This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I mean, it kind of is but only because there are stores that I didn't even know sold firearms (Kroger anyone?) that is coming out saying the same thing.
    Can't say I've ever seen guns at the Kroger I go to...
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Guns, Guns, And More Guns

http://kstp.com/news/guns-ammunition...4811241/?cat=1

"Some people are collectors, and they have this amount of weapons in the home," Serier said. "I don't know if that was the case here, but this was definitely a lot. And the real issue we have on the front end is that some of the weapons were unsecured and clearly accessible by a minor. That's a big problem."

Yes, that is a big problem. Too many people contribute to this problem. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Guessing the people in the above story aren't collectors, either.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        One wonders why he cares? He's not a politician. He can do whatever he wants. Yet, he's gone full derp conservative on everything. And, I mean, everything.
        "I wish I had a shilling

For every senseless killing.

I'd buy a government."

The Decline, released in 1999
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Florida bans, then rescinds the ban on AR 15s within fifteen minutes.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Florida bans, then rescinds the ban on AR 15s within fifteen minutes.
            I wonder if anything interesting t happened in those 15 minutes.
            Perhaps nra masters pulling funding?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              That's my guess. Pathetic, and why I hate politics. They aren't for the people anymore. They are for their jobs, and whoever funds their jobs. And shush on R and D. Goes both ways, and it's sad.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Don't be so cynical. They could just have not fully read the bill and didn't know what they were voting for.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  That's my guess. Pathetic, and why I hate politics. They aren't for the people anymore. They are for their jobs, and whoever funds their jobs. And shush on R and D. Goes both ways, and it's sad.
                  "All of the votes in the Florida senate that rejected the bill banning AR-15s were from Republicans."

Try again.

Comment

The voice vote was deemed an approval of the ban. The formal role call vote was 21-17 against.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      "All of the votes in the Florida senate that rejected the bill banning AR-15s were from Republicans."

Try again.
                      For guns, yes, it's all on R. I'm talking any issue. No D or R goes for "what's best." They go for "what will it take for me to keep my job?" Right now it's guns and that issue. Neither "side" is innocent. It makes me sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Don't be so cynical. They could just have not fully read the bill and didn't know what they were voting for.
                        Not reading the bill is what West Virginia did tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          For guns, yes, it's all on R. I'm talking any issue. No D or R goes for "what's best." They go for "what will it take for me to keep my job?" Right now it's guns and that issue. Neither "side" is innocent. It makes me sad.
                          I doubt I'm any less cynical than you, Brent, but "they all do it" is a cop out. There are huge differences between these two parties right now, and those differences matter.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            I doubt I'm any less cynical than you, Brent, but "they all do it" is a cop out. There are huge differences between these two parties right now, and those differences matter.
                            The difference comes down to "the letter C". One is Overt & One is Covert.

Let's see you try and out-cynical that one
                            "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                            Groucho Marx
                            "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                            Ron White
                            "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                            Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                              The difference comes down to "the letter C". One is Overt & One is Covert.

Let's see you try and out-cynical that one
                              No meaningful difference in degree? To use a sloppy metaphor: All autism is the same, regardless of where the patient falls on the spectrum?
                              Last edited by burd; 03-04-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                No meaningful difference in degree? To use a sloppy metaphor: All autism is the same, regardless of where the patient falls on the spectrum?
                                Perfect analogy!
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X