X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Guns, Guns, And More Guns

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    I don't want to change the subject from Trump taking our guns, but remember how arming teachers might not be the best idea?
    but did you die?!?!?!!?!?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      He didn't go through the extended training that I think teachers need to go through.
      Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      Bill to arm teachers passes TN House subcommittee

It's already been legal here in IN for 5 years, but it has to be approved by the school board. Only one school district has approved it, and it's for administrators only. There is talk of opening it up to teachers, but so far it is just talk.

I went shooting with some coworkers the other day, and it definitely solidified in my mind that arming teachers is a bad idea.
      Its already been shown the mere presence of guns increases the likelihood of casualties. Can you imagine a scenario where some troubled kids are going to want to start bringing a gun to school in order to make sure that tough, armed teacher doesn't take advantage of them? MNS...does that district include OK Corral High?
      Go Gophers!

Comment

It's already been legal here in IN for 5 years, but it has to be approved by the school board. Only one school district has approved it, and it's for administrators only. There is talk of opening it up to teachers, but so far it is just talk.

I went shooting with some coworkers the other day, and it definitely solidified in my mind that arming teachers is a bad idea.
        I did a practical shotgun event a year or two ago not knowing anything about it. I figured it might be more instructional and, you know, practical. It was not.

It was a nicer name for “tactical”. And it was some of the sloppiest handling of guns I had ever seen in my life. At one point when I was resetting the targets in the field I was walking back to the firing area and I was blinded by the low sun. When I got my hand up to block the sun there was a shotgun being pointed at me. I just about fell to the ground. The guy was sighting in his gun, empty. But he was excoriated by the guy running the event and told him one more move like that and he’s banned.

The majority of the rest of the guys were definitely the type who masturbate to guns.

I never went back.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm sure the subcommittee heard a lot of testimony from teachers' groups to support this.

Comment

If Mookie was teaching he'd want a gun so he could sell it and pocket the $$

Ammo too
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              The thing that I find concerning is that he either thinks he can make in-roads with the anti-gun crowd or that people who are pro gun won’t abandon him. Both positions are completely delusional. He desperately wants to pass legislation, regardless of how flawed it is, and I’m sure he sees this as another opportunity. It’s hard to believe he completely missed everything that happened after Newtown.
              LOL. What he says in a meeting in the White House is meaningless. Look at DACA. He moved the goal posts. A bipartisan Immigration bill was brought to him, he said he would sign it, the White House rejected it. Same thing will happen with this issue. He's playing the Democrats for fools.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think Trump is furious that HIGH SCHOOL KIDS are making all this noise and making him look bad, so he said that stuff about taking away guns, siding with raising the age, etc. and also "You're afraid of the NRA." I also think he's feeling the walls closing in on him so he's saying that and if the republicans in Congress do whatever they can to make this FBI investigation go away, or be stopped, or whatever, he'll change his vote/stance back to guns, guns and more guns are OK!!!

Comment

Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska) has an unfortunate track record of making cringe-worthy comments. The most striking example that comes to mind was a story from four years ago when the Republican congressman spoke at an Alaskan high school, less than a week after a student had committed suicide.

Young proceeded to use “salty language,” told a story “that involved flying to Paris to get drunk,” compared marriage equality to “bull sex,” and said the boy who committed suicide must have lacked support from his friends and family. Asked to explain himself after the appearance, the GOP lawmaker added that welfare may have also led to the student’s death.

But as offensive as that was, Young may have topped himself.

Jewish people would have been able to fend off the Nazis if not for gun-control laws imposed by the Third Reich, Rep. Don Young, a Republican from Alaska, argued last week.

“How many millions were shot and killed because they were unarmed?” Young asked at an event in Juneau, Alaska, before answering his own question. “Fifty million in Russia because their citizens were unarmed. How many Jews were put into the ovens because they were unarmed?”

If this seems at all familiar, it’s probably because Young isn’t the first Republican to suggest gun control contributed to the Nazi Holocaust. During his presidential campaign in 2015, Ben Carson argued, “]T]he likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed.”

Jonathan Greenblatt, the national director of the Anti-Defamation League, explained at the time that Carson “has a right to his views on gun control, but the notion that Hitler’s gun-control policy contributed to the Holocaust is historically inaccurate.” Greenblatt added that “gun control did not cause the Holocaust.”
                  http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Ban axes! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ry-school.html

Comment

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Guns, Guns, And More Guns

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Need Handy's picture. Zero dead Flaggy. If she would have had an AR15 there would have been another dozen or more.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Ignoring the trolling. But holy crap that photo!
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          LOL. What he says in a meeting in the White House is meaningless. Look at DACA. He moved the goal posts. A bipartisan Immigration bill was brought to him, he said he would sign it, the White House rejected it. Same thing will happen with this issue. He's playing the Democrats for fools.
                          No he isnt because it isnt like they are giving him anything cause he said it. No Dem believes him just like they didnt believe him on tax reform or health care. They fell for it on DACA and he burned them they wont do it again.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I posted that yesterday Crazy huh...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              No he isnt because it isnt like they are giving him anything cause he said it. No Dem believes him just like they didnt believe him on tax reform or health care. They fell for it on DACA and he burned them they wont do it again.
                              I heard a prominent Democrat who is falling for it this morning. They are getting fooled again.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X