This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Guns, Guns, And More Guns

Of course less guns means less shootings. Can't go by raw numbers, though. Have to look at percentages for crime stats and all that jazz. There was some guy on a local radio station (KFAN, he was with Barreiro) that had the numbers that violent crime involving guns was down, despite all time highs of people with guns in MN.

I wish I could remember the guy's name, he's a regular on the show, but it was interesting to hear.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Guns, Guns, And More Guns

lol. I got neg-repped (neutral rep, technically) for this comment:

You’re right and fade is right. They aren’t going anywhere.
    bizarre
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Let’s hold off on gun control and talk about video games

At a subsequent news conference, Sullivan, a Republican, said he was skeptical of a pair of ideas endorsed by President Donald Trump — arming teachers with guns and raising the minimum age to buy an assault rifle to 21 from 18. He focused his comments not on guns but on violence in video games and movies, saying researchers need to study whether we're "poisoning the minds of our children."

"If you're playing 'Call of Duty' or whatever every day for 15 years as a kid, which is all about how many people you can kill, you don't think that has an impact on the way our kids are thinking?" Sullivan said.
      Of course this is cherry in this article:
      And he said he wants more research on the causes of school violence, though he added that he was unaware of the existence of the Dickey Amendment.
      A sitting US Senator folks.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I played violent video games for years and years...you don't see me shooting anyone. The video game argument is a steaming pile of sh* if you ask me. The same with violent movies; hell, American Psycho and Natural Born Killers are two of my favorites of all time, and that's about as violent as you can get for cinema.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I played violent video games for years and years...you don't see me shooting anyone. The video game argument is a steaming pile of sh* if you ask me. The same with violent movies; hell, American Psycho and Natural Born Killers are two of my favorites of all time, and that's about as violent as you can get for cinema.
          I played Mortal Kombat and Twisted Metal. No road rage, no running around yelling "FINISH HIM!" and executing fatalities.

The "violent video games" were used as an argument after Columbine, too.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Why enforce the law? What's the point?
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Follow up to my post on how the President has been lying to everyone about bump stocks.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Good to see those coming out for gun control and many posters who have moved on the issue. Few here on the side of gun control 5-10 years ago. No big shock that deaths have continued to spin out of control since then.

A few points:

1. The purpose of the 2nd is to allow people to protect themselves against a domineering government - not to be used against other citizens even in the case of self defense. Mason, the father of the Constitution, was for gun control before it was even needed.

2. The data points to more guns resulting in more casualties and deaths. Its more than suspicious that the government has banned research to be smarter on the issue.

3. Limiting solutions 'what can be approved' is a cop out. Gun pervasiveness need to be reduced. Any gun with high rates of fire (or modifications of such purposes) need to be banned. And guns need to be taken off the streets. Any lesser goals will result in no change.

As we let this slide faar too long, we need drastic action. Do you think society would have moved away from smoking if we just set societal goals at 'just don't smoke more than a pack a day'?

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        There was some guy on a local radio station (KFAN, he was with Barreiro) that had the numbers that violent crime involving guns was down, despite all time highs of people with guns in MN.
                        People mess this up all the time:

The percentage of U.S. households with guns has been trending downward for years. However, gun-owning households have more firearms than they used to — 8 on average vs 4 in 1994 — so the number of guns in the U.S. has actually gone up, per an analysis of multiple polls.

https://www.axios.com/the-percentage...91641d80f.html
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Dicks sporting goods will stop selling assault rifles and not sell guns to anyone under 18.

Gun people can drown in their tears. It won’t hurt dicks. No ones rights are being infringed

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Dicks sporting goods will stop selling assault rifles and not sell guns to anyone under 18.

Gun people can drown in their tears. It won’t hurt dicks. No ones rights are being infringed
                            you mean under 21

Dicks also called for a complete ban on assault style weapons, a universal database of those banned from owning firearms, and more comprehensive background checks that include all interactions with police and mental health screening

all the trumptards on Facebook are saying they'll never shop there again

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              you mean under 21

Dicks also called for a complete ban on assault style weapons, a universal database of those banned from owning firearms, and more comprehensive background checks that include all interactions with police and mental health screening

all the trumptards on Facebook are saying they'll never shop there again
                              Ah yes I meant 21.

Comment

Working...
                              X