X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The only way that rebooking gets worse is if they put me on <60 min layover.
    In ATL, with required passport control/customs? Wheeeeee, have fun.

Comment

Oh ****. Worse than Minneapolis?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Oh ****. Worse than Minneapolis?
        Yes, it's a lot busier. Minneapolis is often annoying because they get bored

Comment

Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Yes, it's a lot busier. Minneapolis is often annoying because they get bored
            Hartsfield is the busiest airport in the country. They have a pretty good system, despite that, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
              Hartsfield is the busiest airport in the country. They have a pretty good system, despite that, IMO.
              It’s bad because it’s SO busy. I find places like lax and jfk to be faster than Minneapolis due to their familiarity with large crowds. I do think Atlanta is alright for being the busiest

Comment

I tried to rebook through DTW and in a delta comfort seat but those dinguses couldn’t rebook me.

I mainly just don’t want a 10.5-hour flight in the a-shole of the plane.
                Code:

Comment

I tried to rebook through DTW and in a delta comfort seat but those dinguses couldn’t rebook me.

Hey who knows? Maybe you'll be seated between two smokin' hot ladies with advanced degrees.

Comment

Maybe try the other way around? Any flights via Tokyo?

Agreed on ATL. Customs there aren't as bad as they should be for as busy as it is, but it is really **** busy, so it does take a while to get through.

My worst experience with US based customs was in Detroit. Sat in a line there for 90 minutes the 1 time I re-entered there. Internationally, Buenos Aires was a complete nightmare.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Had to deal with a little tyrant TSA ***** at DIA this morning. The ******* was telling everyone in "his line:" "see how my line moves faster than those other lines, it is because people are listening to me! Do you have any liquids or electronics?!?!" He started bugging me when I was still 4 people from getting to the table and bins. I ignored the *****. That ****ed him off. He said something like "did you hear me, SIR!" So I responded very firmly "this isn't my first time flying" and went back to ignoring him. It was 4:30am, I had 3 hours of sleep. I was not in the mood to put up with some ****ant's power trip.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Had to deal with a little tyrant TSA ***** at DIA this morning. The ******* was telling everyone in "his line:" "see how my line moves faster than those other lines, it is because people are listening to me! Do you have any liquids or electronics?!?!" He started bugging me when I was still 4 people from getting to the table and bins. I ignored the *****. That ****ed him off. He said something like "did you hear me, SIR!" So I responded very firmly "this isn't my first time flying" and went back to ignoring him. It was 4:30am, I had 3 hours of sleep. I was not in the mood to put up with some ****ant's power trip.
                        Careful, giving too much lip to TSA might land you on the new "double secret probation" list.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          That is the first time I've heard anything bad about DIA. Half the time, they didn't even bother with security for me (this was after 9/11). Basically looked at me, all prepared, shoe-less, all metal in hand ready to drop, and said "fuggit, he's good."
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Yeah, but we pay big bucks to our travel agent. We should get better service.

The Scotland screwup was 100% personal travel so I didn’t have expectations there about corporate service and rebooking.

I do when I’m traveling for work. Very disappointed with the service right now. It doesn’t help that I’ve been jerked around all trip with delays and cancellations.
                            No way you should have let them tell you they couldn’t do anything. As you typed, they are paid by your company.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Hey who knows? Maybe you'll be seated between two smokin' hot ladies with advanced degrees.
                              Nope. The opposite.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Nope. The opposite.

ETA: On the plus side, I apparently get free WiFi through work on all delta flights.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X