• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Guns, Guns, And More Guns

21 people stabbed at a PA school.

Ban knives.

Being half-facetious.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      21 people stabbed at a PA school.

Ban knives.

Being half-facetious.
      Students shouldn't be walking around the halls carrying knives. How is that helpful in any way?

Its impossible for a student to kill 21 others with a knife. The killing of 21 with guns is not just possible...it happens. Gun advocates would be best to not use this argument. It always works against them.
      Last edited by 5mn_Major; 03-08-2018, 10:35 AM.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Half-facetious, full derp.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Students shouldn't be walking around the halls carrying knives. How is that helpful in any way?

Its impossible for a student to kill 21 others with a knife. The killing of 21 with guns is not just possible...it happens. Gun advocates would be best to not use this argument. It always works against them.
          Slit throats, stab heart, cut a major artery? One death is a tragedy.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Sure. Let's ban knives in schools.

But I'm sure the other 20 would be glad that a knife was all that was available to the assailant.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
              So what are 17? 46?

You seriously want to talk about banning knives before we do something about guns, or are you just being a dink?
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                So what are 17? 46?

You seriously want to talk about banning knives before we do something about guns, or are you just being a dink?
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    So what are 17? 46?

Talk about banning knives is simply an obtuse mean designed to expose the stupidity in blaming a mass loss of life on the implement.

Oh, and if the concern is numbers relative to a knife, how about we use Elon Musk's flame thrower as an example.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Talk about banning knives is simply an obtuse mean designed to expose the stupidity in blaming a mass loss of life on the implement.

Oh, and if the concern is numbers relative to a knife, how about we use Elon Musk's flame thrower as an example.
                      Hence my post at 9:37 last night.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

I'm going to guess that anyone in favor of gun control is all for flame thrower control, too.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          I'm going to guess that anyone in favor of gun control is all for flame thrower control, too.
                          I'll give you mine when you pry it from my charred black hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            Flame wars taken literally!
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              I'm also in favor of Rocket Launcher Control, if that's next on the derp list from our Second Amendment argument heroes
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I'm not in favor of flame thrower control...as long as they say Spaceballs The Flamethrower on them...anyone should be allowed to have one of those.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X