This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

The places I have had the worst luck in security are: Maui, Dulles, Boston, Madrid. The places where security is generally ok, Detroit, LHR, Zagreb, usually Amsterdam.
    Everything else is average for me.
    As far as clearing customs. it really depends on where in the stream your flight arrives. 10 minutes makes a huge difference. Global entry sometimes helps but most of the time it doesn't matter all that much and might save you 6 or 8 minutes. IMHO Atlanta is the worst AP in the US. JFK is usually fairly quick.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Mookie stayed out of the lounge today in heathrow. The beers and gins offered are abundant and amazing. If there was a hotel IN terminal five and open 24/7 mookie would consider it
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Sitting in Pearson for two hours, then the 11 hour flight to Tel Aviv.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Enjoy the trip!
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Going into Bangkok from the in-laws place. See some friends and get some boat noodles, barbecue chicken and sticky rice. Will watch the early WC game from a packed bar, come back and pack for a trip to the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              get some boat noodles, barbecue chicken and sticky rice
              Is that where you do commerce in the middle of the river?

Comment

Safe travels!
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Is that where you do commerce in the middle of the river?
                  In this case no but there are spots outside Bangkok where you can. Boat noodles is more a reference to s style of broth and ingredients than location.

Comment

Finally at Ben-Gurion International. These lines don't move. Wow.

Comment

Finally at Ben-Gurion International. These lines don't move. Wow.
                      I wondered how that would be. Is there a more security conscious airport on the planet?

Comment

Currently at DTW, where I am STL-bound again. Only about my 5th trip there in the 2+ year history of my consulting career.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                          I wondered how that would be. Is there a more security conscious airport on the planet?
                          They weren't in your face about anything, but they do ask a lot of questions.

Comment

They weren't in your face about anything, but they do ask a lot of questions.
                            From what I've read, it's not the answer you give, it's how you react to the question being asked....
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              From what I've read, it's not the answer you give, it's how you react to the question being asked....
                              They definitely ask questions that make you wonder what the hell they are asking it for. If you react that way, though, they'll ask even more questions.

Comment

Sitting at a seaside restaurant last night in Hua Han about 3 hours outside Bangkok. Patti's friend owns the resort (Blue Sky) while another a local fishery and he brought in pounds of fresh crab, prawns and mussels that they cooked for us special order. With the stars out, the wine flowing and a small storm brewing off to our west the setting was just sublime. After a bit the bar band started up and their first song a very Dread Zeppelinish version of the Muhamad Ali that for some reason made the moment and the night just rolled from there!!

Comment

Working...
                                X