X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The thing I remember about Miami was there was a “**** you” toll 1,000 feet outside the airport and the whole city smelled like a landfill.
    There's only one restaurant in the entire terminal that Delta flies out of. And the beer selection is horse****.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
      SIN is an amazingly good airport.

I've been to MIA once....horrible experience.
      Yes and yes
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

My mom just messaged me:

“As they say, if you go to hell you’ll transfer through Atlanta.”

😁
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Lol. Sure

I can’t remember philly, Boston, Miami, or Reagan. Or really any of the other ones.
          PHL is bad, but not as bad as everyone thinks - it's just old and has narrow concourses. BOS is okay if you're going out of Terminal A (Delta, SWA, a couple others), and presumably JetBlue's terminal is nice (I'll find out in October). The United & American terminals were horrible the last time I went through them.

DCA was a lot better than I thought it would be. MIA is awful.

Comment

All three DC airports are fine, though DCA is a b-tch to get to.

LGA is where happiness goes to die.

PDX is my favorite airport because it's so stupid.

RDU used to be a wonderful airport but that was a huge renovation ago so they probably ruined it.

ALB is still the easiest airport I've been to. Even with all the Forever War sh-t you can still drive right up, walk into ticketing and be at your gate in 5 minutes.
            Last edited by Kepler; 06-15-2018, 04:23 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Narita, Gatwick and Abu Dhabi suck. The new airport in Bangkok rules. That is all.

Comment

The MIA cab drivers (yes before uber) made me nearly kill someone much less the airport

Comment

I wonder about places like Tel Aviv or Beirut. They aren't huge like ATL, but they must be extremely careful there.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    I wonder about places like Tel Aviv or Beirut. They aren't huge like ATL, but they must be extremely careful there.
                    IIRC, I've read that Israel has a completely different approach to airport security than the US. From the minute someone steps out onto the curb at the departures level, the military/cops start to profile them based on their appearance, luggage, behavior, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      IIRC, I've read that Israel has a completely different approach to airport security than the US. From the minute someone steps out onto the curb at the departures level, the military/cops start to profile them based on their appearance, luggage, behavior, etc.
                      They are total behavioral profiling and it works for them

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        PHL is bad, but not as bad as everyone thinks - it's just old and has narrow concourses. BOS is okay if you're going out of Terminal A (Delta, SWA, a couple others), and presumably JetBlue's terminal is nice (I'll find out in October). The United & American terminals were horrible the last time I went through them.

DCA was a lot better than I thought it would be. MIA is awful.
                        Once you’re inside JetBlue’s terminal at Logan Airport, it’s great. The area outside both arrivals and departures is a nightmare. Way too small.

Comment

We’ve now been sitting on an unconditioned jet in 90+ F weather for over and hour and a half.

I can’t win with this trip.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

And now these ****ing idiots just rammed the tow bar into the plane so hard they broke it.

They broke the ****ing towbar.

I’m going to kill someone here real soon.
                            Code:

Comment

Speaking bad airports, Newark is horrid.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                I don't think I've had a good experience yet at DIA. It is usually a nightmare from my experiences. Long lines, inefficient, annoying. I would try to avoid it.
                                For real? Obviously I don't travel as much as many of you here, and they had their sh* on point every time I've been through there. I'll give you long lines, but they make them MOVE, unlike MSP, IMO. MSP really means 2 hours lead time. At DEN (DIA, thanks for the info) I probably could have shown up 30 min before my flight and have been fine.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X