This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Honest question: do you avoid Tom Cruise movies because of his scientology following? Or not listen to (insert artist) because of their political views?

There are many actors/actresses/artists I don't agree with, but that is their personal side. They still may make or be part of a very entertaining product, you know?
    That is hardly apples to oranges. I am not watching the new Roseanne reboot because of an alarming amount of information coming out about her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      That is hardly apples to oranges. I am not watching the new Roseanne reboot because of an alarming amount of information coming out about her.
      Same. I also haven’t seen a cruise movie in a good decade

Comment

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Guns, Guns, And More Guns

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        And that's fine. I am curious about if personal views of a consumer carry over to all of a celebrity's product.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Honest question: do you avoid Tom Cruise movies because of his scientology following? Or not listen to (insert artist) because of their political views?

There are many actors/actresses/artists I don't agree with, but that is their personal side. They still may make or be part of a very entertaining product, you know?
          I avoid Tom Cruise movies because they suck. His personal beliefs also do not call into question whether or not people with which his views differ have souls. His belief in Scientology also has very little possibility of ever causing me any direct harm, so even if I personally find it not to my liking, meh, live and let live. Nugent's ultra extreme views about guns in our society advocate things that are empirically proven to cause more danger and harm than they prevent. On this if you argue differently it is like arguing 2+6= 457. It is far more than just I may differ in political viewpoint than someone. I hear Jeff Jackson at one point and possibly still watches FOX News. Our political views probably don't align. But he's not spewing forth rhetoric that has the potential to make our society less safe, so I'm not quite ready to quit rooting for Notre Dame's hockey team.

Comment

And that's fine. I am curious about if personal views of a consumer carry over to all of a celebrity's product.
            Also while I am not sure if the Nuge music is going into the crapper I can guarantee he ain't getting another penny of my money. He get's nothing if I crank up Great White Buffalo on a Saturday afternoon, so there's that, but I would never consider spending money on new music of his or seeing him perform. Possibly hypocritical on my part which is why I am conflicted.

Comment

I really think he'd be shooting back. He's nuts.
              You do know that, the one time in his life when he was presented with a chance to shoot back, he literally did crap his pants, right?

Ted Nugent: Ted was a young boy, appearing to be a hippie but quite opposite in fact, working hard and playing hard, playing rock and roll like a deviant. People would question my sanity, I played so much. So I got my notice to be in the draft. Do you think I was gonna lay down my guitar and go play army? Give me a break! I was busy doin’ it to it. I had a career Jack. If I was walkin’ around, hippying down, getting’ loaded and pickin’ my *** like your common curs, I’d say “Hey yeah, go in the army. Beats the poop out of scuffin’ around in the gutters.” But I wasn’t a gutter dog. I was a hard workin’, mother****in’ rock and roll musician.

I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin’ and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin’ kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered poop, little jars of Polish sausages, and I’d drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, **** the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.

See, I approached the whole thing like, Ted Nugent, cool hard-workin’ dude, is gonna wreak havoc on these imbeciles in the armed forces. I’m gonna play their own game, and I’m gonna destroy ‘em. Now my whole body is crusted in poop and ****. I was ill. And three or four days before, I started stayin’ awake. I was close to death, but I was in control. I was extremely antidrug as I’ve always been, but I snorted some crystal methedrine. Talk about one wounded mother****er. A guy put up four lines, and it was for all four of us, but I didn’t know and I’m vacuuming that poop right up. I was a walking, talking hunk of human poop. I was six-foot-three of sin. So the guys took me down to the physical, and my nerves, my emotions were distraught. I was not a good person. I was wounded. But as painful and nauseous as it was – ‘cause I was really into bein’ clean and on the ball – I made gutter swine hippies look like football players. I was deviano.

So I went in, and those guys in uniform couldn’t believe the smell. They were ridiculin’ me and pushin’ me around and I was cryin’, but all the time I was laughin’ to myself. When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test I passed out, and when I came to they were kicking me into the wall. Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, “Oh my God, put those back on! You ****ing swine you!” Then they had a urine test and I couldn’t ****, But my poop was just like ooze, man, so I poop in the cup and put it on the counter. I had poop on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat. The last thing I remember was wakin’ up in the ear test booth and they were sweepin’ up. So I went home and cleaned up.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Same. I also haven’t seen a cruise movie in a good decade
                I thought Jack Reacher was decent. Edge of Tomorrow was good.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Nugent had one and a half good songs. The line of talent ahead of him circles the country and laps itself. But your point is valid.

Oblivion. (just to clarify was referring to a really good Cruise movie).
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    I avoid Tom Cruise movies because they suck. His personal beliefs also do not call into question whether or not people with which his views differ have souls. His belief in Scientology also has very little possibility of ever causing me any direct harm, so even if I personally find it not to my liking, meh, live and let live. Nugent's ultra extreme views about guns in our society advocate things that are empirically proven to cause more danger and harm than they prevent. On this if you argue differently it is like arguing 2+6= 457. It is far more than just I may differ in political viewpoint than someone. I hear Jeff Jackson at one point and possibly still watches FOX News. Our political views probably don't align. But he's not spewing forth rhetoric that has the potential to make our society less safe, so I'm not quite ready to quit rooting for Notre Dame's hockey team.
                    Alright, and thank you. I don't know his new music (if he has any). As far as Cruise goes, or any other artist I still separate personal/professional, no matter the extreme. I will admit if that is hypocritical, than I am a hypocrite in that aspect.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      Funny thing is, Ted Nugent would cower in fear and crap his pants if he was ever in a situation where bullets were flying around him.
                      He dodged Vietnam by literally crapping himself so yeah...

edit: French beat me, his post has the details
                      Last edited by trixR4kids; 03-31-2018, 04:37 PM.

Comment

If there's a celeb who needed to be told "shut up and sing" eons ago, it's Ted. He's nuts. I remember most of Michigan was quite glad when he permanently moved to Texas 10-15 years ago.

Comment

WRT Ted's statements, what does that have to do with anything? He is calling kid, who went though a deadly shooting of 17 of their classmates and demanding change, soul less. How does asking for some kind of gun controls make you soul less?? How dumb is ted?

Tom Cruise does not go out spouting scientology crap and try belittle other people like that.

I agree with rufus- he's a coward and a bully. Much like the moron in the white house.

The brave are the ones who stand up to bullies like him, which in this case, are the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            You do know that, the one time in his life when he was presented with a chance to shoot back, he literally did crap his pants, right?
                            So ted was, and still is, a crybaby. Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              WRT Ted's statements, what does that have to do with anything? He is calling kid, who went though a deadly shooting of 17 of their classmates and demanding change, soul less. How does asking for some kind of gun controls make you soul less?? How dumb is ted?

Tom Cruise does not go out spouting scientology crap and try belittle other people like that.

I agree with rufus- he's a coward and a bully. Much like the moron in the white house.

The brave are the ones who stand up to bullies like him, which in this case, are the kids.
                              That is why I asked the question I did. I think Ted's nuts, but his music is awesome. I am not a fan of drugs (to say the least), but yet I listen to the music of people who use them. I despise organized religion (and some spout hate) yet I watch their movies or listen to their music. I'm not judging others' choices here. I am genuinely curious if some separate personal/professional, or have a complete policy on such things. That's all.

Eric Clapton said some very evil things back in the day, and he remains one of my fave musicians. He's retracted them in recent years, said he has changed, and that's his business. I listen to his stuff because it's incredible.

Comment

That is why I asked the question I did. I think Ted's nuts, but his music is awesome. I am not a fan of drugs (to say the least), but yet I listen to the music of people who use them. I despise organized religion (and some spout hate) yet I watch their movies or listen to their music. I'm not judging others' choices here. I am genuinely curious if some separate personal/professional, or have a complete policy on such things. That's all.

Eric Clapton said some very evil things back in the day, and he remains one of my fave musicians. He's retracted them in recent years, said he has changed, and that's his business. I listen to his stuff because it's incredible.
                                Still, there's a difference between Ted and Tom. Tom may be part of a group that many here find questionable. But he's not one that goes and says or does anything about it.

Ted is great in exercising his first amendment rights, but that also comes with the burden of people turning away in spite of his talent. If people want to make their X political, they have to understand that people will hold that against them. Like for Ted. Now, I picture Ted whining about people taking him to task, and that he's got the right to free speech. Again, free speech comes with the burden of making people mad, which you have to accept if you are going do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X