendment

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ent/461672002/
    I think the point, though, is we don't need to repeal the 2nd to have solid gun control. Real gun control is completely compatible with a non-sociopathic interpretation of the 2nd Amendment, which is basically anything pre-Heller. All we need is a long enough string of Democratic presidents to appoint a SCOTUS to overrule Heller the way they overruled Dred Scott, Plessy, and Lochner (and the way they will eventually overrule McCutcheon).
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I think the point, though, is we don't need to repeal the 2nd to have solid gun control. Real gun control is completely compatible with a non-sociopathic interpretation of the 2nd Amendment, which is basically anything pre-Heller. All we need is a long enough string of Democratic presidents to appoint a SCOTUS to overrule Heller the way they overruled Dred Scott, Plessy, and Lochner (and the way they will eventually overrule McCutcheon).
      Nobody seems to realize that the gun control measures that have been put in place on a federal level were found legal by the SCOTUS.

Including the recent "assault weapons" ban- who many thought was a terrible law because it was so vague.

Again, pretty much all of the ideas are similar to all of the legal restrictions put on the rest of the amendments. If you are limited to a 5 round magazine that can only empty that in 5 seconds, you STILL have a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Not USSR: ATF, DHS, FBI. And if not them, ISIS. If you're not ready for them, that's on you, baby.
        ATF.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.

Sounds like a convenience store.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          ATF.
          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.

Sounds like a convenience store.
          It does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Repealing the Second Amendment just makes things a lot easier. It’s the hill that the NRA and the ammosexuals fight on, so let’s get rid of it.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

"For all those who believe that schools are under siege like never before, it is instructive to take a statistical road trip back in time. ... Over the past quarter-century, on average about 10 students are slain in school shootings annually.

Compare the school fatality rate with the more than 100 school-age children accidentally killed each year riding their bikes or walking to school. Congress might be too timid to pass gun legislation to protect children, but how about a national bicycle helmet law for minors? Half of the states do not require them. There is no NRA — National Riding Association — opposing that.
              " -- James Alan Fox, Lipman Professor of Criminology, Law and Public Policy at Northeastern University, in USA Today, Feb 19, 2018
              https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/349380002/
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Interesting thought, though. I wonder if an effort to repeal the 2nd would be divisive in the way the passage of the 13th was.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Nobody seems to realize that the gun control measures that have been put in place on a federal level were found legal by the SCOTUS.

Including the recent "assault weapons" ban- who many thought was a terrible law because it was so vague.

Again, pretty much all of the ideas are similar to all of the legal restrictions put on the rest of the amendments. If you are limited to a 5 round magazine that can only empty that in 5 seconds, you STILL have a gun.
                  Would you grandfather existing guns/mags?
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Repealing the Second Amendment just makes things a lot easier. It’s the hill that the NRA and the ammosexuals fight on, so let’s get rid of it.
                    Can you ever get 2/3 of the Congress, a signature from the President and 2/3 of the States?

I prefer to change the culture rather than change the fouundation.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Bahahahahahaha. Please tell me you forgot the emoji indicating some sort of joke in this???

Comment

Can you ever get 2/3 of the Congress, a signature from the President and 2/3 of the States?
                        Um, 2/3 of Congrees and 3/4 of the States.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Interesting thought, though. I wonder if an effort to repeal the 2nd would be divisive in the way the passage of the 13th was.
                          The only good thing about a national movement to repeal the 2nd would be that the serious nutters -- the 0.1% who unironically believe all the crap that the NRA and InfoWars peddle -- would get their Ted Kaczynski on and go out guns a-blazing. It might be worth it just to flush them out.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Would you grandfather existing guns/mags?
                            No. why should we? If they are not legal, there's no reason to keep them on the street.

I'd start with a buy back program, at least.

Comment

The culture that you and people like you have set up in the last 40 years is EXACTLY why it needs to be done. The whole of the gun "system" (owners, lobby, makers, ect) have shown that they are not capable of handling the responsibility of guns. You say a lot of words, and pretend that you care, but we are in this position thanks to you guys.

Comment

So we should just stick our heads in the sand and pretend that all of these mass shootings didn't happen?

How ignorant are you????

Comment

Working...
                                X