X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    You might be the first person in history to have ever typed this...
    Was going to say the same thing. But, but when it comes from you, it has more weight
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      GF lived in Paris for a bit...she would rather walk then deal with either of us trying to drive in that town.
      I have been to Paris......there is no way in hell I'd ever try to drive in town. YIKES! Rouen was probably the largest town/metro area we drove into and I may have left a wake of destruction in one roundabout.
      The only driving we did close to Paris was from Chartres (~60 miles SW) to the airport and that was fine until we got to CDG itself and tried to figure out were to return the car.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        I have been to Paris......there is no way in hell I'd ever try to drive in town. YIKES! Rouen was probably the largest town/metro area we drove into and I may have left a wake of destruction in one roundabout.
        The only driving we did close to Paris was from Chartres (~60 miles SW) to the airport and that was fine until we got to CDG itself and tried to figure out were to return the car.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          You might be the first person in history to have ever typed this...
          My Aeroflot experience was perfectly fine, no complaints in the 3 flights I took. And one was a direct comparison with Air France, business class, in/out of Moscow. Aeroflot was better than AF in most areas. Bigger seats with more leg room, better food, friendlier flight attendants..

The international terminal at Sheremetyevo was designed horribly though. And the domestic terminal was new, and very, very nice.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            They look too calm.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              They look too calm.
              In Montego Bay, Jamaica right now for my honeymoon. Anybody been? Suggestions?
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

People here think Trump is crazy and they having freaking Duterte in charge as comparison.

Comment

Anyone fly Air Asia before? I have to fly it to BKK this trip instead of Thai Airways which has always been fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Anyone fly Air Asia before? I have to fly it to BKK this trip instead of Thai Airways which has always been fantastic.
                    I flew it within Thailand - bkk to Phuket and then chiang Mai. Was fine- Reminded me of jet2

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      isn't that the one with the stews in bikini tops?

"i have to..."
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        I flew it within Thailand - bkk to Phuket and then chiang Mai. Was fine- Reminded me of jet2
                        Sounds good.

idk mookie but if they do I won't complain. "I have to" - meaning only I've always been happy with TA and didn't know what to expect from AA.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          In Montego Bay, Jamaica right now for my honeymoon. Anybody been? Suggestions?
                          Hey Man (or is it Mon??)!! Also Honeymooned in Jamaica... albeit over 23-years ago... in Runaway Bay. Best [dated] advice I can offer is stay at the resort, and enjoy. Our resort ("Jamaica, Jamaica" at the time... now a Sandals???) was phenomenal. Everything you wanted/needed was right there (including the guy walking up-and-down the beach just off-shore with a conch shell containing some of Jamaica's finer domestic product). We did take three excursions...
                          • Horseback riding (good experience), which was resort-sponsored, but occurred off resort grounds, along adjacent properties (but of course, I got the horse named "Killer")
                          • Dunns River Falls (good experience). Just so happened that we did this with Larry Centers (Running Back for Arizona at the time) & his wife. Great time, but quite a hike from Montego Bay
                          • Shopping trip to Ochos Rios (terrible experience) Tall skinny [at the time!!] pasty-white dude with a sunburn... frequent target of opportunists. Had to "have my guard up" the whole time.

Not to mention The Wife's "after school special" incident at the airport... a story I can share another time.

If you are at an all-inclusive... and odds are that you are... just enjoy all that the resort has to offer. EVERYTHING! ...and "everyting be Irie, Mon".

Cheers!!!
                          ~TTF
                          Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 12-12-2018, 03:29 PM.
                          Dave
                          RIT - '90

Comment

'Ay, mon.

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Sounds good.

idk mookie but if they do I won't complain. "I have to" - meaning only I've always been happy with TA and didn't know what to expect from AA.

mookie and fam are taking TA to ubon from bkk in march.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Booked a trip to Finland next month. Staying 3 days in Helsinki and 4 days in Lapland. Primary purpose is to try and see auroras.

Any recommendations for Helsinki?

Comment

Working...
                                X