Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine vs. UNH: Old Ties Die Hard

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    It's not exactly like we're overflowing with TV stations in NH, e.cat.
    Also it's tougher for the visiting team to produce the games due to the expense of moving the equipment. If it WERE to be on locally, they would most likely pick up the feed anyway so you would still get the Maine announcing crew. Another consideration is that there may only be "room" for one TV production so they might not be able to do it anyway.

Comment

Friday's game is on NESN and Fox College Sports. Saturday's game is on Fox College Sports only.

Comment

Has Alfond sold out for these games?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Probably not.

Comment

Good sections are still available.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
              I go back long enough to enjoy watching UNH Hockey on NH PBS. Is there no FOX affiliate in NH? Only WMUR 9 remains? What can be said about the commies to the south Chuck?
              Remember those days of UNH on Channel 11 (PBS) too, that's actually how I first got on board many years ago.

No FOX affiliate in NH, sadly. Explains why the formerly Red-dest state in NE has morphed into light Blue ...
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Remember those days of UNH on Channel 11 (PBS) too, that's actually how I first got on board many years ago.
                Ditto with Channel 2 in Boston. They would show two teams primarily...Harvard hockey and Providence College basketball. First college hockey game I ever saw was that way.

Comment

No FOX affiliate in NH, sadly. Explains why the formerly Red-dest state in NE has morphed into light Blue ...
                  The days of Meldrim Thomson and William Loeb are long gone!
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

I was looking today at tickets, gave it a little thought about going saturday, its WIDE open. At this pace the friday game will do good to be half full. I suspect there will be good student turnout though.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                      I was looking today at tickets, gave it a little thought about going saturday, its WIDE open. At this pace the friday game will do good to be half full. I suspect there will be good student turnout though.
                      The impending N'Easter might affect things!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                        The impending N'Easter might affect things!
                        Latest forecast puts the storm well out to sea before it hits Maine. Going to be good surf if anyone is adventurous. But this is New England so the forecast can change at a moment's notice and we'll get two feet.

As of last night at 11 there were over 2250 seats available and the upper bowl was almost completely empty.

Comment

I drove in snow for hours today, well north of Alfond was a winter wonderland. Tomorrow sounds like wind and rain near Alfond and the rain is questionable.
                          Last time I looked regularly 50 dollar seats were still available for 20 bucks.
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Well it's officially game day and I just got home from Florida in time to make a few late night posts! Hey in the spirit of the game let's hope both teams play well but of course you know I'm hoping the 'Cats surprise the Blackbears! Go 'CAAAATTTSSSS!!!
                            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

So I heard many Vermont fans were very upset with the referees last night. What a great start for the tournament this year. Hopefully we see a pair/trio of well officiated games this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                                So I heard many Vermont fans were very upset with the referees last night. What a great start for the tournament this year. Hopefully we see a pair/trio of well officiated games this weekend.
                                Par for the course for UVM fans!

Comment

Working...
                                X