Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ALL THINGS DENVER XLI--Will Boone go to St.Paul

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Twitterverse has Monty headed to Dallas.
    Why that's just as good as a verbal commitment.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Twitterverse has Monty headed to Dallas.
      i COULD UNDERSTAND nEW yORK, BUT dALLAS--no! Does he know they have BIG tornadoes in Texas?
      GO DU !!!

Comment

All time DU great Keith Magnuson would have celebrated his 71st birthday April 27 th. Sometime in April I came across, Keith Magnuson: The Inspiring Life and Times of a Beloved Blackhawk on Google Books. Here's the link which I'm sure is too long, https://books.google.com/books?id=mb...AYF1zRKEQRK0k&
        GO DU !!!

Comment

The Monty story is front page USCHO right now.

Where there's smoke ...
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Somehow this feels like old news to me? Not sure why.. as an opposing fan, I didn't like the guy much but that could be my bias. So...bringing back Gwoz? ;-) Heard he's got some good HS connections. At least he didn't burn a bridge when he got let go by DU unlike some prominent former UMD womens coach. His enemies still in power at DU?
            I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
              Somehow this feels like old news to me? Not sure why.. as an opposing fan, I didn't like the guy much but that could be my bias. So...bringing back Gwoz? ;-) Heard he's got some good HS connections. At least he didn't burn a bridge when he got let go by DU unlike some prominent former UMD womens coach. His enemies still in power at DU?
              Rumors are the David Carle will take over as HC. He's only 28, but has been an assistant/student assistant since he was 18, including a couple years with the Green Bay Gamblers (USHL) under Derek Lalonde. He's supposedly been the face of recruiting under Monty as well.

r

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                i COULD UNDERSTAND nEW yORK, BUT dALLAS--no! Does he know they have BIG tornadoes in Texas?
                Taxes.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Taxes.
                  As in NO state income tax! Well, I guess Dallas more family oriented than NYC.
                  Guess it was inevitable, But I'm sorry to see Monty go
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

I wonder if Steve Miller sold his house yet...
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      I wonder if Steve Miller sold his house yet...
                      One would think if Steve Miller was ever going to be a HC, this would be the perfect time and place.

Are his bridges still intact with the administration?
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Well done Mr. Zucker.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...ucker-helstrom
                        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Nice! Seamless transition from Borgstrom and Terry to Benn and Seguin! LOL!
                          Congrats Monty...you earned and deserved this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                            Well deserved recognition. Congrats Jason! As we said when he was in Denver, "Zucker like in trucker"
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Montgomery press conference: http://www.denverpioneers.com/sports...050418aaa.html
                              "Pioneer for life."
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

The next few weeks will tell who the next head coach will be. Will the current staff stay on? (They did when Gwoz left, but all except Tanzer were gone the next season)
                                LetsGoDU.com has already been the site of much discussion before the official announcement with around 70 comments.

The next question, how many recruits will change their minds?

Recruiting Class of 2018

Signed in November 2017
                                Slava Demin (D) 4//4/2000 6'1" 185 Wenatchee Wild ( BCHL) NLI
                                Brendan Budy (F) 2000-06-06 Langley Rivermen "C" (BCHL) 5'8" 160 NLI
                                Cole Guttman (F) 4-6-99 5'10" 171 Dubuque Fighting Saints "C" (USHL) NLI (Tampa Bay)
                                Brett Stapley ( F) 2-23-1999 5'10" 165 Vernon Vipers (BCHL)NLI

Signed in April 2018
                                Filip Larsson (G) 6'2" 185 Tri city Storm (USHL) GAA 1.65 Sv% .941 SO 7 (Detroit)NLI
                                Mathias Emilio Pettersen (C) 2000-04-03 Muskegon Lumberjacks USHL 5'10" 170 NLI committed in 2014
                                Tyler Ward (F) Aug. 1999 5'10' 170 Tri City Storm USHL NLI
                                Kyle Mayhew (D) 5'8" 150 Fairbanks Ice Dogs (NAHL) 12/15/97 NLI
                                Sean Comrie ( RD) 1-30-00 Spruce Grove (AJHL) 5'11" 160 NLI

Will Mackinnon ( D) 4/13/2000 5'11" 195 Des Moines Buccaneers "A" USHL NLI in November, but not shown in recruiting class by DU. Still shown on College Hockey Inc.

Verbal Commits**
                                Ryan O'Reilly (F) 3-21-00 Madison Capitals 6' 183 lbs. College Hockey has him in this year. Could be 2019
                                Eero Teravainen (D) 3-8-99 5'11" 174 Lincoln Stars (USHL)

When Monty took over there were 5 or 6 commits/recruits who took another path. Whether their choice or Monty's?? Had any signed a NLI?? Were any released from a NLI?? Would DU release a recruit from a NLI??

Looking back here are a few who took another path:
                                Tyler Pham--Army--Hard to turn down an appointment to West Point
                                Gage Ausmus-North Dakota--he decommitted quickly
                                Garrett Gamez--Providence
                                Cody dePourq-Bentley the next year
                                Landon Smith--Quinnipiac
                                Ray Pigozzi--UMass
                                Sebastian Fuchs--return to Sweden
                                (Monty brought in the likes of Marcinew, Janssen, Romig to fill the holes)

And then there was Mike Szmatula who wanted to come to play for Monty at DU, but Northeastern wouldn't release from his NLI. He eventually transferred to Minnesota.

**Verbal commitments/Gentlemen's Agreement not to recruit is going the way of the dodo.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X