Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 195: Who ends up at the RR Country Club for the summer 1st?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 195: Who ends up at the RR Country Club for the summer 1st?

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I received $12.5M from Ms. Elizabeth Sulser. The total is now $379,968,391.88.
    I received $4.5M from Mr David White. The total is now $384,468,391.88.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 195: Who ends up at the RR Country Club for the summer 1st?

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I thought that might be what was meant. I have never heard that term used.
      Maybe it's a Midwest thing. I knew what was meant. I don't remember ever hearing the term when I lived in Maryland (although, when I lived in Maryland, I wasn't paying for a car registration).
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I thought that might be what was meant. I have never heard that term used.
        Mornin’ Lodge!

What would you call them? Simply car registration?

Always interested in different terms and verbiage used in some regions and not others.

I have always known them as car tabs.

Headed to the Twin Cities after work today for practice. One practice and then a game Friday, 2 Saturday, and 1 Sunday. While I wish I could make it to Sioux Falls, I’m happy that my schedule accommodates viewing Friday’s game and Saturday night’s if they win.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Finally giving in and seeing a sports medicine doctor. I pulled/tore/broke something in my ribcage while on the driving range last summer, and it still hurts...like 8 months later. Figure I should see if this is something that will go away or if I'll just have to live with it. Plus, I would like to golf again in my life.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
            Maybe it's a Midwest thing. I knew what was meant. I don't remember ever hearing the term when I lived in Maryland (although, when I lived in Maryland, I wasn't paying for a car registration).
            Must be. We just register the car, the Registry sends a card that goes in your glove compartment and a sticker to attach to your license plate. We do that every two years and it's only, like $60. Or less. Can't remember. Certainly not as much as Minnesota! Yeesh.

So, today's storm is now not starting till much later. Downgrading storm totals. I just want to know about Sunday's potential storm. They can't really talk about it till after this one, though, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Must be. We just register the car, the Registry sends a card that goes in your glove compartment and a sticker to attach to your license plate. We do that every two years and it's only, like $60. Or less. Can't remember. Certainly not as much as Minnesota! Yeesh.

So, today's storm is now not starting till much later. Downgrading storm totals. I just want to know about Sunday's potential storm. They can't really talk about it till after this one, though, I guess.
              Our state likes to **** us without lube in the *** when it comes to license tabs. For the first 4 years I owned my truck, tabs were $600-$700 per year. One of the really ****ing stupid things about MN.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Our state likes to **** us without lube in the *** when it comes to license tabs. For the first 4 years I owned my truck, tabs were $600-$700 per year. One of the really ****ing stupid things about MN.
                I was going to mention, truck tabs on newer trucks can be absurd.

Hope the injury gets better with golf season knocking on the doorstep!
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Jebus, and I thought paying $120 annually in Michigan was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Mine was around 650-700 as well. You can either pay higher income taxes or fees. Or you can have roads like Indiana.

Note that we also don’t have inspections either.

MN has a lot of fees implemented when Pawlenty wasn’t in power.

Edit: removed partisan political stuff. Didn’t realize it was the lodge.
                    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 03-21-2018, 12:43 PM.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                      Mornin’ Lodge!

What would you call them? Simply car registration?

Always interested in different terms and verbiage used in some regions and not others.

I have always known them as car tabs.

Headed to the Twin Cities after work today for practice. One practice and then a game Friday, 2 Saturday, and 1 Sunday. While I wish I could make it to Sioux Falls, I’m happy that my schedule accommodates viewing Friday’s game and Saturday night’s if they win.
                      DC calls them "Registration Stickers". I just looked on the website. They are type that stick to the inside of the windshield.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Mine was around 650-700 as well. You can either pay higher income taxes or fees. Or you can have roads like Indiana.

Note that we also don’t have inspections either.

MN has a lot of fees implemented when Pawlenty wasn’t in power.

Edit: removed partisan political stuff. Didn’t realize it was the lodge.
                        I've never driven on roads in Indiana as bad as I've found in MN, and I've had to go to Indiana quite a lot over the years.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          I've never driven on roads in Indiana as bad as I've found in MN, and I've had to go to Indiana quite a lot over the years.
                          Really? The last few times I drove through Indiana I remember thinking, "Man, these roads are worse than Aleppo's"
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

$$ for registration is dependent on the valuation of car, I think. If the car is new and expensive costs way more. Mine is less than 60$.

Forgot to check in. Good Afternoon Lodge!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Really? The last few times I drove through Indiana I remember thinking, "Man, these roads are worse than Aleppo's"
                              Well, that was Gary. I specifically remember that road. Everything about Gary sucks.

Also, I can show some MN roads that are worse than Aleppo's too.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                $$ for registration is dependent on the valuation of car, I think. If the car is new and expensive costs way more. Mine is less than 60$.

Forgot to check in. Good Afternoon Lodge!
                                Ours are similar, only the first four years of registration are a minimum $200. After that, the fees are drastically reduced. This was done with the idea that people in more secure financial situations are the people purchasing new/er vehicles. Not surprising.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X