X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ALL THINGS DENVER XLI--Will Boone go to St.Paul

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Viz,

Yours must be later than that since your season ended after RPI's did.
    You are so right. Assuming Oct. 7 as a start date (DU only has the NCHC schedule posted), July 1st would be the halfway point for the off season

Assuming Oct. 7 as a start date, Today, June 28, marks 101 days until the first DU hockey game.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Changes: Goalie Michael Corson in--Goalie Dylan Rasmussen out.

On the alumni side: Rhett Rakhshani moves from Malmo (SHL) to Frolunda (SHL) and Matt Donovan from Frolunda (SHL) to Milwaukee Admirals (AHL).
      GO DU !!!

Comment

"Down Goes Brown" looks at the free agent market including Paul Statsny's signing with St.Louis @$7million per
        https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...it-term-scale/
        GO DU !!!

Comment

I assume the new coach will be putting a bit of a mark on the schedule? I know you originally had a reciprocal with Notre Dame, but they released through CSTV without you (albeit two games short when factoring all exemptions, but unless they play five games over nine days, there really isn't room). Only other possibilities I see is there's a gap open for Union, maybe someone like Canisius could fit in there...

ETA: Fairly reliable source from Union nixed both Union and Canisius.
          Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 06-29-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            I assume the new coach will be putting a bit of a mark on the schedule? I know you originally had a reciprocal with Notre Dame, but they released through CSTV without you (albeit two games short when factoring all exemptions, but unless they play five games over nine days, there really isn't room). Only other possibilities I see is there's a gap open for Union, maybe someone like Canisius could fit in there...

ETA: Fairly reliable source from Union nixed both Union and Canisius.
            Somebody must know about the non-conference schedule, but it isn't me.

This season should be interesting. New AD, new Coach, not unexpected 3 early departures (all of whom had All Conference or All American status), former Richter award winner, All American, #1 goalie graduates, loss of top 3 on defense (2 to graduation 1 to the NHL), but other than that things should be normal.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Just wondering about Assistant Coach and here comes the announcement--Dallas Ferguson, former UAF coach had worked with/ for Tavis MacMillan. Has Division I and WHL experience. Volunteer Assistant Reinprecht has NHL and European experience. Looks like 2 strong choices by David Carle. In my mind getting someone with NHL experience was a must.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Paul Stastny and Tyler Bozak Must have learned "the art of the deal" while at DU. Stats signed with Vegas for $6.5 Million for 3 years and Bozak signed with Blues for 3 years at $5 million. Both played 2 years for the Pios before turning pro, 2004-2006 and 2007-2009 respectively.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

More Changes:
                  Joey LaLeggia to San Antonio (AHL)
                  Beau Bennett to Minsk(KHL)
                  Evan Janssen to Guilford, Surrey (England)

DU adds Hank Crone for 2019 Transfer from BU

#Bozie42 (Tyler Bozak) goes back to #21 with St. Louis--the same number he wore at DU.
                  Last edited by vizoroo; 07-09-2018, 03:34 AM.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Front page news--Pios Captain Logan O'Connor signs with Avs.

David Carle has his hands full for the upcoming season. Will DU try to bring in a recruit this late in the Off season?
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

• Re: ALL THINGS DENVER XLI--Will Boone go to St.Paul

Logan O'Connor's contract is for $925,000 which includes $92,500 signing bonus for both years and $212,500 performance bonus. So even if he plays in the AHL he would earn $70,00 plus the signing bonus--$162,500 (my understanding). Hard to turn down the $$$, much less the chance to make your dream happen.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        Front page news--Pios Captain Logan O'Connor signs with Avs.

David Carle has his hands full for the upcoming season. Will DU try to bring in a recruit this late in the Off season?
                        And as such, a new captain is needed -- Colin Staub named captain.

r

Comment

Brendan Budy supposedly coming in to take O'Connor's spot on the roster. He previously signed an NLI.
                          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Jason Zucker signed a 5 year $27.5 Million contract with the Wild. Think he made $2 million last year.

BTW--CC's 3000 seat arena will be the smallest in the NCHC. Does the conference have a minimum number?
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Ian Mitchell had a goal and an assist in his first game with Team Canada at the WJC Summer Showcase.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Haven't been on Twitter for awhile so missed out on @theflowleague. a summer hockey program run by Angelo Ricci. The Championship game was played yesterday, so don't rush out for tickets.
                                But the 2 teams have a lot of familiar names: Team Harvard includes the four Shore Brothers (btw Baker debuts at Harvard this year), Didier, Bozak, and Richter winner Cale Morris./ Team Royal has Hobey winner Will Butcher along with Olympian Terry, Mayfield, Gambrell and Cowley as well as CC and Boston's Carlo.

Nick Shore scored the Championship winning shootout goal for Team Harvard.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X