• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2018 off-season thread

Here's the schedule for the 2018-19 season:

www.wcha.com/men/pres1718/201805/may9wcm_lss.pdf

Comment

No home-and-home series again for the Lakers and NMU.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        No home-and-home series again for the Lakers and NMU.
        Nope. We play them 4 times, all conference games, home and away series for each team.

Lakers nonconference games are Merrimack, Michigan and the GLI.

Comment

It is a pretty good schedule. I don't see to many weak opponents in that schedule .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
            It is a pretty good schedule. I don't see to many weak opponents in that schedule .
            That is not what the opponents are thinking when they see the Lakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
              That is not what the opponents are thinking when they see the Lakers.
              Which is fine. They misjudge us, we steal games.

Anything can happen. Just take a look at the NHL and the Avalanche - they were decidedly the worst team in the league last year with only 48 points in 22 wins. this year, they make the playoffs with 95 points in 43 wins, almost double that from last year. All it takes a few changes for a team to turn it around.

I mean, it's easy to say now, considering it's May, but I think it's alright to be cautiously optimistic.
              LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

First Laker Hockey Talk show of the off-season is scheduled for next Thursday morning at 8:30.

Comment

From the LHT Show, its sounds like the new guys coming in this Fall will be Guy, Vielette, Mucha, Calder and Karlsson at forward, and Oliver, Nordqvist and Semandel on D. At least that's the plan for now. Some current players will be attending NHL summer camps, so it's always possible someone could get an offer that they think is too good to pass up and an additional commit might be needed to come in.

Comment

It would be nice if we could find out on the incoming players , what other schools were interested in them . That would tell us more about their talent level then anything else. You would hate to think we are bringing in guys that no one else had an interest in .
                    Last edited by sm2pk; 05-18-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Does anyone remember what year this thread started . I think I have been on it since 1998 but not sure . My screen name was different back then but I still think it has been 20 years I have been posting on here . Anyone know how long this has been on ?

Comment

Does anyone remember what year this thread started . I think I have been on it since 1998 but not sure . My screen name was different back then but I still think it has been 20 years I have been posting on here . Anyone know how long this has been on ?
                        I think USCHO started up in 1996. I'm not sure if the Fan Forum started up at the same time or was added a little later. I came across it in 1999.

Comment

Bill, the older we get, the less we remember . I am starting to remember less about the Lakers playing at the Pullar in the 60s then I remember .

Comment

Bill, the older we get, the less we remember . I am starting to remember less about the Lakers playing at the Pullar in the 60s then I remember .
                            Randy McArthur, John Flesch, Doug Kaceravich, Archie Orazetti, Jim Wiley, Rick Comley, guys from back around then.

Comment

What about Matt Barnaby Jr? Did he decommit? Haven't heard his name in awhile but nothing I could find said he decommited.

Comment

Originally posted by WayUpNorth22 View Post
                                What about Matt Barnaby Jr? Did he decommit? Haven't heard his name in awhile but nothing I could find said he decommited.
                                He may wind up playing Major Junior hockey. I think he has academic issues and won't be able to make it through the Clearing House. Too bad. He's got a lot of talent, but evidently not the discipline/desire to get his academics in order (and he's had time to do that since committing to the Lakers). He also needs to build up more muscle/bulk wherever his hockey future takes him. He may have decommited, although I haven't seen anything official. I don't think he'd be able to play at any other Div 1 school this coming season because of his Clearing House issues. If he does want to go elsewhere for college hockey, he still will have to get those issues corrected. From an age standpoint, he can still play another season of junior hockey. It would be great if somehow he still winds up being a Laker, but that's not sounding all that likely anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X