X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    That is the first time I've heard anything bad about DIA. Half the time, they didn't even bother with security for me (this was after 9/11). Basically looked at me, all prepared, shoe-less, all metal in hand ready to drop, and said "fuggit, he's good."
    I don't think I've had a good experience yet at DIA. It is usually a nightmare from my experiences. Long lines, inefficient, annoying. I would try to avoid it.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The best airport I’ve been through has been AMS. Followed by MSP terminal 1 at about a 7.5, relative. Maybe higher.

I’d put SBN, WRO, MLI at the top beyond that (among those I remember). WRO and MLI are likely because they’re so small.

ABZ was decent. I’d put FRA, JFK, and CDG at the bottom.

Frankfurt was weird. No centralized security stations and they don’t have enough bins when you get to one.

CDG is just a complete mess. I am also finding I despise airports that wait until 30 minutes before your departure to assign your gate. It’s not as efficient as I expected. It’s just asking for people to miss their flight. Especially international travelers who might have issues with WiFi or cell service. When the over breaks down it’s a mess. I got a “You flight is closing its doors in 10 minutes. Go to the gate now” before there was even a gate assigned at CDG. Ran there only to wait another 30 minutes in line.

Amsterdam would be perfect if it weren’t so busy.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Just realized from the other comments that DIA is Denver, and not a mistype of IAD for Dulles. It seems they could have picked slightly more different codes for two very important airports.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Now you see why I prefer ams to cdg

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Now you see why I prefer ams to cdg
            100%
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Just realized from the other comments that DIA is Denver, and not a mistype of IAD for Dulles. It seems they could have picked slightly more different codes for two very important airports.
              DIA is the layman acronym. The actual IATA code for Denver is DEN.

Comment

KWI is the worst airport on earth.

Logan has direct access to the plane form BA lounges, so that gets two thumbs up

PIT has one central security bottleneck. Ugh. Luckily nobody flies there anymore

DXB is huge. So changing can by an issue, but it works and Emirates first class lounge is pretty cool

LHR does that late call for gates, plus term 5 has those satellite bldgs which requires a train ride. And the Concorde lounge cooks all their burgers well done. Fvcking mad cow dammit doesn’t even make up for the fact if you ask for a bottle of booze, they bring you a bottle of booze
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  The best airport I’ve been through has been AMS. Followed by MSP terminal 1 at about a 7.5, relative. Maybe higher.

I’d put SBN, WRO, MLI at the top beyond that (among those I remember). WRO and MLI are likely because they’re so small.

Frankfurt was weird. No centralized security stations and they don’t have enough bins when you get to one.

CDG is just a complete mess. I am also finding I despise airports that wait until 30 minutes before your departure to assign your gate. It’s not as efficient as I expected. It’s just asking for people to miss their flight. Especially international travelers who might have issues with WiFi or cell service. When the over breaks down it’s a mess. I got a “You flight is closing its doors in 10 minutes. Go to the gate now” before there was even a gate assigned at CDG. Ran there only to wait another 30 minutes in line.

So basically other than MSP & AMS you don't like airports with more than 5 gates?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                    So basically other than MSP & AMS you don't like airports with more than 5 gates?
                    Lol. Sure

I can’t remember philly, Boston, Miami, or Reagan. Or really any of the other ones.
                    Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

AMS is a great airport, it might be my favorite that I've been to as well.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        KWI is the worst airport on earth.

Logan has direct access to the plane form BA lounges, so that gets two thumbs up

PIT has one central security bottleneck. Ugh. Luckily nobody flies there anymore

DXB is huge. So changing can by an issue, but it works and Emirates first class lounge is pretty cool

LHR does that late call for gates, plus term 5 has those satellite bldgs which requires a train ride. And the Concorde lounge cooks all their burgers well done. Fvcking mad cow dammit doesn’t even make up for the fact if you ask for a bottle of booze, they bring you a bottle of booze
                        Well, the brits couldn't make a decent burger to save their lives, regardless of where it is.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

SIN is an amazingly good airport.

I've been to MIA once....horrible experience.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                            SIN is an amazingly good airport.

I've been to MIA once....horrible experience.
                            MIA really is bad.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The thing I remember about Miami was there was a “**** you” toll 1,000 feet outside the airport and the whole city smelled like a landfill.
                              Code:

Comment

Holy **** this customs line is enormous.

ETA: “please have your baggage claim ticket ready”

Errrr what? Never needed that before. Can’t find mine. Hopefully the bag number through the app is ok. :-/

Eta2: CBP in every European country I entered had personality. CBP in Atlanta had none except for his authority boner.

Eta3:
                                Yeah, Atlanta is a ****ing joke for security procedures. These clowns don’t know what they’re doing. I asked for a tray to put my stuff in.

“Wear it or bag it”.

Dohkay. Yeah, so now I get flagged because I’m wearing a jacket and you get to feel my balls. Nice.
                                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-15-2018, 03:11 PM.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X