This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Guns, Guns, And More Guns

And where were all these anti flame thrower people when Obama used a cigarette lighter?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
      And where were all these anti flame thrower people when Obama used a cigarette lighter?
      That wasn't a cigarette.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        that wasn't a cigarette.
        :d

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Students shouldn't be walking around the halls carrying knives. How is that helpful in any way?

Its impossible for a student to kill 21 others with a knife. The killing of 21 with guns is not just possible...it happens. Gun advocates would be best to not use this argument. It always works against them.
          The underlined was the "ding!" I have been for more gun control, and yet, here's someone who just found a different way to create carnage. It's the CULTURE of weapons (no matter what kind) that needs to change.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            It's the CULTURE of weapons (no matter what kind) that needs to change.
            You mean people thinking they have to have them?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              You mean people thinking they have to have them?
              Part of that, and people thinking they have to use them to settle any ol' dispute or issue.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                The underlined was the "ding!" I have been for more gun control, and yet, here's someone who just found a different way to create carnage. It's the CULTURE of weapons (no matter what kind) that needs to change.
                And yet, even a dimbulb such as yourself will ha've to admit that certain weapons create greater carnage, more easily, and with deadlier results.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Kid injured with rubber band. Teacher overturns ban on running with scissors.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    And yet, even a dimbulb such as yourself will ha've to admit that certain weapons create greater carnage, more easily, and with deadlier results.
                    And a pompous arse like yourself can get off his pedestal and realize that I'm not a herpaderp that wants all the guns. And there is no apostrophe in "have."

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      And a pompous arse like yourself can get off his pedestal and realize that I'm not a herpaderp that wants all the guns. And there is no apostrophe in "have."
                      Oooooooh, got me there.

Comment

I disagree with Brent on many things, but he's not a dim bulb, and I believe he is sincere in his posts. And I realize we roughhouse all the time around here and that the "dimbulb" comment is just some of that.

Comment

The knife did way less damage than an AR15. Laws are about damage mitigation. You will never get rid of murder. Ever.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            The knife did way less damage than an AR15. Laws are about damage mitigation. You will never get rid of murder. Ever.
                            Exactly. And the depressed guy who comes home drunk and angry, grabs a gun and offs himself. No gun right at hand, and that doesn't happen. He might still end up offing himself, but it would take some time and planning, and possibly time for him to reconsider his decision. Not make a rash, impulsive choice that can never be undone

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Exactly. And the depressed guy who comes home drunk and angry, grabs a gun and offs himself. No gun right at hand, and that doesn't happen. He might still end up offing himself, but it would take some time and planning, and possibly time for him to reconsider his decision. Not make a rash, impulsive choice that can never be undone
                              Also, if you don't use a gun you're probably going to f-ck it up.

I'm interested in "other."
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Also, if you don't use a gun you're probably going to f-ck it up.

I'm interested in "other."
                                So, gun, pretty much a done deal every time

Comment

Working...
                                X