X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Guns, Guns, And More Guns

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    I thought it had already been renamed the Marco Rubio?
    That also works.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Immigration is not guns. No one fears the immigration issue...half of Congress fears the NRA and is in their pocket. His entire base is NRA gun fellators that believe the 2nd Amendment was written by Jesus with the muzzle of an AR-15 in the blood of a young Black Child and now he is on record saying the one thing none of them want to hear. These people arent rational, they wont see it as "he is just trolling" the mere mention of background checks makes them crap their pants. NRA voters are like abortion voters...they are all in on one issue.

Remember Trump has little margin for error. He has to hold every vote of the 33% or he is going to be in serious trouble. There is video of him saying it might be better to take guns away BEFORE people commit violent acts. If you dont think that is going to adversely effect him then you might be beyond help.

Lets put it this way...the problem with the Dems is you need to pass the purity test right? If you arent Progressive enough the Bernie Bros hate you and if you arent centrist enough the Clintonistas dislike you. Well the GOP only has that problem on a few issues and #1 is guns. Any waffling on that issue is bad.
      Scott Brown is a great recent example of this.

The only thing I can think is that he is setting congresss up to be the hero’s as far as preventing something bad from passing and it helps republicans keep/gain seats in the fall.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Scott Brown is a great recent example of this.

The only thing I can think is that he is setting congresss up to be the hero’s as far as preventing something bad from passing and it helps republicans keep/gain seats in the fall.
        You totally misspelled "Trump or Trump's family have the ability to profit from this."

You might want to uninstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Internet Security from your computer. It's obviously changing your posts after you type them.

I personally use Avast for my computer.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

TRUMP: Do you have support for that, bipartisan support for what you’re saying?

TOOMEY: We had 54 votes in 2013. Most of those 54 voters are still in the Senate.

TRUMP: And not a lot of presidential backup?

TOOMEY: President Obama did support it.

TRUMP: But that was your problem.
          Sigh.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            You totally misspelled "Trump or Trump's family have the ability to profit from this."

You might want to uninstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Internet Security from your computer. It's obviously changing your posts after you type them.

I personally use Avast for my computer.
            You know, many years ago when Kaspersky was first getting touted as a great product, all I could think to myself was, "THere isn't a chance in hell I'm installing a Russian-made antivirus on any computer I own."

I felt quite vindicated when it came out they were basically a front.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              After seeing yet another post from a Gun Nut about how the AR-15 is not an assault rifle while responding to Dick's Sporting Goods news, I've decided to create a new nickname for that weapon:

GTUTSUSAKIC

Gun That's Used To Shoot Up Schools And Kill Innocent Children

That should make it more clear as to the type of weapon being discussed.
              The nuts will be along later to gun-splain to you that "your hyperbole isn't helping the narrative", or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Exactly. Him being on record as being pro gun confiscation and harsher guidelines is a net negative for him in every way so the Dems should make sure his base remembers it by applauding him for it.
                This. I mentioned earlier that Trump can peacock and what everyone else is saying: gun law changes. And given the recent developments, none of it will pass. However (at least in his mind for sure) HE looks good. He tried to pass stuff that people want, but that darn government shut him down.

That being said, his voters are furious, and it could (and should) show that in the next election (if he makes it that far).
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  Its already been shown the mere presence of guns increases the likelihood of casualties. Can you imagine a scenario where some troubled kids are going to want to start bringing a gun to school in order to make sure that tough, armed teacher doesn't take advantage of them? MNS...does that district include OK Corral High?
                  North White school district in Monon, IN. It's a rural district. Maybe 20 or so miles north of Lafayette. I guess police response time isn't the best, which is why it was approved in the first place.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

GA lawmakers take their punitive action against the states largest employer, only really hurting themselves.

Recind $50mm jet fuel tax break.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      This. I mentioned earlier that Trump can peacock and what everyone else is saying: gun law changes. And given the recent developments, none of it will pass. However (at least in his mind for sure) HE looks good. He tried to pass stuff that people want, but that darn government shut him down.

That being said, his voters are furious, and it could (and should) show that in the next election (if he makes it that far).
                      I don't buy it. He'll skate, just like he always does. Doesn't matter what's "on the record".

WASHINGTON — The top lobbyist for the National Rifle Association claimed late Thursday that President Trump had retreated from his surprising support a day earlier for gun control measures after a meeting with N.R.A. officials and Vice President Mike Pence in the Oval Office.

The lobbyist, Chris Cox, posted on Twitter just after 9 p.m. that he met with Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence, saying that “we all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don’t want gun control. #NRA #MAGA.”

Mr. Trump tweeted about an hour later, “Good (Great) meeting in the Oval Office tonight with the NRA!”

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary, declined to provide details about the previously unannounced meeting. A spokeswoman for the N.R.A.’s lobbying arm, which Mr. Cox leads, did not respond to requests for further comment.
                      https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/01/u...n-control.html

Comment

How many special interest groups can have a meeting with the president and vice president whenever they want?
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

How many special interest groups can have a meeting with the president and vice president whenever they want?
                          Excellent question.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            Also, how many special interest groups act as the official mouthpiece for the Office of the President stating what POTUS/VPOTUS "says" without having official White House correspondence first?
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Also, how many special interest groups act as the official mouthpiece for the Office of the President stating what POTUS/VPOTUS "says" without having official White House correspondence first?
                              How many Presidents have been 7th graders?

Comment

The answer is 'D - all of the above'
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X