LSSU Lakers 2018 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2018 off-season thread

I believe it was mentioned on the show yesterday, but J.T. Henke has signed with the Greenville Swamp Rabbits of the ECHL:

http://lakerhockeyblog.com/2018/02/2...swamp-rabbits/

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...20180228njghpa
    Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
      I believe it was mentioned on the show yesterday, but J.T. Henke has signed with the Greenville Swamp Rabbits of the ECHL:

http://lakerhockeyblog.com/2018/02/2...swamp-rabbits/

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...20180228njghpa
      I think I heard Damon say that Kyle Chatham was also heading somewhere to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        When he was at UAA he was also known as a whiner. It's followed him around I guess.
        In all the times I’ve talked to him, I’ve never gotten that impression.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          On occasion, I've heard him complain about the officiating on the Laker Hockey Shows. It's normally with the inconsistency of calls, or something that should have been called wasn't or vice versa. If that's whining, I think we're all guilty of it because we all do that on occasion. But then he normally went on to say it is what it is and they have to play through it. I don't recall him ever blaming a loss solely on the officiating.

Comment

Add Mr. Hand to the list of those not returning next year, seems to be a trend the past few seasons.

Comment

A 4 year extension.

http://www.lssulakers.com/general/20...20180301nyxmn1

Comment

Originally posted by Section P View Post
                This is March not April 1st right?
                A .500 season in 4 years gets Whitten a lifetime contract I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  I think I heard Damon say that Kyle Chatham was also heading somewhere to play.
                  Chatham has signed with Reading (ECHL).
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Section P View Post
                    Season ticket deposits starting in March?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                      Season ticket deposits starting in March?

I'm going to the box office tomorrow to see about playoff ticket refund. I'll ask about their season ticket deposit program for you.
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Any word if Roman Bengert will be eligible to play next season for the Lakers?
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          Any word if Roman Bengert will be eligible to play next season for the Lakers?
                          As far as I know, he should be eligible to play. I think he only had to sit out this one season. He's a bit of an unknown quantity at this point. Most valuable goalie in the MJHL last season although that is not one of the stronger Junior A leagues. Assuming both Kossoff and Mittens are back, he could have a tough time cracking the lineup. He'll probably have to shine in pre-season practices to earn a start. Or any injury to either of the other guys could open up an opportunity for him.

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                            I'm going to the box office tomorrow to see about playoff ticket refund. I'll ask about their season ticket deposit program for you.
                            I don't need an answer on that, just thought it was funny when I read that in the article and wondered if anyone else picked up on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                              I don't need an answer on that, just thought it was funny when I read that in the article and wondered if anyone else picked up on that.

I was joking with you and I thought you were joking as well. When I read the article I didn't read the end of it. The season tickets are not very expensive so I wonder how many fans are going to put down deposits.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                That's good.
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X